Register now to get rid of these ads!

Odins701 is in the hospital with burns over most of his body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5756r, Nov 19, 2009.

1. odins701

odins701

OMG you guys rock!

2. Hey there, i've red the entire thread about you incredible guy and i'm trying to send a lot of strength and good vibes to you, as hard as i can. keep up! with all my power, Carsten from overseas.

3. mlagusis

mlagusis

[QUOTEI'm going to Jenros in Virginia Beach Sat. night to see some cars. My first time out, not really a car show but there is a gathering I hear. Any one local want to catch up, i'll be scooting around on a red Rascal and driving an 02 red gmc. Thats right, driving! I'm doing odds and ends around the house, cutting grass too. Started the lawn mower myself yesterday for 1st time! i can move around good as long as its 72 deg or lower. Don't have the stamina for too much.
    ][/QUOTE]

Wow! That is very cool! I am glad to hear that you are able to get out and about. Still praying for you and your family.

Matt

4. odins701

odins701

I actually did some work on the model a this week en with my daughter;
    i took the intake off aqnd sent it to my dad just before the accident, well then intake parts got rusty after all that time. so i stuffed each port with cloth,
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got her to tape off cardboard over the vally and i used a small SS wire brush dry, then blew it out, removed the cloth from each port and removed cardboard, hit with air again and she hosed it down with light oil.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Put the intake on (she did)

and the new adapter dad made hits..

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

its marked up..

[​IMG]

its on

[​IMG]

then the radiator and hood

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

Holy Cow!
    You are a miracle!
    God Bless and I'm praying for your continued recovery.

6. odins701

odins701

Wow! That is very cool! I am glad to hear that you are able to get out and about. Still praying for you and your family.

Matt[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

7. odins701

odins701

Thanks,

check it out:
    [​IMG]

8. odins701

odins701

9. odins701

odins701

Of course, she had to set the radiator and hood. we have to come up with an air box design to fit. looks like we 5" in the front and 7" height in the rear between top of intake to underside of hood w/ 1/2" clearance. the adapter dad is notching out, puts the throttle body in the vertical position.

so much fun to do a little something!!

10. I don't think I could ever tell a man like you something about life you don't already know. Way to keep at it, you're the real deal man. Hats off.

11. odins701

odins701

Thanks man! you know its weird how i can adapt some things but some of the simplest takes longer, like i still cant wipe, dang finger keeps going through...:D:D oops did i say to much? bahahaha! I have a bidet at home and i plan my outings. :D

12. If you've got a sense of humor about it, you pretty much have it beat.:D

13. ClintsToys

ClintsToys

Lol, you sir are pure inspiration! Great to see you in the garage.

14. odins701

odins701

I'm completely off of all medications.... i dont take anything anymore!

Thanks ClintsToys!

15. You are a hell of a fighter and inspiration. Wishing you the best

16. shadams

shadams

Holy shit dude, what a journey. That was hard to read through without tearing up, thinking about all you went through. Honestly I cringed with each page expecting bad news. I didnt know anything about it until today when someone bumped it, but I am pumped you are kicking so much ass. Keep it up.

17. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Good to see someone kickin life's ass instead of the other way around, Congrates to you and your family on your recovery Tim Jones

18. odins701

odins701

Thanks shadams and dragsled.

i'm sending thank you's via private message so as not to blow this up. it only lets me send 1 per minute but i want to thank you all each personally!

19. It's good to see you up and about. Glad to hear you could get off the pain meds.

20. belair

belair

Not all heros wear capes. You are an inspiration. God bless you.

21. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Congratulations on your recovery! You obviously are a fighter. Thank you for letting us know that you are better. :) :) :)

22. awesome job dude... keep up the good fight and dont sweat the little stuff. Recovery is always frustrating but you are a fighter and I know you will overcome!!!

23. prayers sent. good luck with a quick recovery, 0dins 701

24. odins701

odins701

Anybody here from 5756r lately? I'm trying to reach him and thank him for all his efforts, plus i'm anxious to see the custom art you guys created for me.

25. odins701

odins701

the is the 1st of several procedures to restore function in both hands. its graphic and not for those who are weak to the site of blood and such. http://youtu.be/iOcZpQ6V0d4

26. odins701

odins701

Graphic, discretion is recomended<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iOcZpQ6V0d4?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

27. Brother- All I can say is that I wish you the best....:)

28. odins701

odins701

Thanks Man, it will all be worth it if I can finish my car! ;)

29. In my most humblest opinion- I would bet everything I have that your car will be finnished! And you will be the one doing it.
    Heal up,take it slow,do what you love,and enjoy!
    Pullin for ya! The journey,although a VERY shitty one has occured, when that shit eatin' grin hit's your face first time out, I think you'll be just fine.
    Watchin from the left coast......:)

30. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Wow! Great to hear from you Cliff.

Keep your chin up and keep on keepin' on. We are all pulling for you.

Is there a link to the caring bridge site I missed?