Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwestern PA get together?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2loud2old, Jun 16, 2012.

1. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Anybody up for a Sat. morning get together somewhere in SW PA? I was thinking of somewhere like the Eat'n Park in Mon City for a start. (We can rotate to different places.) We used to hang out there and cruise to South Park, Large, Whitehall,The Dog House, Tall Tom's,The Chuck Wagon, Johnnie's, up on the mountain to The Lone Star, etc. Most of these places are long gone now. The local "cruises" seem to be attracting a lot of newer cars and Harleys. Not that I don't like seeing 2012 Camaros, Mustangs and Corvettes I don't think that they belong at an old car event. I just want to see if there is any interest in an old car get together. Coffee and doughnuts and a group of guys that like old cars.

2. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

I'd be interested. Lone Star is still going. Remember the "Saturday Night Drags" on Rt 40? Where you located? My wife grew up in Woody Brougher's backyard in Lincoln Place. Keep us posted. Thanks.

3. 2loud2old

2loud2old

The Lone Star drags were legendary. We would leave Mon City Eat'n Park about 10 10:30 pick up some guys from the DogHouse in BelleVernon then drive up 51 to 40 up over the summit, get there after midnight. The Lone Star would still be jumpin , girls walking around cars. There was that guy with the "green monster" 401 Ford that was really fast! I remember a time when someone said something like I'll beat anything you can bring up here. The guy went home hitched his trailer and showed up with a dragster! Hope that we can get something going. I go to CA often they get 25-30 Quality cars at 8-9 AM, serious car guys.

4. 1953bel-air

1953bel-air

Count me in too.

5. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

The Green Monster was owned and driven by Wayne Hager. Later he had a big block wedge MOPAR, ran the same GREEN MONSTER name. Today, Wayne operates an antique store a few miles from the Lone Star. Many Sat nights we went to Keystone Dragway or Eldora-Fairmont Dragway and tried to hit the Lone Star Restaurant before retiring for the night/morning. Great times for sure.

6. I'm In Uniontown and would be in for something some day. The Chuck Wagon is still open as well.

7. d-rod!

d-rod!

i would be into this, when do we start?

8. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i'm in Guntown and i'd like to meet up with some local HAMBers

9. steelcityolds

steelcityolds
    from pittsburgh

Count me in too! Great idea.

10. 383 240z

383 240z

Crap I gotta work. Keep me in the loop if you guys decide to do another one. I head down to that area all the time, my wifes family is there. Keith

11. How about we start a HAMB group for Pittsburgh area rodders?

12. D-Rod ... have seen your coupe at some shows before, one of my all-time favorite A's!

13. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Well, Is it going to be Mon City Eat & Park June30th 8:30pm.?

Lets try to get something going.
    My club VIN- TIN of WPA some times sponsors the Quaker Steak & Lube. I will keep this post informed about the next one.

Aog

14. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Get together Quaker Steak & Lube Aug. 11, 2012

15. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Whitehall Pa. just south of Pgh.

Ago

16. Rustic

Rustic

YOU CAN ALWAYS COUNT ME IN. :eek:

17. Flop

Flop

where is mon city eat and park?

18. d-rod!

d-rod!

hey travj31, thanks alot looking forward to meeting you guys, i will try to get my club, Sacred Pistons, to come with me

19. steelcityolds

steelcityolds
    from pittsburgh

I'm coming down from Glenshaw, PA. Located near the North Hills area.
    I'm in @ Sat June 30th, 8:30 AM

Ago...Which Quaker Steak and Lube?

20. This is a 830 AM meet/cruise, right? Someone posted above pm... just clarifying. Also... our better halves invited too or just the guys?

21. Guys... I went ahead and created a social group "Pittsburgh Area Rodders" here on the HAMB. Join up... it will be a good place to keep everyone up to date on what's going on in our neck of the woods.

22. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

The Quaker Steak & Lube at RT. 51 Pleasant hills or next to Century III mall. Sat. Aug. 11,2012 evening.

Ago

23. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

My mistake 8:30 Am, Mon city.

Ago

24. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Way to go 2loud2old , I started mine about 8 months ago which you know because you came out to sunny San Jose Ca. and stopped in . well next month right after my morning get together Home Depot has asked me to get cars together for a car show. So it looks like it's going to be a good turn out. I started out with about 5 cars and now I get 50 to 60 cars each month.. I wish you well and post the hell out of it so they don't forget. and all you guys out that way I hope you help support the get together because without your help it won't stay alive.......

25. flypa38

flypa38

Wish I still lived up there instead of crappy VA Beach. Id be there.......

26. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

A Good Morning Bump

27. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Here is a Sunday Bump for you

28. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Come on people give the man some respect he is trying to get a get together started help him out give him some feed back....At least he is trying to get something going, back up your fellow H.A.M.B.er I thought thats what we are all about......

29. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Bump Bump nice pictures Jeff K hope that you bring a camera Sat. AM

30. 2loud2old

2loud2old

I'll bring the doughnuts! I plan to drive to Valdiserri's bakery in North BelleVernon about 7:30 then to the Eat'n Park and get a coffee. Coffee and doughnuts, breakfast of champions! I spoke with lots of guys and many like the idea but for some reason can't make it that Sat. (work, daughter getting married, son getting married,etc.) If you can't make it ,but like the idea post something and let us know that you are out there! Sam