Register now to get rid of these ads!

L.A. Roadster Show Saturday 6-16-12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CW's40TPU, Jun 17, 2012.

1. CW's40TPU -

That's Dave (Butcher Boy) Schaub's "49in7" Deuce Roadster ... his journey was chronicled right here on the H.A.M.B. ... Just click the thumbnail to view the "Butcher Boy's Charity Drive: 49 States In 7 Days, 14 Hours, 20 Mins, 49 Secs !!!" thread:

49in7 @ Hyder thumb.jpg

2. Craig great pics I wish i could have seen you. Happy Fathers Day

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Great coverage, thanks for sharing from all of us that can never seem to make the trek out there.

Frank

4. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

awesome show,amazing rides everywhere.thanks for the photos

5. OK.....lets try this again.....I have a few more to post.

Attached Files:

6. More.....

Attached Files:

7. OK Palle... this one really turned me on, everything about it was AWESOME!!

Attached Files:

8. Details, details, details!

Attached Files:

9. This is the last photo post, the best for last.
    This small tether car was hand made by the late "Jocko" Johnson, the engine is a very rare 1941Cyclone, a blown Cyclone engine, Jocko made the blower! He even made a small English wheel to form the tail and body pieces, checkout the detail on this awesome little car. I was told it's for sale.....$8,500.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  10. More of Jocko's little Sprinter.

Attached Files:

11. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Thanks for posting these pics...my old friend Tom is lookin' good and what a great job HRCS is doing on the "flamed" Forty! Talked with Jack Chisenhall at the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, Ky. last Thursday and he said the rebuild is going great....Joe

12. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Thanks Craig..fantastic roadster. . and I love those Excelsior tires.

-Palle

13. Hey pal! How come you didn't call me? I was there all weekend. I looked for you,but never saw you. You should have come to Walden's shop on Friday. You could have seen all those cars running...

That tether car is INSANE!!!!!

14. I've always liked Cal Tanakas(sp?) 34

[​IMG]

15. 49 in 7 car. ( google 49 in 7 ) my wife and I are 3rd from the bottom louver on your hood pic.

16. I've been in love with that car for years,but never cared for the flames on the roof. Don't get me wrong! I'd take it in a hot minute!!!! haha

17. I'll never forget seeing the same beach towel on the seats, just as it was in the magazine spread it was in, years ago! I thought that was so cool.

18. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Nice selection of picts! That Johnson Hot Rod shop car is unreal!!

19. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

This is a car I just finished for a friend. Its an awesome car. Frame was from Pinkies and I built everything else. Hidden efi, etc. Thanks for posting pics.

20. barebones32

barebones32

Tom was a real trooper for two solid days. He came in at 6:30 am on Saturday and signed stuff 'till they kicked us out at 4:30 pm. Then he did the same on Sunday from 8 till 4. He even wanted to help push the coupe into the trailer at pack up time on Sunday afternoon.
    He met a lot of old friends and made some new ones over the weekend. Just some of the old guard that stopped by included: Ed Iskenderian, Blackie Gejeian, Jack Stewart, Jerry Kugel, Darryl Mayab, Bob McCoy, Nick Arias, Tom Sewell, and a host of others.
    It was a joy to watch.

21. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YEP!--Thats the "Butcher Boy's" from the Bay area, he managed to travel many states in a short period collecting funds for a charity 2 years ago.

22. THANKS everyone for your nice comments. I like to share these events with those who can't make it and with those that made the effort to be there.

Bad Bob...I didn't get out to swapmeet area till 3:30, I looked for the HAMB banner but couldn't find it? Sorry I missed the cookies & donuts and all the LADIES!!!

Sorry for the graineee photos, not sure what happened there, I guess I need to read the instructions again???

23. This could be brittish fenders for a 1934 model 18: It was the same body, as the 32 model 18, so to give it a facelift, they changed the frontfenders and chromed the grillshell.
    Thanks for the pictures by the way

Lars

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  24. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Great pictures! Thank You!

25. shiftervic

shiftervic
    from So. Cal.

Thank's for the photo's

26. uncle buck

uncle buck

That beautiful Doane Spencer clone is also a HAMBers. Both it and the Alan Johnson are perfect

27. jmikee

jmikee
    from washington

thanks uncle buck and thanks for the great photos

28. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Thanks for the shots of Jocko's Tether car.

29. Jeff J

Jeff J

I drove my roadster out from N.C. and met up with a group of guys called the Great Greybeard Adventure ! Almost a 7000 mile run

Attached Files:

30. barebones32

barebones32

I finally got to post all of my pix related to Stroker and all of his visitors, on my Picasa site. You can find it at:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/barebo...12LARoadsterShow?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ3VgYags5uBIw#