Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project "No Buck$ 49"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod 49, Jan 20, 2009.

1. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Im having a ball driving this thing! I changed out the converter to a 2200-2500 rpm because I was hating stop lights with the cam it has in it. While I was at it I took the trans back out and had it reconverted into a lockup to see if I could get a little better mileage. I put a switch under the dash so I can turn it on when I do the freeway thing and it's up in 4th gear. It's like having a 5 speed now and one of the coolest things I could have done!

2. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Wow! Awesome hotrod you built! The interior and pinstriping is KickAss!

3. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Decided that the Leadfoot needed to come off after all the questions about the speed shop in town. Now it's more related fo what I do and it's kinda cool! [​IMG]

enloe, chaddilac and volvobrynk like this.
  4. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

that door came out really good.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Just flat awsome dude!

6. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

The shadows... Damn.. those shadows, I freaking love that, so cool looking!

7. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Now check out tax law with a good accountant regarding how much of the build & operating expense you can write off as advertising expense. I'm quite serious.

8. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Those doors look killer Brad! I may have to bring you my 64 doors and let you do them up....

9. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Nice work Brad!The lettering and stripes look great!
    Haven't forgotten you,still looking where I put those #!!%%^&!!# Chin-uh brushes!

10. bstie

bstie

Looks Great that should kick up business!

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I like the new door art mo-bettuh!

12. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Good look'in signwork my friend . Maybe we'll catch up at LARS.

13. Pictures do not do it justice. You have to see it up close to really get the true effect of the variegated gold leaf. It kicks ass. I love the layout and colors, too.

The dude is back on his game!!!! Just in time to do my truck! :D

14. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Made it to Washington state! Other than a couple little hiccups it [​IMG] was a pretty uneventful trip. 70-75mph the whole trip and bucking a massive headwind, I still got 16.5 miles per gallon! Billetproof in Chahallis this Saturday!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

enloe and volvobrynk like this.
  15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So that would be why you weren't at LARS! What the heck you doin' up there? I used to back the Plym out of the driveway on July 1 and spend all summer up there working until sept 10 or so. I sure miss it.

16. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

I took the wipers off when the wind was blowing so hard it was trying to rip them off the truck!

17. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

My youngest daughter graduated from OSU yesterday!! I figured I was due for the adventure and even brought all my striping stuff!

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Awesome truck. This is the same route that I will be taking with my 1950 GMC, low budget and driveway built. I hope it comes out half as good as yours.

Mine will be more of a mid 50s era shop truck.

I've really enjoyed this thread and its given me some good ideas for my truck, thank you

19. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

alright a full size profile shot at last!

congrats on the ride and the trip.

-W

20. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

This was something I got to work on a couple months ago and probably the coolest thing ever! Was asked by Chip Foose along with 2 other stripers to help in Carsland at Disneyland! [​IMG] Here's myself on the left, Dennis Ricklefs, Jeff Styles, Chip and Carson Lev (Chip's marketing guy) when we first went and did our walk through!

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Brad, small world. My daughter is a senior at OSU.....

22. dude thats awesome you got to meet chip and do some stripe'in at disney

23. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Cant believe i've missed this build! fantastic truck. love all the details, amazing striping, sits right, the works. I think it would have looked great with the chop, but it looks great stock height as well.

24. gsport

gsport

stripers?? dang, i thought we were going to see strippers. lol

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So Brad, your on this bitchin' road trip in your truck... How about some pictures?

26. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Congrats to your daughter ! Have a safe trip home .

27. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

I survived the washout that Billetproof 2012 was! What a rainy mess...Ugh! Was a bunch of fun talking to fellow HAMBers and checking out some of the cool rides even in the lousy weather. Went to the cruise night in Centralia and I must say I'm jealous. Bitchin' downtown with lots of great shops and places serving "adult" beverages! LOTS of great cars and trucks showed up once the weather cleared and even more people showed up to watch. Had the idiots in the imports trying to be cool and race but the "Man" put an end to those morons! I was lucky enough to get a great parking spot across from the Olympic Pub (Awesome place to check out!!) [​IMG] [​IMG] and hung out 'till well after 1 am! The guy having the most fun at the cruise was low buck Corey in his '62 "Short Bus" [​IMG] who was charging $1 a ride and it was packed the entire time! I HAD to go and took the pic when he dropped a group back at the fairgrounds. Great guy who was very creative and made a really cool and REALLY cheap (he has like $700 in the whole thing!) driver that everyone had a ball in! What a fun day!!

28. Roger53

Roger53

This story on your truck has given me a big smile the last couple of mornings. So whats the next low buck ride? KEEP ON TRUCKIN!

29. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Here's a shot cruising on the road trip (notice speedo) waiting for the trucks to get out of the way [​IMG] and another one at a rest stop by Mt. Shasta [​IMG] Was a fun road trip that I'm sure I'll do again! I even got pulled over by the MAN (a CHP) coming off the mountain into Redding! He said he pulled me over because it seemed a bit "loud" as he was following me. I think he just wanted to check it it out because he asked "car guy" questions and was flipping out on the interior! He told me to be careful (NO ticket or even a warning) and I took off and came home with no problems! Fun 2500 mile trip...

enloe likes this.
  30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dude! That's just awsome! Love the pict with Mt. Shasta in the background. There is no better way to travel in this world than a well built forties Hot Rod. I have put down zillions of miles in the Plym, and lots in earlier roadsters and coupes and such, but still I have to say the ergonomics of cars and trucks of that era were the best bar none! Kinda like ridin' the comfiest fast sofa in the world. So glad to see you enjoying your toy!