Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Camp - WOW !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopperman, Jun 11, 2012.

1. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

2. That's cool guys !
    Keep up the good work.
    Hats off to ya.

3. Chopperman: PTL what a great work you guys are involved in! Are the cars in the pics customers cars or are they project cars for re-sell to help fund the ministry? How is it funded? Benefactors maybe? Anyway, its a blessing to see someone doing the stuff and not just talking about it, stick with it. Tim

4. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

May not be the prescribed type of vehicle here but I like em! Great looking cars that you and the guys built! What do they do with them afterwards? I didn't see it mentioned. Putting a piece of old carpet under the assembly area ia a good idea. Makes crawling about on your back, hands ,and knees a bit easier!
    Fantastic idea for kids to get invloved in.
    Thanks for your post and the work you and the other men do for these kids.

Mike

5. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Great thing you all are doing there, there are so many young people, that just need a nudge in the right direction, or someone to give them, the time and knowledge, and show them they are capable, of doing, whatever they can dream of, with an ideal and a little hard work, by using tools and your head.Plus it is great for the teachers involved and the future of hot rodding.If just one kid is changed from this program, then it is a huge success! Thanks to all involved!

6. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

Wow! thats great!!! good luck with it!

7. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Cool, how this was this funded?. I have taught youngsters, it would be fun to do something like this. It would never happen here in the UK too many laws and rules.

David

8. Chopperman

Chopperman

Lots of donations, fundraising, and proceeds from the last build. Many like me, simply donate time. From what I saw it takes a good year of prep to get things in order.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, very cool indeed. The world needs more programs like this and people that care. My hats to you and all the other volunteers.:cool:

10. flathead okie

flathead okie

Like Chad said, just a stone throw from me also. Didn't hear anything about it until I saw a 2 minute film on the local news. Good thing you guys are doing. Seems it needs more media attention.

11. Racrdad

Racrdad

That is really awesome! Props to all who donate their time to help in that program.

12. ryno

ryno

very cool.
    can you post some contact info? im intrested in helping next year.

13. I bet that program changes a few lives! Very cool, thanks for posting.

14. Hat's off to the contributors!!

15. erlomd

erlomd

what an awesome program...wish I could have done that in summer camp instead of the basket weaving and all that bullsh@! talking by the campfire

16. Same here brother, I would love to help out with that also.

17. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

Too cool! :cool: I do a similar thing with a local inner city non-profit bike shop.

18. Now THATS what its all about!!!!