Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone go to the Goodguys show in MA today ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mark, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Mark

Mark
    from CT

Anyone go to Goodguys show today ? this weekend in Springfield MA. Think im heading up tomorrow with a buddy . Any good ?? first year at the big E. supposed to be nice weather

2. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

Im gonna check it out today. I was real disappointed when they moved it from Rhinebeck to the big E. said i wouldn't go to it, but I gotta give it a shot.

3. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

4. Gonna have a look today

5. FivesDaddy

FivesDaddy

I'm going down now...it was a good turn out yesterday...

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

If you're going with the "Gherkin" you'll come home with an award. Here is a photo so everyone knows what it looks like. Have fun! Bob

Attached Files:

7. Verminator

Verminator

Okay, I'll start:
    Bruce pulls out Gherkin in Springfield. Goodguys can't take there eyes off it. Bruce gets "Best Of Show" Bruce drives home with big head......

8. Good crowd yesterday. Especially for a Friday. Very good turn out today! Lots of people and some awesome cars that I have never seen before. Light on the vendors, even the ones that are usually at Rhinebeck were;t there. All in all I think it rocked. Yes I loved Rhinebeck fairgrounds and the ride out, but I think Goodguys did a great job getting this one put together.

My info could be wrong here. But I was told GG signed a three year contract for the event to be held here. Probably wrong, we all know how rumors are.

Personally I liked it.

9. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looked like a good turn out. I got there about 1:00 this afternoon and I was car #1125. The Auto-cross event was/is fun to watch. I was tempted to take the 55 out, but they'd still be resetting all the cones :p .
    Plenty of parking, lots of cars to see, and ran into a number of old friends I had not seen in a while. Look forward to maybe going next year and staying over 1 night,making it a two day deal. It is an expensive day when you spend $55.00 for admission plus $145.00 for gas to drive out and back. :rolleyes: Still fun and that is what its all about. :D

10. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Goodguy Gary hisself was at the L.A. Roadster Show today with his spectacular new Town and Country convert (Viper powered), so not there.

11. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Went on Friday and really enjoyed the show. A lot more cars than I expected for a weekday. Super weather forecast for Sat/Sun so turnout should be high. Nice to have a large show so close to home, hope it turns into a regular event at the Big E.

12. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

thanks guys! but no "gherkin" today. the show was OK. hung with lowdug and autobodyed for a while. it aint Rhinebeck but it was still a good time!

13. Attended Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
    The roads in and out of there SUCKED so bad I thought my '32 roadster was going to drop a trail of parts behind it, especially on route 5 and Central street.
    West Springfield should tear up Riverview Street and begin all over.
    It would be nice if the city fathers allowed some road reconstruction in the next 12 months.
    Aside from that short rant ......it was a great show.
    The grounds are huge and very well kept, the people were great, cars and trucks were astounding and it was great meeting new folks and seeing old friends again.
    Would I return? Definitely!
    Goodguys did a good job providing this show.

Finally the WEATHER cooperated with a North East Goodguys event.
    The weather was car-show perfect.