Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods See the USA...in a Hemi-Powered Model A.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Wow - that's crazy how fast it took!

Didn't ever see you out on the salt Brian, but I checked your car out several times. Outstanding work man!

2. My arms are tired just thinking about it.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Best thread ever.

4. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow, it looked horrible in that first pic. Did you do anything to it, while in Wendover, after you put the Salt Away on it?

5. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Thanks Ryan!

Nope. I don't think it would have mattered if I did...but the last spot I applied Gibbs before I got home was in Pendleton, OR. I applied the Salt-Away to the body in Wendover, and I think it might have helped...it's hard to say.

5000 miles worth of bug guts are pretty hard to get out of a '32 grille insert and radiator. This is after I already cleaned it once with compressed air.

[​IMG]

And do you remember that big raccoon I hit back in Fruita, CO? Evidently I didn't miss him entirely with the front wheel...I shaved his ass a little with it. There's still raccoon fur stuck between the wheel and tire.

[​IMG]

It took me a second to figure out what I was looking at when I saw the hair sticking out between the wheel and tire. Poor little guy. :)

6. oh no...the racoon :(

7. shainerman

shainerman

man, I cant even explain how much this thread has motivated me. This is hands down the best thing I've ever encountered on the HAMB and my day has turned around since reading it. You are an inspiration to me and I want you to personally know, im going home to tune/adjust/fix things on my car that make me weary to drive it more than 4 hours. THANK YOU

8. hechtspeed

hechtspeed

Wow Brian!!! I was wondering if you had done anything to prepare the metal. That's a lot of work, but I think it was worth it for the look it had.

I posted a couple pics on this blog link of your rod. Would be rad if you commented at the bottom to say hello. :)

http://www.motormavens.com/2010/08/coverage-bonneville-salt-flats-speedweek-2010/

Thanks for the truly inspirational hot rod you've built! I can tell by the comments in this thread, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Chris

9. bonesy

bonesy

I love just re-reading this thread!

What will the final color be?

10. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Awesome stuff Bass!

Thanks for the updates and pics of the trip!

HC.

11. '55 Buick Titian Red ... just like the engine block, dash, & rear-end:

Bass Coupe - HEMI.jpg Bass Coupe - Dash.jpg Bass Coupe - Interior.jpg Bass Coupe - Painted Rearend.jpg

12. terry48435

terry48435

Ditto on the wallpaper.............

13. Really dug the story dude. I drove my 32 roadster out this year but it was only 2000+ miles. But I know just what you were thinking on the whole trip. What a blast.I went with the Bones bunch. Great bunch of guys.
    383Deuce

14. chickenshift

chickenshift

I cant wait to see your car in that color, gonna look killer!!

15. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

Brian, Thank You for the props.... You Are Welcome. I glad the trip went smooth and the Hemi did great. What a fuckin adventure!!!

16. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

Yeah, I have to agree!!:D

17. RuggedDude

RuggedDude
    from Waco, TX

I really dig your car Brian. I had fun out there on the salt. I'm ready to go again.

18. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Next time you need to set up a time lapse camera.. just like this

19. James Rod

James Rod

This road trip is soooo awesome, thanks for sharing and letting the rest of us participate through your words and photos. AWESOME!!! :cool:

20. clubedopuma

clubedopuma

You certainly are a inspiration for many guys who like cars!
    Nice photos !!

21. monster

monster

Loss if words in a possative way.

22. CollegeKid

CollegeKid
    from Minnesota

Hopefully I'll do this someday.

23. Tommy R

Tommy R

Brian,

First of all, it was great to finally meet you at the Round Up. Of course, the car looked absolutely bitchin' as always! I told you at the Round Up, but I'll tell you again.....thanks for documenting your hot rodding experiences for us. It takes time and effort to do it, but I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we really appreciate it!

My apologies if I missed it in this thread, but do you have any high res photos of your trip available for download? My computer screen could use some inspirational wallpaper!! :)

Thanks a lot for documenting this incredible trip and I look forward to "riding along" on your next one....

Tommy

24. boutlaw

boutlaw

You're doing what hot rods are built to do, see this USA....great thread, outstanding car......thanks for posting.

Outlaw

25. 067chevy

067chevy

I think he passed me yesterday in Dallas on US 75 going north.

26. JMel

JMel

Thanks for bumping this 067Chevy!!! I hadn't seen it, and just blew the last hour and a half at work reading it.

Bass - my employer would like to have a word with you for making me waste company time. But it was a hellova read. I'm truly envious.

Hell, I was proud of myself for building a car that could make it from Dallas to Austin and back 2 years in a row...I feel rather small now.

Great read. Hope to meet up with you sometime in the future.

27. mink

mink
    from CT

Where do you end up staying for the night, and do you worry about theft when on trips?

28. 067chevy

067chevy

Hey I come to Dallas all the time and would love to stop by the shop. Yes this is a great thread and I really dig that car. Working on my own 3 model a coupe now.

29. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

i just read this entire thread. what a trip. Fuck the beach or a cruise or any of that crap. THIS is the ultimate vacation. a roadtrip in something you built yourself, across the best country on the fuckin planet. meeting great people, learning new things and having a killer time. i WILL do this at some point in life. bitchin car man. great thread

30. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I seem to recall that maybe Sean did an interior for this car since then? And I'm betting it's been painted by now. I'm sure there's other threads on it but at this point, after you and your car bonded on this thread, a new picture seems appropriate HERE. :)