Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Have scrolled through this amazing thread, everysince a buddy told me about it! I am no where near reaching the 2416th page...But, thought I would throw a few of mine out here. These are all pictures of family and close friends. My plan is to plaster them on the walls of my shop. SHould be more to come.

family hamb.JPEG

family hamb (1).jpg

family hamb (3).jpg

family hamb (2).jpg

family hamb (6).jpg

family hamb (7).jpg

family hamb (8).jpg

family hamb (9).JPEG

View attachment 1665228

family hamb (11).JPEG

family hamb (12).jpg

2. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

You guys are great. But could that be a '50 Ford. Looks like it might have the shield in the center of the hood.

3. to me it seems to be a 36 chevy coupe

4. Rent A. Trip

Rent A. Trip

1942 Saludos Amigos - Walt Disney Film - at the Globe Theater in Times Square New York....
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]

5. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Wow, a B400 '32.

6. swi66

swi66

7. swi66

swi66

8. swi66

swi66

9. swi66

swi66

10. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

I can't see it well enough to tell. I was basing my guess on the parking lights and grille end.

11. starwalker

starwalker

With my Father's passing last month, I have been busy scanning all of his and my Mom's pictures into my computer and onto on-line storage. Most of them will not make it onto this thread as they are just interesting to family members, and not good quality. For the most part, those I will be posting as I sort through them, will be those that either show the lifestyle of "back then" in northern Oklahoma and southern Kansas or vehicles of "back then." I'll start with this picture of a Kansas baptism from Bethel Assembly of God (now Bethel Life Center) in Wichita.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Looks like a Bandini, is it? [​IMG]

13. starwalker

starwalker

My parent's wedding picture in 1947
    [​IMG]

14. starwalker

starwalker

[​IMG]
    My Mom and her brother walking down the street in what I assume is either Enid or Oklahoma City. Her brother is still alive, close to 90 years old now.

15. starwalker

starwalker

[​IMG]

That same uncle with his (I think) future bride. Somebody will have to identify the vehicles, I'm not that good with them back then.

16. starwalker

starwalker

[​IMG]

Same uncle a couple of years later, this is their wedding day. 1939 Oklahoma tags, but I'm not sure what the vehicles are.

17. swi66

swi66

I beleive it is a Bandini
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1952 Grand Island NY Grand Prix

18. starwalker

starwalker

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A number of shots of my Mom and cars. The bottom ones are the reason she didn't marry until she was 32. This was her boyfriend who died of a heart attack not long after these pictures were taken.

19. twin6

twin6
    from Vermont

Early '29 model A Ford sport coupe. You can barely see the upper end of the landau bar to the left of uncle's neck, and the rear window fabric surround looks like it's fitted with a zipper. The taillight is a '28 carryover into early '29 (Henry loved to use up old parts). The sport coupe was not produced in '28 so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

20. Great what you are doing, i feel sorry for your dad passed.. to share these pics with us is a window not only to your past, the following pictures are reflecting a time that only existed once! and this thread isn't car related at all, you almost can read feeling, stories or even pain in the most of faces which are shown here. Thank you a lot for that! and for my Dad is still strong and healthy at 77 i'm grateful for each day we are talking!

Well done, friend.

Carsten

21. starwalker

starwalker

Thanks Carsten. My Dad was 91, a WWII veteran, and died healthy except his body finally gave up. My brother and I were both there along with my wife. He said good night to us about 11:30 PM and died sometime during the night in his sleep. He made sure we were in church, made sure we knew enough about being a mechanic that we wouldn't get ripped off, helped us get started in Scouting, drove his Lincoln Town Car until a few months ago, and had a good reputation wherever he went.

22. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

Sorry to stray off topic but in 1928 Ford produced 79,099 Sport Coupes. I own one of them....

[​IMG]

23. twin6

twin6
    from Vermont

Thanks Sylvian, the pie (humble) was tasty. Should have grabbed one of the dusty Ford books first, and spared us that hasty and erroneous post! I'm a business coupe owner (54A), and know those better but that's no excuse. The HAMB's great for setting the record straight once someone strays...

24. twin6

twin6
    from Vermont

"Now hear this..."

Attached Files:

25. sound like he enjoyed the life which was given to him and really made the best of it! nice to know that you, wife, brother and companions are on earth! on my next time in my hometown church i'll send up some greetings up to him, be sure! i'm glad you joined him till there!

now i'm thinkin' 'bout my hometown, in April 1945, a young P51-pilot, David McKenzie (his Mustang was named "princess pat")

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

was accidentially shot down by a mission-returning B17. he hit the ground just about half a mile from my actual house.. it's a swamp area, so he survived the heavy crash. in 2009 some wreck diggers found out by a warbird discussion board that he's still alivea and sent some remains to the now 89 year old David McKenzie in his retirement home in Boston, MA.. wow!

26. 11E

11E
    from USA

Is the tail number a bit of artistic guess? It indicates a '41 build (no P-51's then) and records indicate that was part of a block of A-20 Havoc variants (O-53 Heavy Observation version) from 41-3670 to 41-5158 that were never actually built due to a cancelled contract. Just wonderin'.

27. think you're right, i just googled for a P-51 named 'princess pat', didn't look for the historical correctness of this shot! but now we're talking i will do research for better details or some pictures, it sure was a P-51D..

thanks,

Carsten

28. 11E, now i got it:

[​IMG]

Capt. Philip E Petitt, New York NY, 503rd Fighter Squadron. P-51D 44-11325 D7-K "Princess Pat". Previously coded D7-W. This a/c was lost to “friendly fire” from a B-17 during the mission of 7 April 1945. Lt. David A MacKenzie, Medford MA, was the unfortunate pilot forced to spend about a month as a POW by the Big Friend.

the 'friendly fire' let this beauty come down just a ten minutes walk from me and there is to be told some remains just an inch below the grass...

29. 11E

11E
    from USA

Bingo!

"44-11325 (339th FG, 503rd FS) lost Apr 7, 1945. MACR 13953"

http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_serials/1944_1.html

It's always nice to have the "real picture", historically. Wasn't trying to sharpshoot, but the "41" prefix caught my attention.
    </pre>

30. hudson48

hudson48

Parked in your lounge room?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.