Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Gearhead's Guide to Cars Land...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

great job!! hope I can check it out one day

3. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

I just heard about this park a few months ago . I will have to plan a trip with my grandson soon. Great job and look forward to seeing it.

4. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

Sounds like a fun trip.

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would love to see it if I'm ever in CA again, but I don't like crowds.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Our local news team has been broadcasting all day yesterday from there. Judy saw it and has decided she wants to go for her 42 birthday next month... How cool is that?!

7. DoubleJ52

DoubleJ52
    from Belton, MO

A good excuse to go to California!

8. flamingokid

flamingokid

The first time in 30 years that I actually want to go to a theme park.This is a must see!

9. This is so cool! I have a reason to go to Disneyland after all these years. :D Some of the details you pointed out are very interesting, I like the firing order at Flo's, same as a Y-Block. ;)

10. SWEET! I wish I was closer so I could check it all out.

11. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Sounds like it is time to head west again!

12. 1320/150

1320/150

My wife,and I go to Disneyland every year for her birthday (dec. 5th). I haven't anticipated something this cool at Disneyland EVER!!! As a child Disneyland was all about the rides,and the thrill. Now that I am older I look forward to the architecture, those Imagineers are amazing!!!! I was a sub-contractor in a house built here in Seattle a couple years ago. The big wig that owned the home hired some of Disneylands Imagineers to design his home (mansion).The detail was simply breathtaking!!!!

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very very cool, Jay... Nice work and Congrats!

Malcolm

14. We already have a trip to Disneyworld planned in a couple of weeks. Maybe next year.

15. truckjim

truckjim

Then you REALLY won't like Disneyland or being anywhere in the area. Was at the convention center next to Disney a while back and everything was packed. Even Dennys!!

16. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

cool, looks like they got the right person for the job. I think between the cars land and buenavista street and the entrance redo that California Adventure is finally headed in the right direction. Can't wait to go check it out, big Disney fan.

17. ya ya ya good glad your busy but is the merc done geez ")

18. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Next year is our 5th anniversary and we are planning on going to Disneyland. It is where we went for our honeymoon. Cars Land sealed the deal that we are going.

19. goetzcr

goetzcr

I watched Cars with my kids the other day and was wondering if the spark plugs at Flo's were firing in any particular order! Thanks for the tidbit. BTW I'd never seen it on Blu-ray before; what an awesome looking movie, especially the opening sequence and the scene where all of the neon lights get turned on in Radiator Springs. My wife has been buggin' me to take the kids to Disney World. I may re-direct the trip to DisneyLAND now.

20. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I'm gonna take my two and four year olds there in the spring. Something me and the kids are all excited for!

21. goetzcr

goetzcr

You may have to break in at night to go to any Disney park with no crowds.;)

22. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I seen a post somewhere else the other day about this. It looks really nice and just like the movie!! Definitely gonna have to go check it out some day. Lots of work involved!! It'll be the biggest hit they have ever done I'm sure. Nice post. Thanks for the info..

23. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Must be very cool indeed ! Haven't had the chance to get my old stomping grounds in CA. or Disneyland for a long time...but this just gave me the incentive to "get 'er done !"

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

24. Dogfacesmitty

Dogfacesmitty

Awesome work, Jay! What a dream job! The family and I hope to head down there later this year.

25. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Yeah... If you don't like crowds, check out a Cars Land entrance shot taken this morning on opening day:
    OUCH. :eek:

Attached Files:

26. [​IMG]

Jive-Bomber Jay -

Don't know if you've already seen it ... but fellow HAMBer (& Disneyland FANATIC) vividlyvintage started a thread entitled Disney's California Adventure CARS LAND Opening June 15 over a month ago ... and some really cool (HAMB-friendly) stuff was revealed about CARS LAND!

I assume you had something to do with some of the Hot Rodder talent that contributed to the buildings, rides, & merchandise in CARS LAND? ... i.e., Chip Foose, Keith (weez) Weesner, Crazy Al Evans, Max Grundy, Dennis Ricklefs, Jeff Styles, Brad (hotrod 49) King, Dennis (59BuickWagon) O'Brien, etc.

27. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

^ wow!
    I'll try to wait as long as possible to let the crowds die down before I make a visit. The detail is amazing. I especially like the V8 Cafe detailing.

28. weez

weez

Lisa Bergman, who is the merch guru at Disneyland, just happens to be a gearhead, and knew about Max and I, etc. already, it was coincidence that I already knew Jive-Bomber!

Anyway, I'm gonna be out there tomorrow with Max and Al Evans signing the new prints, don't know if I'll get to go on the new ride, I may wait a few months and go on a rainy Wednesday morning, haha-

29. We were going to take the kids to the new Disney in Hong Kong as US Customs and Immigration is not a pleasant experience these days - but this might make it worth enduring.

30. we went wednesday nite for the grand opening ceremonies. just before 8:45 the fireworks went off and the confetti exploded at the main entrance, and then, just like in the movie, all of main street lit up. it was pretty magical. oh, and by the way, the sound track is pretty awesome too

as a pass holder, i'm not camping out (people were camped since 3pm yesterday) or lining up at 4:30 in the morning, for anything, but we are going late tonite (just to say we were there on opening day) and tomorrow evening. i might try to get there in the afternoon to have my prints signed, but if not i'll get 'em signed in pomona next year...

if you are a passholder, go to the disney AP site. there is a signup to get early entry into the park (7AM) we're going on the 7th of july, not sure how many dates are left.