Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 48-54 Chevy/GMC trucks! lets see em ALL!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jun 19, 2006.

1. CARRILLO

CARRILLO
    from SO CAL

suede palace.jpg at the suede place

2. CARRILLO

CARRILLO
    from SO CAL

DSC03795.JPG last year at the hippy killer hoedown

3. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

4. CARRILLO

CARRILLO
    from SO CAL

there the same truck'just a year later.

5. Mine is just a work truck. it's not that low but with a massive wrap around 52 DeSoto bumper looks good coming at you. I'm not a fan (not that anythings wrong with it) of artificial coolness like bags and hydraulics

I'm at a cross road in my mind. I have a 55 Cadillac 331 with 58 El Dorado tri-power. hooked to a truck granny geared 4 speed. it is a very good 4 speed tight and shifts like butter, but..... I also have a rebuilt 12 volt GM 3 speed OD that would not only be fun but increase miliage and cruising speed.

I'm 6 years into this 6 month project. to put the OD in I'd have to Install a new cross member (no Problem) change the drive shaft and replace the 3.0 gears in the narrowed nine inch rear end. plus I need a floor shifter

I've all ready spent over $1900 on this project, counting the price of the truck. Just not sure how much more I want to throw at this money pit!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  6. onetruth1130

onetruth1130

my 1950 3100. just made my own wide whitewalls out of thin whitewals as you can see on the pic, by grinding the black rubber off the sidewall and making it look nice and pretty how it is now! lovely

Attached Files:

7. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Heres mine

Attached Files:

8. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Our 48 with a 54 grill. Bought it a couple of months back with a 250 cube 6 and Toyota 5 speed. and Jag suspension front and rear.

Is about to get a 350/700R4 so I can use it to tow my blown bucket to the drags, and Redneck has been going thru it and sorting a lot of little things that will otherwise piss me off big time.

Would be nice to be a couple of inches lower but our city had the earthquake from hell last year (185 dead & $30b of damage) plus about 10,000 aftershocks - unheard of anywhere else in the world - and a lot of the roads are completely stuffed now. :(:(

So the truck height had to be set at "practical" rather than "desirable". And it will get some shiny paint one day.ts not like the world needs another satin black 48 Chev truck, but thats how it came.

Attached Files:

9. bamabob

bamabob

Here is one more being brought back to life. I did a mild 2" chop. Cadillac 500 engine fits good with the 5" firewall recess. Sits on a stretched Explorer frame. Not traditional but this truck was one week away from going to the scrapper. Got to get some points for that.

Attached Files:

10. cackle

cackle
    from texas

S10 frame 9 in rear, ac...
    [​IMG]

11. blubomber

blubomber

Haven't figured how to post photos but here is a link to a video of my 49 Chevy. Its basically stock except for a 235". The tires are new 650-16 bias-ply and i love them like I love the small cap and ring treatment on the wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEjsy5CUdDo&feature=relmfu

12. TruckBizz

TruckBizz

Here's my 53. Really nice rides out there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
    little red 50 likes this.
  13. TruckBizz

TruckBizz

14. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

A few more pikkys of our truck. When we bought it, it went to a mate to sort out a bunch of small problems and fit up a SBC so it could become my daily driver.

It nearly done now & I fly north next week to collect it.:):):)

Attached Files:

15. oldman2

oldman2

Truck Bizz --- Sweet Ride.
    GasserTodd--- Nice 3 window
    Both of you enjoy yours rides.....Jim

16. TruckBizz

TruckBizz

Thank you oldman, having a blast with my GMC. Its actually my daily driver

17. oldman2

oldman2

That's even better, keep the shiney side up....Jim

18. Count Scrapula

Count Scrapula
    from Mid TN

Anybody know who owns this truck. I'd really like to find out the wheel and tire sizes. This is the look I'm goin' for on the '50 we're buildin' now. We're goin' to Coker tomorrow to look at tires I'd sure like to know what I'm lookin' for beforehand. Any help would be appreciated.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

19. daddio211

daddio211

His number's right on the door, give him a call! :D

20. Count Scrapula

Count Scrapula
    from Mid TN

I don't think that's gonna work. Surely somebody knows who owns this truck. Anybody???

21. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Current pic of mine

Attached Files:

22. I started with this thread 6-20-2006. I'm over 6 years into a projected 6 month project. better late than never!! sitting behind this 54 GMC is a 48 Ford 3 window coupe started 19 years ago. so I'm really cooking on this one eh!! time for an update

I have chopped, channeled, sectioned, and extended the cab. running a 1955 331 ci Cadillac with 58 Eldorado tri-power. and 9 inch ford rear that I narrowed 10 inches
    I had had a truck grannie geared 4 speed til a couple weeks ago. just swapped out to a 57 pasenger car 3 speed with Over Drive. couldn't find a floor shift to work with the trans so I built one from old parts.. building the shifter took only a couple hours. making it work in my truck took 5 tries. and it is still close to making a 6th try.

I have 1949-54 chev (1953-1962 corvette) front suspension, with vette springs, sway bar, disc brakes. CCP power brake unit
    The power brake booster turned out wanting to share the same space as my newly installed shifter. I moved it forward, backward, up, down til I had clearance. now I get under the truck and the speedo cable is going to be close to the shift rods. its all tight but looks like it might work

Attached Files:

23. I have the cab back on the chassis for the last time. and any other change wil have to wait til after it is on the road ( I hope)

Attached Files:

24. D-man313

D-man313

All back together.

Attached Files:

25. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Or if I get her name...............adding it to my garage. :D

26. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

No way dude! You have PLENTY of them. :D I do get first dibs when/if she decides to sell.

Later, Bill

27. justnicholas

justnicholas

Here is Lizzy! She is up for sale so I can start my next project but I love driving her around town.

Attached Files:

28. Anarchy

Anarchy
    from Idaho

Here is a picture of my 54 w/ new wide whites.

Attached Files:

29. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Got enough flex in those fuel lines? I do see that you have an inch and a half of rubber on each end. Keep up the good work, love the Caddy engine in there.

Regards,

Cosmo

30. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Keep the tanker, slam it down and make the tank into a party house on wheels.