Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I am sure plenty others will comment on the hack job so I will refrain from piling on.

My two cents for you is that I have been in similar position as you on something that goes bad and I hope that for some odd reason it will fix itself. Does not happen for me unlessl I do it myself or take it to someone that knows how to do it right.

Cut your losses now and write it off as education. The education isn't as expensive if I learn from it and remember not to get myself into that postion again. ;)

2. ryno

ryno

3. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

mustang 2 and air ride are not the best combination. There simply isn't enough travel in a M2 setup, and you are typically constrained to 6" bag which limits your ride height to normally being at around 110+psi which is too much. I wouldn't suggest a M2 clip for air suspension use. I would get a 88-98 2WD chevy C1500 clip, or redo your existing stuff at a legit shop.

I wouldn't say they farmed out the rear to a different shop, because it looks mediocre at best... Over notched... bag doesn't appear to be fully compressed at laid out height. Not to mention that he left a few chunks out of the notch at first. Crappy mig welded bungs. Same style, just not as easy to mess up. I did the same work at 17 on a mini truck.

I sure hope he isn't representing severed ties with this work.

4. Looks like they just blew a little rattle can on it. Ha Ha. Wow.

5. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Post #143 is the original work right? I think this is confusing some ... I cant see the welds in the new pics but I look forward to seeing the updates!

6. jhutch713

jhutch713

Hey brother I feel your pain, there's nothing more aggervating than being mixed up in manure like this, I'm sorry that you even have to deal with it at all, hope it turns out well for you. The BBB needs to be notified either way, thats fraudulent and neglegent. Good luck

7. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

what shocks me the most is that bag angle. Its not like they didn't have the room to correct that. I can't get over it. Is the rear bad?
    Anyway, I know what it feels like when you post something on the internet that you assume is totally fine, only to have 8 pages of people hating on it. So you have my sympathy.
    The real reason I was going to post was to tell you I like your truck A LOT. Love that year, and yours has perfect patina and look. Get it rollin again, but safer!
    keep it up!

8. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

Hate to add fuel to the fire, but your tie rods shouldn't have to sweep back to meet the spindle. It should be straight as an arrow. Sorry.

9. Blake84

Blake84

Yes I edited 143 that is definitely the old set up...I am headed now to get the truck and I'll do video

I know I spoke with one of the members on the phone and he went over everything with me. I'm getting truck and cutting losses like everyone says and I'll have it redone when it fits back into my budget in the near future. Definitely a learning experience. I APPRICIATE everyone on here.

10. ronotron

ronotron

So it appears the next lot of info Blake needs is what does he have to do to secure himself a refund??? I'm pretty sure the shop in questions isn't just going to hand his $$$$ back if they believe their work is up to standard??

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  11. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

i look forward to see how they made good on their mistakes

12. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Take pictures call BAR and lets hope they shut them down!! I would go vist Starlite Rod & Custom in Torrance they can do this job right and for a good cost compared to other shops..

13. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Try Noble Fabrication up in Ventura too.
    Specializes in that bag chit.
    TP

14. Blake84

Blake84

The one positive thing is that the truck rides WAY WAY WAY smoother than before

The negative and el Polocka mentioned this perfectly on the phone.....the car sways back and fourth the steering is so fucked up.....my knuckles were white and my hand hurts from holding the steering wheel so tight. It threw me in the other lane several times with a mind of its own....and they said they test drove it......probably around the block definitely not on the freeway. Unbelievable

I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO THIS SHOP AND WILL BE POSTING MORE TOMMORROW. I am pissed and heading to the gym to release my anger

I know alot of you told me not to even take it back. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and a chance to correct their mistakes. Which should have NEVER BEEN RELEASEDMFROM THE SHOP INNTHE FIRST PLACE.

photos and videos TOMMORROW to show off my cluster fuck of a front end

I will be speaking my mind to them tonight or when I arrive back from the gym

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

16. fleet-master

fleet-master

from all I've read and seen on here, I'd say you couldn't go wrong taking it to El polacko (Steve) or Alex Gambino. Both stand up guys who'll see you right.
    I look forward to seeing a happy ending,and you get many smiles/mile out of your cool truck Blake.

17. Low57F100

Low57F100

did you pay with a credit card?

18. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

i was pulling for you for things to turn out ok, thats why I do all my own custom work, it pays to learn

19. Low57F100

Low57F100

they had a shot to make it right and prove everyone wrong. all they did is prove what we all knew. hacks!

20. Blake, kinda like we talked about, the bumpsteer and such?

It's all moot now, but you would have been better off with one of the many kits available. Regardless if you do save up the green to have myself or one of the other shops recommended, you will have a good truck you can drive anywhere safely. And that is what truly matters.

21. TruckBizz

TruckBizz

Blake,

Matt Noble in Ventura did my set up and the guy does awesome work! I highly recommend him. Bummer brotha I hope it all works out for you.

22. Blake84

Blake84

Part of its yes

23. blake, sorry to hear youre not happy still. good luck brosky. i could go one for days about that set up, up front but we all know its not rad. good luck and keep us updated. dont get too upset, its all metal and can be fixxed

24. Blake84

Blake84

I sent them a lets say...not so satisfied customer email 5 minutes ago with a paragraph asking for half of my money back and also offered to return any unused parts on new suspension set up. I believe that is more than fair. Otherwise I go the other route and contact my attorney which would cost ALOT more than half when I prove how unsafe and shitty my setup is. Then go over all the time and money I wasted going back and fourth to riverside 1.5 hours each way. Also didn't even mention they messed my brand new reupholstered seat up BAD. I'll post pics of that too. If we go the attorney route I will bring in to back me up two certified educated suspension builders to review their work. But I think the pics and videos will speak for themselves . Not to mention its not even the setup I asked for to begin with.

I'll see how they respond tomorrow but I'm willing to fight this one just for the principal of it. I hate wasting my time and especially my money and feel I was nothing but fair and understanding in giving them a shot to make this right.

25. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

Good for you for being persistant with the shop. You've handled this situation a lot calmer than most. You've got tons of good advice and experts on here to help you get it all straightened out into a great driving truck. Good luck

26. Low57F100

Low57F100

dispute what ever you paid via credit card with the credit card company.

27. Blake, sorry you had such a bad run brother. Hopefully you can get things straightened out one way or the other. Keep your chin up.

28. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

I would go for all of my money back! Sure they did the back too, but look what they did to the front ... who knows what's hidden in the back! And they fucked up your seat! They would be better off paying it all back rather than paying off a law suite!

"i stand by my work 100% and will gladly redo whatever." So Josh are you still standing behind your work?! Give this dude his money back.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  29. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

My 62 sits that low on leafs and a strate axle

30. I just had to go back and look at this picture one more time.

[​IMG]

I had to look at this with a fresh set of eyes to see what is going on here.

We are looking at the driver side with the front end jacked up. The top of the frame rail appears to be going uphill about 3º and what has caught my eye is the spindle. It looks to be leaning forward a degree or so, that means when the truck is level there may be as much as 4º NEGATIVE caster.

No anti-dive

Negative Caster

Rack mounted considerably forward negating any Ackerman

Inner control arm pivot mounts farther apart than ball joint centers

Rack spacers to accommodate the widened track width?

No boxing plates

No obvious support to prevent the frame rails from twisting under load

Suspect welding skill

Very suspect fabrication skill

I also notice that this is a power rack and pinion, is there a pump to drive it?

What is that, 9 strikes against this after it was "corrected"?