Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

we wanna see the undies :D

2. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Yeah, I saw that too. Pretty sure its the same one.

3. Blake84

Blake84

Should be done today or tommorrow. I had them ad another 5 gallon air tank as well. If anyone is in Los Angeles I'll be in the f100 western nationals in Anaheim on June 23. Not sure if anyone else is planning on attending. Here's a link to the show

http://www.f100westernnationals.com/

4. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

We need the upskirt shot.

5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Josh, you have ONE photo of this on your facebook, and no photos are public.
    Looks better now, but Ray Charles would have known that first front end was WRONG.

Shit, I have a friend we will call "Sasquatch" that has a cobbled up front end he built, and it looks safer than yours. and he's no pro nor does he claim to be.

I've build cars and frames, and yes I've had bad days where a bead or 2 dont lay right. But I grind them and put down another before letting anything leave looking like birdshit.

Truely hope the new pics look better, and I applaud you for fixing it but WTF made you let it out of your shop in the first place.

6. Big Nick

Big Nick

I think I would have played this safe and got a refund and took it to someone that knows what they are doing. Its been said before but its one thing to lay a bad bead but to lay multiple and let it leave is a whole nother story. Very poor craftsman ship and even worse business practice. I would still have this inspected by a real chasis shop when you pick it up, its your life and many others on the road that this work can damage!

7. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

Can't wait to see the finished product. This truck is so sweet looking!

8. Low57F100

Low57F100

lol,thats for sure.

9. TruckBizz

TruckBizz

Trucks looking good. Definitely wanna see the fix pics.

10. Yay hamb to the rescue!!!!!! hope it turns out great. thanks for being a man Josh.

11. I was wondering the same thing, looks like the wheel is bent.

12. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Camber looks better for sure. Post them welds up when u get a chance

13. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I'm no professional but that camber still doesn't look right to me. There is a fella on here with a bagged 57 F100. He would be the guy to talk too

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

You would think with that camber, it would be flat out on the ground! I'm no expert and don't claim to be... just stating a question/observance.

15. Blake84

Blake84

I'm not sure but I believe at ride hide which I told them is where I will be cruising it sits straight up and down and then when lowered changes by 2 degrees or so. When slammed

I don't think the center cap is on all the way. They are brand new rims so I know they are straight.

Should be any day now and definitely will

16. Blake84

Blake84

UP SKIRT SHOTS!

I just recieved these few photos from Josh...The upper control arm is re shapped so I have a WAY better turn radius. The bags are no longer at a crazy ass angle.. I cant really see the welds too much to be honest. The shocks are being relocated to make the ride smoother as well.

SOO?????????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. chaddilac

chaddilac

Both lines will rub a hole in them on that frame rail.

I don't understand the offset in the upper control arm??

18. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

sorry for the negative input, but it looks like a butcher job to me, I would get my money back and hope I could fine someone with the skills to fix it.

19. Big Nick

Big Nick

Im no expert on this either, suspensions scare me, but still running those welded tie rod ends dont seem like the right thing to do and just moving things around to get a better turning radius still kinda bothers me. I like the truck and like the way it looks so dont get me wrong, I am just speaking on the side of safety. It would be nice to hear Elpolako give his 2 cents here. We could all learn something!

20. Blake84

Blake84

what should I put around hoses to prevent wear from the frame?

not sure about the offset...i know nothing but i know before I had to 3 point turn into a parking spot so they re shaped the upper arm from this one below

BELOW IS ORIGINAL WORK NOT NEW WORK I AM SHOWING OLD CONTROL ARM VS NEW

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  21. Low57F100

Low57F100

still hack shit!

22. ryno

ryno

well.....
    i don't think it looks that much more safer. i think if i where you, id ask to just get my truck back and be done with teh mini truck fabricator bull shit. i get it. i along with many here,some will not admit it, but got my fab start in the mini truck world. that shit they are doing is sketchy as fuck for any kind of vehicle.

if you asked for a jag frt end and they have it, why was that not installed. they said a mm2 will work better. you do not have a mm2 front end. you have a home made wacky set up.

amazing what people will dump money, on when you have a web site and people with too much money that run your stickers at truck shows. some of the wheels on their web site are worth more then most people rides on this site. scary to think if what some of there suspensions look like.

i don't have the time to post them now, but if you search uni body or my name, you can bring up my 61 uni body build thread with a z'd mm2 front end. no camber, and it lays.

23. slim sammy

slim sammy

Holy crap. someone should go to jail for that shit

24. chaddilac

chaddilac

Seriously.. cut your loses and move on! There are plenty of people on here that can help you out on that frontend, grab that jag frontend on the way outta their shop!

25. Blake84

Blake84

does anyone here in so cal have a shop or garage that could make something out of what I have. Is any of the front salvagable?

26. Big Nick

Big Nick

Honestly Blake I wouldnt use any of that. I would, like I said earlier, get your money back and have someone install a MM2 the correct way and call it a day. The welds on the orignal set up a pure junk, some not even finshed and just a mess, yeah I know not every weld is picture perfect but everyone of those looks like bird shit! Welded up tierod ends scare me on top of the bag angle, I dont know, its just not a safe set up in my eyes. There are plenty of guys on this board that do top notch work, you may have to travel a bit but its worth your life I would think.

Ok so the guy came on here to stand up for his work, good for him, but that is not going to help you on the road when something goes wrong. That is just not good work, the welds, the geometry, the fab, it all looks like junk. I hate to burst your bubble but I think we would all agree we dont want to read about you in the paper.

Go up north, speak to Alex Gambino, or Skoty Chops, guys who stand behind good work! This is down right scary.

27. Me neither, this type of work confuses the hell out of me. All tradition(al) suspension geometry has obviously been thrown out.

The placement of the rack that far forward of the steering arms kills any Ackerman it might have had too, but who am I to judge. It would seem the only goal is aesthetics, not function.

It would make sense to me to raise the suspension farther up on the frame to get the truck to sit lower than to install the high angle spherical ends to get more angle out of the control arms.

But then again, I build stuff to be driven, hard. Not pose for pictures. :cool:

It is impossible to tell from this picture, has the frame rail been boxed?

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

29. Low57F100

Low57F100

i think they farmed out the rear to a different shop. there is no way the front is being done by the same people.

30. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'd suggest you haul it up to San Jose to Gambino's shop and let them do the work, or it'd take the same amount of time to haul it to El Polacko's shop in Phoenix.