Register now to get rid of these ads!

A bit OT - Made in the USA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 12, 2012.

1. -Brent-

-Brent-

I admire this post.

2. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Wow, thats what I was looking for, an over the boarder supporter. I wonder if we'll get a over the supporter?

BROWN - Made in the USA

3. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I wonder if we'll get a over the SEA supporter? I forgot the SEA.

4. I think it's great, anything we can do to support American businesses I'm all for it.

5. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

My hat is off to you!!!

Thanks;

Tom T

6. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I buy american when i can, but if i have a choice of something over seas or something made in north/south America i chose american. At least its on the same continent or a continent attached to my continent. So good on ya.

7. Well said Ryan, one more reason to Support the Jalopy Journal and the HAMB!

8. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

I love it. If we are to ever get this country back on track it is going to be by us merchants and consumers to live and breath Made in USA. At Motorhead Extraordinaire we only sell products that are certified to Made in America standards. If we all bought American it would be the greatest movement since Alice's Restaurant.

"You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them. And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement." Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Restaurant.

We can have our own movement by Buying American.

Joe

9. rld14

rld14

Ryan,

First, you're a Mensch for doing this. I won't get political but I applaud your decision and respect it.

Second, IMO, it also makes good business sense, as I am sure you are well aware this board tends to favor things made in America versus imported items. And that's about as mild as I can get :)

10. Dave50

Dave50

It`s about time more people stand up and help out our own in the USA! I am not against other rcountries either but we have lost 90% at least of our own manufacturing and most people and our kids wont know a lick about how to make or use machinery etc enough from me

GREAT JOB RYAN

11. derbydad276

derbydad276

you have been hangin out with (Joe the plumber) again havent you

Good for you Ryan here is a idea to take things one step further
    nothing against shoping at the corporate stores or over the internet but...

have you stoped to think about you local stores?
    check out the 3/50 project ... its about helping local business
    http://www.the350project.net/home.html

12. 51 Chev Deluxx

51 Chev Deluxx
    from Detroit

In these days it only brings me pride to read a post like this..

13. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

14. Ryan...I've got your back on this one !!

15. SCRIBE35

SCRIBE35
    from California

Pretty hard to fault someone for "supporting America"... especially in an election year.....

The true barometer will be if Americans are willing to pay more for American-made stuff.

So far, that business model hasn't worked..... anywhere.

Hopefully, HAMB is the exception.

16. Chris 50

Chris 50

Always a good call. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

17. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Seriously, "American made" is not the same as "Made in the USA", and a lot of the times is used to confuse the consumer. North America, Central America, and South America are all Americans. Might want to consider a little clarification on that. It's more important now than ever.

Kudo's to Ryan for doing this too.

19. heavytlc

heavytlc

Thank you Ryan. I am sure you know that the market for your wears is willing to pay a little extra for Made In The USA. Most of the shirts are so close that there is no real end cost difference. In my mind it has very little to do with money, it is an Idea, if not an Anthem

There is a difference in how people feel about things they really want, and the things they have to have.

I own a Large fast track Furniture store, and for as much as I care, my customers never will. The difference in cost keeps it out of the reach of the general population. Not the best comparison, mostly based on scale, but it is what I know.

You are a very lucky man to be able to have a customer base, and community that marches to a Different Beat. That or you are just a whole hell of a lot smarter than I am.

Good Job!

20. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

I agree, very nice and easy to support!

21. As a supporter of shopping local ( a bigger city is only 40 minutes away ), but I don't shop there, and buying Canadian whenever possible, I applaud your efforts to sell American. Not enuff of that going around. Pat

22. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Thank you for your decision!

23. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

I applaud your decision. I do not mind paying a little more for "made in the USA" and I do so whenever possible.

24. jaymann

jaymann

good for you. if more people thought that way the whole world would probably be in better shape.
    As for me, I'm Canadian. I buy only Canadian made products like Rye Whiskey, Maple syrup and Igloos

25. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

I think that the move towards American-made products is a great idea and salute you for it."Buy now and avoid future regret!"

You get an "atta boy!"

26. williebill

williebill

Not a big fan of American Apparel shirts.. my bike companies have switched to them,and I don't care for them. I miss ( are they still made?) the old Haynes Beefy T's..
    Glad to see you take this stand,Ryan..

27. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

excellent, thanks!

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Would it make a difference if I told you I paid a U.S. citizen named Ryan Cochran to design and build the Sugar City site so technically it's the circle of life in some weird way.....wait that makes absolutely no sense. I guess it is a slice of good ol' fashioned Spam!

29. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

From someone who lives in the city that made GM in the early days...Thank you.
    From the son of a GM worker of 39 yrs. (right here in Flint, MI)...Thank you.