Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can't wash my 40 anymore (rant)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalman, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalman

metalman

Got to vent here a bit. I just got fined this afternoon 20 bucks for "washing vehicals and/ or equiptment in driveway". Found out our city water company has an ordinace that says you can't wash your own car in your driveway since "dirty" water runs into the gutter and eventually make it to the river, contaminating it. They have their own "water police" patroling looking for violators! They suggest I take my car to a commercial car wash, yeah sure I'll run my 40 thru a car wash! Warned me this was my first violation, do it again and fines could go up to $2000 and a lien on my house if I don't pay it. I really can't believe it.

2. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Neither can I.. is this America? Or Nazi Germany? whats next? :mad:

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

What happens when it rains on a car and that water goes down the drain???

4. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

wow, that really sucks dude.

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Do it in the back yard?

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I would expect California to do that before New Mexico. That's all kinds of messed up.

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

Doesn't the water at the car wash go to the same place??? That absolutely makes no freakin' sense!!!

8. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

Well finally a rant worth while. That sucks, maybe wash your car in your back yard or learn when the water boy makes his rounds. Sorry to hear a guy can't wash his pride and joy at his own house and his money paid for this outrage.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They have that problem in some areas around Seattle now too. Some of the guys who can afford it are putting wash stalls with drains in their garages.

I live out in the middle of a hay field in central Wa and don't have those issues but usually back the car or truck out on the grass on the other side of the driveway to get the lawn watered when I wash the car.

10. Remember this event next time the city government comes up for election and become active to remove people that impose their ideas on others against their will.

11. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

well not to piss on your rant but i understand 100%, Same shit here, now i just go to the open car wash and pay 3-4 dollars no big deal.

12. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

Oh he'll I'm going to wash my car twice right now.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell, in California guys in the bay area get fined for washing sea lion and sea gull shit off the boat dock. Figure that one out.

14. rallisracing

rallisracing

More Big Brother..Next thing is a drone taking pics from 10 ft up....

15. TERPU

TERPU

Wash it after 6:00 at night. By then the Beauracraps should have all gone home.

Tim

16. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Haha , what a joke! We have such dumbshits in places of power, nothing makes since anymore......can you use bottled water?:D

17. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

Hey go to the city yard and see where there drain goes.

18. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

You win.

19. sawzall

sawzall

isn't NM a state where homeowners have to buy "water rights" (i believe I recall this from my in laws BRIEF stay in NM.. )

20. this is going to get locked but i cant believe this shit id wash it after nromal business hours then tell them to prove you did it

dont underestimate the stupidity of government types or ecco freaks

21. PRB

PRB
    from Az

You must have touchy feely Democrats running your city...vote the asshats out.

22. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Nothing surprises me anymore!!

23. 32Auburn

32Auburn
    from Oregon

everyone's' installing oil water separators now, city shops, car washes etc. This is nothing, watch what happens over the next decade re: water issues. I'm on a farm with my own well so don't have to worry but it's the next crisis and they're all going to have their hands in it. There is already areas where you can't water your lawn, low flow shower heads and toilets are required. Big brother's coming! That's my rosy comment for the day.

24. bonesy

bonesy

I got that same damn ticket while living in Albuquerque.

I had just spent +$15k dollars to xeriscape (no water) our front yard too!

The guy gave me a ticket for letting water run down the curb while washing a'35 roadster. I was pissed. After being totally non-reasonable, the guy then wanted to "car talk" with me. He was promptly told to F-off and get out of my driveway.

25. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Id start pissing in the front yard and see if theres an ordinance on that.What pisses me off about what happened to you is ,There combining 2 ordinances This is why I cant park on my lawn Oil can contaminate the ground water.I think that person is new at there job.Id fight it.They cant force you to go to the carwash,I guess you cant water your lawn ,Flowers or powerwash your house either......obamas bastards ,I hate green

26. ewob53

ewob53
    from Minnesota

Wow....that is just ridiculous.

You think someone in your local government has a brother-in-law in the carwash business??

27. Here in NW FL we have a water separating so we can wash our school vehicles
    or they had to be sent to a car wash
    this is only for commercial at this time not residential

28. metalman

metalman

Yeah, I imagine this will get shut down but I still had to rant a bit I'm so pissed.The whole thing is stupid, I'm fined for washing dirt into the river, geez, anyone seen the Rio Grande river, there's more mud then water!
    Sawzall, your right. Developers have to buy water rights to be able to furnish water to the home, they pass the bill off in the purchase price.

29. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

We've had that law for decades in L.A. County but no one really enforces it.

30. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I agree with you .This world is getting to ridiculous ,We the people are losing our freedom.......It just aint right ,This is America isnt it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.