Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1950 Ford Shoebox Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sevenevez, Oct 27, 2010.

1. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Wow it's come along way.. Looking really nice, subtle but hard at the same time. Less is more and you nailed it.

2. daddio211

daddio211

PM me your address. I'll drop in the mail tomorrow.

3. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

thanks man. yours was my inspiration. it would be nice to link up somewhere for a quik lil photoshoot with the twins someday.

4. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

5. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Getting together for a photo shoot would be killer. Would you come on down to San Diego one day?..hey the "twins" I like that . It really is a beautiful shoebox. Let's make this photo shoot happen!

6. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

car is still looking great, just watched the shoebox vid and Baggin on a budget AWESOME

7. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

thanks man!

haha, good sh!t. thanks for checkin the thread!

8. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

hek yea. she is still in the garage in a mess of spaghetti wires. waiting on the first production of DD VHX gauges to come off the assembly line then i can finish the wiring completely and hopefully she will be reliable enough for a run to san diego to meet her sister dressed in red! :)

we should try to get Jessica Emery or someone similar to eye candy the pics up even better!

9. daddio211

daddio211

Goodguys Gazette went out in the mail today. Sorry, didn't get to the mailbox Saturday before noon.

10. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

thanks brother. no rush. i woulda been waiting for eternity if it wasnt for you :)

11. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

quick update. after waiting for a LONG time Dakota Digital have finally released a VHX series gauge for 49-50 (and 1951) shoeboxes. I just ordered mine and that along with wiring should be complete in a week or two and i will finally be back on the road again (fingers crossed). Here is the link to the gauges if anyone is interested.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....tegory_id=671/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd834.htm

They are also making the separate matching Analog clock for our cars too but they wont be available for about 2 months

12. daddio211

daddio211

I don't usually dig this kind of stuff, but that looks awesome! Any link to the clock?... you know, now that I bought an original?

13. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

awesome looking but damn that thing is going to put dent in the wallet.

14. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

they dont release pictures until the product is available.
    this is what they said regarding release of the clock

Dakota Digital: The '51 version is slated to start rollin' through toward the early part of August, the '49 version will extend into September before shipment begins. Monday at 11:48am

its a little pricey but i had 2 years to prepare for the damage. I am not normally a fan of aftermarket gauges especially for a classic. But the vhx do a LOT more than just a moving needle. I will keep yall updated once the car is functioning again :)

15. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Gauges came in today. I was surprised how heavy the box was. Anything heavy and Made in USA is usually quality. From just looking and feeling and what comes with it seems to be a very well made and accompanied setup. Back to the garage!

Heres a couple pictures of the 49-50 Dakota Digital VHX instruments

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Powerwgn

Powerwgn
    from Solvang CA

Just read this whole thread and have to compliment you on your ride. I lean towards the chopped boxes but yours really works with the stock roof. Ive got a 51 sedan waiting as my next project and picked up some good ideas from your build. Never really considered chrome wheels till seeing your pics. Keep up the good work.

17. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

thanks for checkin the thread and I really appreciate the compliments. Have you posted your '51 on the HAMB Shoebox Club thread?

18. Powerwgn

Powerwgn
    from Solvang CA

Just picked it up a couple weeks ago and havent posted anything yet. Bought it from a buddy at work and Im chomping at the bit to start but really need to finish my current truck project first. Trying to gather info and ideas from other peoples builds so I can hit the ground running.

19. frosty49

frosty49

If you are using Mobil 1 20/50 do not use the extended life series. The regular 20w50 has the highest amount of zink for flat cams without adding it. You are doing good with it. COOL RIDE

20. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

thanks. and, i hear ya regarding the oil. but i only use the Castrol Syntec Classic Car/Engine stuff is engineered for older engines - http://www.castrol.com/castrol/genericarticle.do?categoryId=82915470&contentId=7032644

21. daddio211

daddio211

Good to know Frosty, thanks for sharing.

22. Blacklisted

Blacklisted

Got a pic of the back of the speedometer? Are those plastic tabs that hold it in? If so do they seem stout enough? Looking good.

23. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

if those tabs are plastic they are a high grade version of plastic. haha, well, the back of it is basically just a outlet that the cat 5 cable plugs into, which in turn the other end goes into the module you see in the picture. they also sell like 10 different add-on modules ie:Air Bag management etc...

24. Philbilly

Philbilly

That's a great looking gauge! I'm looking forward to seeing it installed!

25. big creep

big creep

sevenevez for what you paid for that you could have had the old one rebuilt and made with vdo gauges. i got lucky and found one for sale here for 300 bucks. i got lucky but had i not found it i would have had the old one rebuilt!

26. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

thanks, its installed but she is not wired up yet

yea, i was going to use "Redline" to redo my gauge and clock etc.. but, there is a lot of things the VHX gauge does aside of just looking cool. you can read air bag pressure, odometer, trip meter, clock, resettable oil change/service meters, 0-60 timer, 1/4 mile speed/timer, high speed and rpm recall, boost, in/outside temp, compass and more.

27. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

sorry i been gone. lost the job, had to sell my truck just to survive. but, Heres a pic of the VHX gauges in the dash (not wired up yet)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

Sorry to hear about the job loss.....hope all works out
    Grommet

29. big creep

big creep

wow thats sucks on losing the job! i hope things workout for you......and whatever you do, dont sell the shoebox!!!!

30. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

it will. somehow. hate to sell any of my baby's

yea, it really does suck. I WONT SELL THE SHOEBOX, i would sell my BMW and probably be on the verge of homeless before i ever thought about gettin rid of the shoe.

If anyone's lookin to buy a slammed full size,
    here she is -

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/3200719384.html