Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. severedjosh

severedjosh
    from california

there isnt an explanation to why the welds came out the way they did. its all on me. witch is the reason i am going to fix it and make it right.

if i wanted to be on the back burner i wouldnt of came on here, created an account, took full responsibility for it and gave my word that i will make it right.

so before bashing does get fully underway let the revised pictures do the talking.

josh

2. Blake84

Blake84

The passenger side is tight only when fully raised and once lowered it centers off. I was told it was because of the Panhard bar and they will adjust it

Thanks about the wood bed. I'm trying to be more handy and I'm pretty happy at the result for such a cheap bed!

3. RayMiller

RayMiller

Wow man all the haters come out of the woodwork on an air ride thread, it's a bitch'n truck and yea the work needs some tweaking but you have to admit its awfully straight of josh to step up to the plate and fix it for Blake. So with everybody else's 2 cents in its a badass truck and when it's fixed and done I'm sure it'll be twice as badass!

4. Blake84

Blake84

Agreed I talked to josh on the phone and he absolutely made me feel a lot better and he will DEFINITLY fix the issue correctly and he or I will post the final result. I do Appriciate everyone's expertise though.

Thanks for sayin truck is bad ass. Totally my style I love this truck

5. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Right on Josh for trying to make things right. You obviously care about your reputation an are willing to work to build it up. However, let me warn you. Just because a mig weld looks strong doesn't mean it is. I used to think I was a pretty good welder. Then I got a job where my welds were destructively tested. It was embarrassing to watch my welds be yanked apart like licorice. A good weld on mild steel should be stronger than the actual metal. Meaning the material will fail before your weld. I'm sure with a little practice and guidance you will be able to step your game up. Again, props for coming on and facing the music.

6. jax59

jax59
    from nor cal

hang in there youll get her all done right. you live and learn i guess. had a similer problem with a chopper i had, shitty work and all. but in the end all worked out. keep us posted.

7. cool josh, good job on comin on here and bein cool about all the stuff thats bein said. i look forward to seein another rad setup

8. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Josh, firstly, all respect for manning up and offering to make restitution....

.....but......

You seem to be missing a fairly important point.

You let that thing be driven away when you KNEW (if you are as experienced as you claim) it was NOT RIGHT.

If it had imploded and killed my Pregnant wife & 12 month old baby coming the other way?????????????

Do you get THAT? No apologies would take care of that. You need to be starting with "My Mistake was XXXXX and I have learnt XXXX so I will never allow or condone XXXX again".

Secondly, is it YOUR shop?

The Shop OWNER is ultimately responsible, and did not inspect his worker's progress, or passed it when it is clearly not up to scratch.
    His shop name is in this thread, and he also needs to protect HIS business' name.

When this quality of work kills someone close to the local Governor, EVERY build will need full inspection by a certified Engineer etc, etc, etc like we have here in Australia.

With Freedom to modify frames etc comes much responsibility.

Thirdly, don't ever blame it on 'the client's foolish ideas'.
    When the client said in this post that "maybe he should look into getting an MII clip" when he's already got one in there, it is clear why the builder MUST BE the responsible person and insist on choices that are always safe, no matter how much kool the client is demanding in the project.

Congratulations for manning up now, but don't try to defend the indefensible.

Looking forward to seeing a good result for all concerned.

9. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

I think the truck you saw was Skratch's old truck. I could be mistaken since it was a quick shot of it. Maybe someone else would know for sure.

10. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

totally forgot about the panhard. everyone up here seems to run triangulated lol. either way im glad this guy is gonna fix everything up for you. drive the shit out of it when ur suspension is all done ! :cool:

11. Blake84

Blake84

I was asked if I purchased skratchs truck. Does anyone know where I can see a pic of this truck I have been asked a handful of times and id like to see what his looks like

12. Blake84

Blake84

I have to say I agree with what was said above. ^^^^

13. fordpatina

fordpatina

14. Low57F100

Low57F100

i was just typing pretty much this exactly! what if blake never posted pics here?

15. Blake84

Blake84

LOOKS LIKE I OWE MY LIFE TO THE H.A.M.B haha:D thanks guys

16. chaddilac

chaddilac

Skratch's truck had no side windows and the the windshield was moved up near the top of the cab because of a chop job!!

[​IMG]

17. Low57F100

Low57F100

once the front end is right it will be one sick ride!

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Skratch's truck was bad ass! I think it did get a little further along than this. I kinda remember a flaked top? maybe not.

19. fleet-master

fleet-master

you just read my mind Mark. Josh ...if your reading these posts, check out ElPolackos work. The guy really knows his stuff...you could learn a lot from him and others on here. I hope you stick around and read some of the awesome build threads on here.
    I'm a skilled bodyman myself ...but still haven't stopped learning after 23years doin it.
    Chassis work (suspension design in particular) is a deceptively complicated field when you study it.
    Good on you for makin undertakings to fix this problem,but its not entirely yours to fix.The guy who owns the shop where the work was done needs his ass kicked too IMO.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  20. Blake84

Blake84

Truck is headed back to the shop and should be done sometime next week and myself or severedjosh will post pics of the new rebuilt front suspension.

[​IMG]

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

"me or kevin has had 0 issues on that setup as most vehicles with extreme suspension travel require a heim and the spacer is there to give the correct amount of bump steer for cornering."

WTF is the "correct amount of bump steer for cornering"

22. chaddilac

chaddilac

So glad you're getting it taken care of Blake!!! Thumbs up!! Hope it turns out correct though!!

23. fleet-master

fleet-master

I think hes referring to Ackermann...

I'm still worried....:eek::confused:

24. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

Cool truck. In this world it is rare for someone to admit their mistakes and make it right. It is also sad that I am impressed by this. We should all admit our mistakes and try to make things right.. I guess it is a sign of the times where even the president can blame everyone else for his failed policys (sorry not trying to get political, just sayin')

25. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Get the owner of the shop to do the welding.

It was great of Josh to get on here and defend himself but after looking at the picture of the front end, there is NO WAY that I would let the guy do ANY welding for me. I highly question if he can do a vertical weld. You can have a vertical weld look good with no penetration

Do not let Josh weld.

Neal

26. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

This. You sure went about "bagging" it the wrong way, just so much wrong in that front end pic. Yikes...:eek:

27. This truck looks like one I saw on that Discovery Chanel show about that gay biker gang. Cool truck though.

28. Blake84

Blake84

I RECIEVED MY FIRST PHOTO FROM THE TRUCK SHOP AND IT LOOKS GREAT. NOW I KNOW I HAVE NOT SEEN THE WELDS OR ANYTHING YET AND THAT'S MOST IMPORTANT. HOWEVER, AS FAR AS THE WHEELS STICKING FAR OUT AND CRAZY CAMBER IM VERY VERY VERY HAPPY WITH HOW THE TRUCK IS SITTING. I WAS TOLD IT WILL ONLY HAVE around 2 degrees of camber

Here is a before shot
    [​IMG]

Here is photo I just RECIEVED exactly as I wanted it to sit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. chaddilac

chaddilac

I don't get how that hubcap is straighter than the wheel itself?? Weird!!!

30. Blake84

Blake84

No clue...it's custom haha