Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What Is The Hamb????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, May 22, 2012.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

2. In a weird sorta way,,so do I.. HRP

3. Car clubs and loners alike on this board look to the HAMB for guidance. Almost like our federal government of traditional hotrodding, if you will. If you belong to a club, or not, you are part of a larger club/community known as the HAMB.

These are just some of the things I love about this place :D

4. Belong is a realitive term I think. I don't belong as the HAMB is not a club to start with but aside from that to belong suggests owner ship. I don't think that anyone here would like to admit that they owned a misfit like myself.

I am not sure if you join the HAMB or if you sign up to the HAMB. I registered a while ago. It took a while after that before I was excepted or is that accepted I got those two words so confused, anyway I think that even today I am more tolerated than accepted. A lot of everyone that utilizes the board are in the same boat I am afraid.

I donot think that there is any way to actually describe the HAMB, the simplest and most accurate is to say that it is a forum or message board dedicated to traditional customs and hot rods. Apart from that it must be experienced. Some will enjoy the experience and others will run as fast as they can away from it. That is just the way that it is. The HAMB is not for everyone.

By the way just to make everyone happy, I have stopped suggesting that people "check it out" if they are into traditional builds they no doubt already know about it and if they are not why do I want them here in the first place.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  5. the hamb is a bunch of car guys connected by a computer, shooting the shit, as they would if they were at a car show, in the garage or a party.

6. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Were you trying to link me to something like this???????????????????????

Street rod, is piece of COCK pin stripped by AUTO ZONE sticker decals that JIM A passes around the winners circle for BEST ZZ TOP paint....
    ((4) Whats DAVE HILL famous for?
    besides fluffing the GEEZERS in the outhouse of the NATIONALS?
    Making the most rediculous ROADSTER out of SHAGS old VW bug
    Then actually finding some HOMO named MARCUS that will shill bid on it, and horse trade it to a ROCKABILLY DORK in a club he founded after , buying cars with FLAT TIRES from some DUDE with 8 personalitys inside his HEAD..........................
    WHERES that HOMO
    with the SHOEBOX that SAYS his CHEECH and CHONG CHOP top,
    is PERFECT?
    I wanted to SALUTE him on the REAR QUARTER WINDOWS, taking the shape of a sideways PIECE of APPLE PIE.......
    metal meat metal to form a TRIANGLE....(tm)
    is the new RAT ROD KUSTOM
    coming soon from the dudes who RUINED the best MAGAZINE ever MADE,
    IRON HORSE..................

NOS GERM RIGHT THERE ^^^^^^^^^

===========================================================

7. It was a link to Ngo Long Dong's other posts. Some of the threads were pretty darned funny. Not sure why it isn't working now.

8. This type of post brings out the best in touchy feelyness I am afraid. Nomw if no one minds I am off to namby pamby land to try and find my self some confidence. :eek:

9. Sum Ah Sol my son in law, he no likee hot rods or kustoms. Ah Ni Ah Sohl his brother but he no likee cars either.

You feel better? You write this then cry and have tub ice cleam and watch Sound of Music?

I not only belong, I part of fabric here. Phuc mi? Bwaahahahahahaaaa! Phuc Yuuuuu!!!!

10. Most folks here won't remember your daughters names.

I wonder if we can get Stinky the Austin bum or Fecals the clown to chime in too.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  11. southern thunder

southern thunder

The HAMB is the best thing since sliced bread. and the post about this thread being gay........the one who wrote it... you probably know about skin flutes, being your the one who brought it up

12. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

To quote Mr Spock; "humour, it is a difficult concept".
    The same humour is part of what keeps me coming back here.
    Paul

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Classic Dong

This shit is supposed to be funny, damn.... :rolleyes;)

14. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

So you think you are part of the FABRIC here do you. I am sure if we took a vote on it, you would soon see the truth. Then you could Phuc Offy, Lickitty Split!!! A.- Hole. :mad::mad:

15. My wife calls it a Social Network For Old Guys :cool:

16. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You shouldn't take the internet so seriously, you got played.

17. krooser

krooser

HAMB... four letter word meaning Hot Rod...

18. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Ummmm, I dont think so, have a look at the clowns profile, do we really need his comments. This is not just the internet, this is the HAMB. ;)

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

El Caballo is correct, well maybe a better term is "trolled" and you fell hook line and sinker. Dong has been doing this for as long as the board has been here...

20. Wow! this was a hard read. I need a hug.

21. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You could be right, however I have not come across DONG before and hope I never do again. I began the thread with a fairly serious comment about the HAMB and DONG is one of the negatives found on it.

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'll be right over as those are my speciality :D

All in good fun my sweet, all in good fun. :cool:
    Meet me at the Hot Rod Reunion this weekend and I'll give ya cookie ;)

23. Maybe I'd like a cookie too. :rolleyes:

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

a cookie AND a hug could be arranged ;)

25. How do you feel right now? Because thats the feeling of not getting a joke, ElC was right, listen to him. :rolleyes:

26. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

The HAMB has hilarity! I love it!

Roddin-Shack, you have the option to start a Dong poll!

Let you round-eyes lecide wif Dong slay or Dongo!

27. Think the HAMB is hard to explain to some people? Try SFCC.

28. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I feel better already with the offer of a cookie, I cant be at the Hotrod reunion but I will see you later in the summer for that cookie. Thanks Denise. Larry :):)

29. Model T1

Model T1

This and a way to go back in time when things really were better as far as the old car hobby.
    A place to laugh and see how damned stupid some of us really are!
    A place to learn and teach others the traditional ways to enjoy old cars.
    Most of all, a place to kill time in this hectic world that's passing many of us old farts way too fast.

30. I can't tell you how many times I have explained what the HAMB is to people. Explaining the difference between Street Rods and Traditional Hot Rods. I have a few HAMB shirts and get asked everytime I wear them. Doesn't bother me one bit. I know I have brought on some new members because of it. Most all of my closest friends are on here. I have never had any negative feedback after explaining it.

HAMB ON BROTHERS!!!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.