Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 ford frame swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greaserpunk71, Jun 7, 2012.

1. xxzzy999

xxzzy999

---------------

I don't get the "keep the hood closed" mentality.

Your '51 Vick is one of the coolest cars ever built. You've teamed it up with a more modern/drivable front suspension and an SBC... arguably the most popular engine ever made.

Who wouldn't like that, except maybe a half-wit from the movie Deliverance.

Keep that hood open! :)

Regards,
    X

2. greaserpunk71

greaserpunk71

I couldn't agree with xxzzy999 more! Nothin' wrong with that!

3. I guess it's just a personal thing. If you knew how many S.B.C. I've installed for others and the Grief in fun I've given them you'd understand. I actually started to install my 354 Olds in it when the project started. Then I decided I was going to sell it once done so in went the Chevy, then I kept it. What's up with that?
    The Wizzard

4. msalamanca

msalamanca

Do what you have to do.
    I am picking up a sbc from a 1957 be air tomorrow am, and am going to run it.

If people have to say anything about not being tradish, then I would like to see what their using for body filler, primer and paint.

Get it going and have fun.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I see these type of comments here way too much. Just shows people are confused by what traditonal in the HAMB sense actually means.

using your logic I could put a late model FI sbc and od trans in my 1976 Volvo I just sold to Pick and Pull and post it here on the HAMB. car is 36 years old. that's older than my 49 Chevy was when I bought it in 1976.

S-10 anything is only HAMB traditional if no one can tell it is there.

6. xxzzy999

xxzzy999

------------------------

Thank you S10 Hater #461

No comprendo pal... you can stick your '76 Volvo up your fat ass.

"How dreadful...to be caught up in a game and have no idea of the rules."

Have a nice day...

X

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

WTF are you talking about? :confused:

8. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

And here goes another post that will get closed cause guys cant get along due to posturing over what is right or wrong. Thanks guys !!

It is supposed to be a hobby remember ? There is always someone who doesnt agree with something on here. I have read many post about using s-10 frames and stubs. There are some guys that say "cool" to some and "not cool" to others. Depends on who you are and who you know. I did a post about using an s-10 frame and they beat me to death.....saw another s-10 swap and the same guys gave praise. WHAT?

Grommet

9. greaserpunk71

greaserpunk71

@ 49ratfink: I think you misunderstood. The comment was about using newer parts to make old cars go faster. That is sorta what got hot rodding started. There were no rules, just the desire to go fast. In essence, keeping it "traditional" is just re-creating the past. I wasn't around for the original era of hot rodding but love the cars and have a desire to keep it alive. That being said, I am from a different generation and we do things a little differently. And it's still about cars from that era.

10. greaserpunk71

greaserpunk71

And really, is an S-10 front end all that much different from a Camaro or Nova? Hmm, short/long arm configuration, ball joints, coil springs...

11. wingnuts

wingnuts
    from Ephrata Pa

hey its your car ,build it to your liking.it doesn't matter what frame you use.it will still be cool when it is done! my friend jersymike put a s-10 clip under his, to look at it you wouldn't know the difference, check his thread out it is called. my idea of a dream custom. it is a cool car. he has some good ideas. hope that helps you

12. krooser

krooser

Not much different than a Ford shoebox, either.... and that's the easiest to do. Why make so much work for some perceived advantage? Rebuild the original, keep the big wheel and it will drive like it had power steering. If you HAVE to have disc brakes there are plenty of sources to build or buy a kit... personally I like old cars to drive like old cars.

I wonder how many guys on the tuner forums say they love Hondas but want to install a Banger motor in their Civic?