Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another WTF is it thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wolfman1, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Beat me to it!
    :eek:

2. henry29

henry29

Still looks like the mg ya to me.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. smarg

smarg

Who cares? Its a POS. End of story.

Attached Files:

4. Had,nt thought of that one. Funny as i had two Flying 8 sedans a few years ago. The sedans have a real nice swage line from the roof down past the windscreen and then to the rear fenders.

5. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

Thanks for the help guys,
    Just nice to know what the hell it actually was at one time

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  6. it almost looks like the cord replinonsense that was built in the late 60's. but they were 'glass, and i don't think anyone would do that to it.
    not my cup of grog...but it looks like it would be fun.

7. robber

robber

How this car became titled as a deuce, is beyond me:confused: The only part that resembles a '32 to me is the trunk section. That being said, I agree with henry29. The front of the cowl, where the hood used to reside, the shape of the doors and windshield, the overall size... all of these lead me to believe that the front half of this car began life as a MG Y. Probably about a '47 to '50. If not , what ever the hek it is, roadsters are a lot of fun:)

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Trying to Unfugly that will be like trying to get the fat girl into a sexy dress for the prom :D

Probably another case of someone who knows nothing about cars. To a great many of the general ignorant unwashed public, everything that resembles a hot rod is a 32 Ford or a rat rod. :D

9. Good luck, once a car has been fuglyfied, its nearly impossible to unfugly it. I would sell it to a blind man.:cool:

10. S.F.

S.F.

Perfect example, you cant polish a turd.....But the cowl and where the original hood mounts looks like a 41 packard roadster.

11. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I'm sure with such a trad styled rod the owner must be on the H.A.M.B. he should chime in.

Scotty.

12. RAY With

RAY With

It's not what I would want in a street rod but to me ugly and to who built it it's a jewel.

13. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Thanks Ray With. At a quick glance a kool site. Will have to give the HAMB a short rest.

14. brianj

brianj

15. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Trying to unfugly that is going to be like trying to unsee a naked fat chick.

16. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

If the good civil servents and public employees of the great Province of Ontario recognize it as a 32 Ford, than legally it must be a 32 Ford. A rose by another name is still a.....

17. 510madmav

510madmav

Dude. Why would you post that

18. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Dig the trucker style "anti-glare" windshield lights. Whatever, though. Still a ride that somebody else ain't got.

19. Ruggie

Ruggie

Cowl and doors look like a cut down late 30's vauxhall 14/wyvern.

20. Who knows ?

Attached Files:

21. Take it all back, It,s a front wheel drive Citroen Traction Avant cowl. 1934 to 1950 . On the OP yellow car you can just see the curved hood line where the antenna is. All the other cars mentioned have a straight hood line at the cowl. Probably from some French guy in Quebec eh ! Or not.

Attached Files:

22. Jimv

Jimv

Owner is more then likely happy with it, so why do you all give a rats ass about a
    car that's not to your taste!!
    Ya think the guys who run Pebble beach have a website that they bash "Hamb" cars on it?
    I doubt it.
    But i have to admit i've done this myself!lol
    JimV

23. Even though threads like this will allways have bashers i like to think of it as education , good and bad. At least the owner knows what to do with the car and what it might have started out as.

24. Anyone come to the Hamb and ask what is it better be ready for a reality check,,sure the comments can be harsh,,but they are honest!

Thin skin doesn't fare well here! HRP

25. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Volkswagens dont have chrome winshield frames. I see nothing VW on that car.

How come cars like this are allways painted some bright color??

26. verde742

verde742

A camel is a horse designed by a committee.......

27. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Yellow is almost like white in its ability to mask body prep imperfections. It's nearly as forgiving as a mat finish.

Could actually be a cabrio body. They were a uni body from the factory so maybe part of the frame is a 32 ford.

Not a bad looking car in it's origial state.

[​IMG]

Maybe a cut down coupe was the start.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  28. Kent

Kent
    from KCMO

29. Jimv

Jimv

I doubt the owner of the car will ever know what people are saying about his car.!
    JimV