Register now to get rid of these ads!

Superbell broken axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the mercury kid, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i bough a superbell axle at Speedway motors i put it on my 1934 ford coupe i drove my car for the first test run and the axle broke in less then one mile, i called Speedway motors and they sent me to superbell ( Pete and jakes) they told me that they were not responsible because i bought it from from Speedway motors, i talk to J.W. at Speedway motors and he said we are not responsible because we dont built the axles.
    This is for all of you guy out there who buy parts from Speedway motors , Super bell and Pete and Jakes, if you dont want to get kill on the road stop buying from this companies.
    If you have any super bell broken axles and you want to know what to do you can e-mail me at [email protected]

alive broken axle Luis

2. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Sure it's a Superbell? Any pics?

3. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Nothing more pisses me off than when they take your money and want stand good behind there product if it brakes good luck!!!

4. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Well...the man said he called

1) the vendor

2) the mfr.

If it has a Superman logo in the center, it's a Superbell...
    Hey, with all the testamonials on here, photographic proof, and expressly the fact that it's made of cast iron, we can all be sure it's a Superbell!

Actually, if it has the logo AND is broken, what does that tell you?

6. I think I would have my Attorney friend give them a jingle and see if He could't talk some sense in to BOTH of them. I think they both have a part in this. Its really irritating, stay with it. And yes, a pic would be helpful, gives it total integrity.

7. You running split wish bones or a 4 bar set up.I learned my lesson back in 73 with the preloading twisting bump steer split wish bones luckily I ended up in a farmers soggy corn field when axle snapped.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cast rather than forged. that should say it all right there. then if they are drilled that weakens them that much more.

9. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Pictures or it didn't happen!

10. Master of None

Master of None

I too would like to see some pictures.

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

X3. With the timing of this, the tone of the O/P and no pics, this smells kinda funny. No comment on the whole cast/forged debate ( I fall squarely in the pro-forged camp) but this just kinda smells "off" to me...

12. Fenders

Fenders

Both speedway and superbell are liable under the implied warranty of merchantability.
    Hey take Speedway to small claims court in your jurisdiction, get a judgement, if they don't pay, you could own the company !!
    Oh BTW this is why I bought a Chassis Engineering forged axle.....

13. swissmike

swissmike

A lot of things you buy you have to go to the manufacturer for warranty, not the place you buy (electronics, tools, etc,). Superbell should take care of this in their own interest, even there is always the uncertainty how the axle was set up and used.

MikeC62 likes this.
  14. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

15. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

To be honest. . . and I'm playing devil's advocate here, but right in the Speedway catalog there's a long disclaimer stating that all parts are sold "as is" and "with all faults".

Now whether or not it's legal to sell brand new parts in that manor with a "tough luck guy, you bought it, you broke it, it's your problem" warranty is up for discussion.

16. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Don't hold your breath, I just checked most of the 107 of his posts and there's not a pic in any of them.................................

17. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

As posted by Zombie Hot Rod #10 above, I totally agree that without photos of the "broken axle" this thread means nothing. The installation of the axle is just as critical as the quality of manufacture. We need details. Hell, you could even post a copy of the invoice from Speedway along with a few photos of the axle AND the suspension. Maybe the Superbell screwed the pooch or maybe it was your installation. Photos will help. And we'll all learn something.

18. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Kinda what I figured. Tried to coach him in a PM but not sure if I was much help.

19. Master of None

Master of None

He sent me some pics.:eek:

Attached Files:

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

What do you mean by this?

21. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Logo, no logo? The casting surface sure looks grainy too.

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'll take my words with ketchup and a side of fries please...:eek::D

23. pastlane

pastlane

from the rust it looks to have been cracked for awhile

24. Master of None

Master of None

That's what I thought when I saw them. One more reason for always taking a min to check things over before you leave. Hope some how the vendors make this right.

25. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Sorry about your problem. That said, I have sold many hundreds of Super Bell axles with no problems to date! I have never had P&Js deny a claim if I have sold one of their products that has proved to be defective.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  26. Mercurykid: If you indeed have a broken Superbell axle, the logo is cast into the center of the web. You need to re-shoot this picture ,showing the logo.. I'd bet the mfr. would get very nervous over the picture hitting a highly populated internet forum...I'm very interested in this thread,along with all the other broken cast-type axles, as I have a Superbell axle on the front of my roadster.

Attached Files:

27. looks like the jury is still out and maybe for a good reason. Yep, we may learn something new

28. Pete

Pete

Whoa!!!

That is some scary shit right there!!! Hmmmmm....CHINA??????

Are these made in the USA???

Pete-

29. carsluTT

carsluTT

WOW....... id like to know for sure who made that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.