Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2012 Syracuse Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Metal Ghost

Metal Ghost

I should definitely be there....hopefully with my '55. Only 'unless' is that my originally wanted me to make a trip to NJ with her that weekend. But that was before we realized the conflict, so I should be good to go.

I can't even count how many times I've walked those fairgrounds (grew up in Solvay)....good advice on the 'wear comfortable shoes' for anyone going for the first time.

2. 32Gnu

32Gnu

If I can hijack this thread a bit
    I am looking for anyone who knew Jim Volkmar to contact me.
    He was from Rochester, my dad..
    I need someone who knew him in the 50's-60's.. Tom

3. I'll be there for sure. Not driving anything though. Always a good show.

4. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Can we have some pics of the cars you guys /gals will or should be driving in to the show. This is always an easy way to locate one another. I should be there in this heap.
    [​IMG]

5. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

That's a great show, we used to attend all the time! We moved to Florida in 09' and haven't been back since... too bad because we miss it, along with other shows and cruises in the Northeast.
    About 5 years ago we attended and it rained like hell at the show. When it stopped we decided to head back to the motel. When I tried starting the car it cranked, then the starter broke. Advance Auto was set-up there but didn't have a starter so they went back their shop to get one. I installed it but it broke again. I thought I had a busted crank or Rod so I rented a trailer & flatbed back to R.I. Anyway, Getting ready to yank the engine I started unbolting everything. Lucky me...I pulled the plugs and water came out of 4 (Of 8) cylinders... Hydro-lock!
    I put everything back together and lucky me, it started right up!
    I wanted to mention my story because there were so many good people that offered help at the Fairgrounds... unlike the people the I usually run into, here in Southern Florida!

PS: If your not running a hood, cover your air filter when it rains!
    [/FONT][/SIZE]

6. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

And if everything goes good I will have my 42 Chevy truck running so my Dad has something to drive to the show.

[​IMG]

7. That sounds cool, can't wait and you really don't need to go and build me a new sculpture, I'll take one of the old ones,ha,ha.. íther Rat fink or Bill Hines will suffice......

I'll be driving the yellow one below in the photo,ha,ha...
    [​IMG]

8. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

I'll be there with the Lost Kustoms Club all weekend. Stop by and say hi. I'll be bringing the 53 Chevy in my avatar. Looking forward to a great weekend as always. Can't wait!

9. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

10. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Say I wanted to get some striping done on my car by one of the many talented people at Artie's Party. How do I go about doing that?

11. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

I'll be in this
    [​IMG]

or this
    [​IMG]

12. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

HEY! I remember that! One of the few things i do remember... haha Riding up to the dirt drags. That was fun, thanks again for doing that man. Car looks good all painted! Came out really badass. Be sure to Stop by and say hi, we'll be there all weekend. Looking forward to it.

13. bradshaw

bradshaw
    from ontario

I'll be there Friday ...I hope this year I can Find you!

14. kustomolds

kustomolds

15. BigBlockItch57

BigBlockItch57

Hey Hey Howdy Everybody!!! I'm driving up from Dutchess County NY about a 4.5 ride! I want to park and hang where the old skool round up is! i and driving up my 1961 ford Falcon daily driver....are there any rules or anything or cut off years to be over there? and i will be attempting to get up there a little before 7am friday so yeah just wanting some info from people who have gone before its my birthday weekend and want things to go smoothly!!!! Might have more questions!!! Thanks!!!

16. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

BigBlockItch57 you will be alright! Just look for the sign when you get into the fairgrounds you can't miss it ok. See you there always good to me up with people from around the area.

17. uc4me

uc4me

Been there every year will be there this year... all 3 days

18. oj

oj

No way! the Buick? That'll drop a few jaws! Incredible car. Hows about startin a current thread - kinda like a 'where we are now' - on it.

19. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

i'll be there fri. sat. and maybe sun. in this ....... stop and say hi .

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2011-10-09

is there a HAMB meet and greet planned again this year???

20. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

Going out saturday will get there early and spend the whole day.

21. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

Probably only going to be there on Saturday
    I've only been there once before in my DD, do I have to go to the host hotel to register first ?
    What time should I be at the gates to get in, I've got a 5 hour drive

22. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

your going to want to get there fairly early in the day if you want to park inside the round up pavilion. Its a great place to be, out of the sun, if you get a cross wind its almost like its air conditioned, live bands, pinup girls, ect. I'd say try and get there by 10am, but even that may be cutting it close.

You can register either at the host hotel, OR at two of the gates I believe. They've changed the host hotel this year, its no longer the one at exit 37 off I-90

23. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Anyone?

24. Redmonsters

Redmonsters
    from Elmira, NY

We've been going since year one without and car and this year FINALLY we'll have our own in the show!

I see a few of you have posted pics of our car from Nashville and Columbus this past weekend :) We'll see you in 'cuse!

Attached Files:

25. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

What is the host hotel?

26. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

please disregard this, I'm a jackass. I miss read something on the Right Coast website. I apologize for any confusion on my part. It is still at exit 37 from I-90. All you do is get off the exit and cross the street, it really doesn't get any easier than that .

Sorry

27. That's a Holiday Inn, address will come up as on Electronics Parkway at the intersection of Seventh North Street.

28. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Counting down the days! Just finished giving the 53 a Tune up to be good for the ride. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday for sure! Maybe Friday... Can't wait! We Should have a bunch of New Builds with The Lost Kustoms Club this year too. Also, same Question as HollyWQQD, Will there be a HAMB meet and Greet at the Old School Roundup this year?

29. Graystoke

Graystoke

Carlisle Events will be taking over the Syracuse Nationals in 2013, and the Right Coast Assn. will not be involved anymore.:eek: