Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see those early Chevys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by themoose, Apr 26, 2012.

1. trbomax

trbomax

These are pics of some of the molds,body 1/2's, front and rear fenders. They have been sitting outside for over 35 yrs,so they are a bit ugly!

gfr220, NICE car! Is that a steel roof?

Attached Files:

3. I can't even imagine the amount if time and effort that goes into something like building molds and fabricating an entire body. Are those molds still usable?

4. My 37 Sedan........original driveline......dropped straight axle.......sixties interior and the torgue thrusts.......nothing too fancy but a cool lil rod that will seat the family or friends. :)

[​IMG]

5. trbomax

trbomax

I only built the one body thats in my avitar,they were never used again. I had intended it to be a one off project when I started which is why the molds are a bit flimsy.They could be used,would require trueing and polishing. I only even kept them around all these years in case I needed crash parts but as it turned out I only drove the car for about a year after it was together,never really finished it as you can see by the interior pics above. I needed the motor and trans for my girlfriend 's vette so out it came.The car was kinda useless then so it went back in a corner of my building.I was 22 yrs old at the time w/o much real sense of direction and moved on to building drag boat and hydro hulls.I did marry the girfriend,and she kept the vette,so I guess I still have the motor,kinda of.

6. Cool story! I hope you get to finish what you started all those years ago and take it for a ride. Maybe the wife would let you borrow the motor ha ha.

7. ilikeflatblack

ilikeflatblack
    from HASLET, TX

my 32 5 window

Attached Files:

8. RayMiller

RayMiller

That's sick! Any plans on fixing that cancer? Other than that dude your ride is what I hope mine looks like when it's done, check out my avatar

9. Wish I had a pic of my old '35 Standard 3W I sold, like a dumbass ! :(

10. belair57

belair57
    from australia

here is mine

Attached Files:

11. raymay

raymay

As much as I liked the very early 30's Chevy's, the wood was always a big issue around here. 37 was the first year of the all steel with the speed line styling that got my real attention. I have owned several 37's and even bought a couple back.

Attached Files:

12. dbildvil

dbildvil

Wow a lot of cool chevy here! This is a '36 Coupe Utility my friend bought last fall, very solid, all the wood are in excellent shape, nothing is missing, it now have WW, steel wheels, etc. Hope to make it run this summer...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. you sir are a lucky man. I've got pictures of that car in my garage as inspiration for my build.

14. ...my 37 coupe and my recent barn find 38...
    [​IMG]

15. Long time gone, but not forgotten.:(

Attached Files:

16. Your 38 "Barn Find" looks solid as a rock... nice....What are your plans?

17. rdavid

rdavid

why would you say tudor sedan when you originally called it a coach. coaches had 2 drs. sedans were 4 doors. so all that you ever had to say was coach or sedan and it was known what you were talking about. I see that you are fixated with fords using tudor
    ron

18. 5 posts and you're busting the chops of one of the nicest guys on this site?

19. haha....ron ate one to many poop noodles this morning

20. I agree with the last two posts. Let's see some more of those early Chevys that we all like.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  21. That's right .......lets not let this thread get hijacked bynonsense, just keep those great Chevy pic's coming

22. Jims35

Jims35

My 35 standard,i'v had it on here before.

Attached Files:

23. my 37 I'll keep forever; the 38 is up for grabs...

24. Wow........what a pair:)........like two bookends!

25. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

my '37 chevy/gmc. It started life as a GMC but now has a chevy dog house on it. Still has the GMC tailgate.
    [​IMG]

26. Must be a couple of other Old Chevys out there....Lets see some more

27. A23

A23
    from Hollywood

Not quite as old as some of the other nice Chevys here...

[​IMG]

28. Sweet car. Got any pictures of the front?