Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Antique Nationals Pic's,2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

I'd like to see that!;)

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  3. I walk a show and just shoot. I don't look for certain cars and I don't intentionally pass over certain cars. Shows are big,spread out,so it's hatd to get every car. If that's not a good enough answer,take a camera and shoot you own pic's and remember to put plenty of your car in your thread!
    How about just a plain "thanks for the pic's Bob".

PS-I took about 280 pic's,so your Bantam might be one of them...

4. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i wasn't ragging on you in particular bob. i know how much it takes to get all those pics and yes, thanks for them all and all your hard work. i was just wondering why. even in the other thread my j is there, but not my altered. it's not just certain post but on other sites and events. i understand that people are drawn to certain cars they like and whatever reason they take pics of cars. i have plenty of pics of my cars and it's not like i am in need of my ego boosted, after all i have had the cars for 17 years and have ran it alot and at alot of events. as a side note, a guy came up to me at the event and said, "my car was like a fixture at every event he goes to" "he sees it everywhere"
    ps. i cut my three fingers off on my left hand on a table saw too!! i feel your pain.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  5. Nobey

Nobey

Thanks for the pics Bob. It's the next best thing for those of Us that
    didn't get to go. Take care of the fingers......

6. fordsoup

fordsoup
    from Altadena

8. bonesy

bonesy

9. After almost every show I post,I get "why didn't you shoot my car" PM's. It's not a personal thing. I miss alot of cars. I don't take it personal. I am trying to enjoy the shows myself too.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Having had a Riley 4Port that Roadster really impressed me too. Is it a new find or under new ownership, I've never seen photos of it before. Bob

12. bonesy

bonesy

13. I go to almost every show in SoCal,and I have never seen it before. The dash,rear bumper,motor,and taillights make it unique.

14. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry about the HAND dude... All those fine cars and I'm in love with that red Fury!!

15. fordsoup

fordsoup
    from Altadena

According to the guy I was talking too, the owner was drafted into the
    army was a bombardier on a B-29 that dropped the atomic bomb at the end of the war. Circa 1941 US Army decal in the window and Wendover field plate.

Attached Files:

16. Mike

Mike

I believe that machine belongs to Mark Morton. Tough lookin' car.

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The Riely powered '29 on '32 rails everybody is talking about was featured in an issue of American Rodder in about '93 or so, along with the full story on the car. Good to see it still around.

18. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

So- how's the hand today? Probably throbbing a bit by now.
    Pain meds are your friend. :)

And... why the hell didn't you take a pic of my car?
    Oh- wait, I wasn't there. ;)

19. georgecat

georgecat

20. Tom Branch

Tom Branch

21. You know I posted a bunch of pics in here as well. I did get a couple of shots of your Bantam running, but they weren't particularly exciting - no tire smoke, no wheelie, just a nice car on the track - I didn't post the Hemi Bantam either, same reason. I shot a few hundred photos but only felt that some were of that much interest to the masses and it takes too damn long to post everyone using PhotoBucket.
    As for your Henry J, I saw it was in the back and figure I would get a picture of it running - it looked like a gasser, but never saw it run - guess I know why now, jut the tow vehicle. :cool:
    "i have probably the most photogenic rig out there" At least you're modest about it :D:D

And like both Bob and Mazooma have said, I just kind of buzz through and shot some stuff but always find out later that there were cars I didn't even see. And at this event I like the action shots the best so that's where I head.

22. She is the COOLEST gal! I sent her my pic's and a few of Mazooma's pic's. She definately walks her talk! A modern Veta Orr....

24. This Roadster was amazing! The rear tires are too small,but that doesn't take away from the quality of the car.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  25. KiwiKev heading back to the pits...Piero had a GoPro on it.
    [​IMG]

Some racing shots...
    [​IMG]

That's Chic in the Ute from the ACES Club...She also races at El Mirage and Bonneville.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Never saw the Dragster make a run ????

Same for the Royal Enfield. saw it in the Tech line, but didn't see it make a pass.

29. Stukka

Stukka
    from SoCal

"Same for the Royal Enfield. saw it in the Tech line, but didn't see it make a pass."

It didn't pass Tech. No chain guard.