Register now to get rid of these ads!

Im BANG'n ese!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MATACONCEPTS, Jun 4, 2012.

1. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Finally retired my wifes Honda. It came with the wife. Now I'm BANG'n Holms!!!

2. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

banging

Attached Files:

3. cederholm

cederholm

4. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Yeah!!! Nice & Slow. I cant make them shift, you got to let the shift.

5. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

6. no wonder you can't shift... it doesn't have a tranny.

7. Your banging Holms? Did he/she come with the neat little model A coupe your building? An inquiring mind wants to know.

8. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Whats up with the distributor poping up into like nuetral / spins ???? I left work hit a bump 7 the car died. I knew it was the distributor, sure enough, took the cap off & rotated the rotor until it dropped in.

9. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Ese there is a screw with a nut that goes in the head to hold the dizzy. Dont over tighten it homes it will bust the dizzy casting.

10. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I havent tighten anything, just bent/added a little tention on the rotor contact. I checked that center screw under the rotor & it seemed tight, I did not tighten.

11. that bolt is hard to see i bet because of the downdraft.

12. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Be trucha ese !!!

13. 100% Matt

100% Matt

14. AG F/C

AG F/C

Nice!!!!

What's that in the glass fuel filter?

15. Wait...who is Holms? :D

16. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

Looks like a skull.

17. If he is bangin Holms I hope that he doesn't want to reciprocate. Ouch :eek:

Mataconcepts so ya got it runnin' ese? Como va hombre?

18. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

It va's pretty good with that intake/carb

19. Loved seeing your new Coupe at my BBQ. WAY cool!!! Thanks for stoppin by....

20. simon ;)

me parece we are en easla.

Good to know you are cruisin friend.

21. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

So Im driving home from work yesterday & about 3 mile from home coming down the hill I notice how nice it's ideling, wait, the fuckers off, DAM IT!! I pull/ push it over into Just Tires parking lot, quick diagnostic & fucken timing gear. I grab my skateboard & head home. After a quick bite, call the local autoparts, NO. Call Early Ford in San Dimas @ about 5:45, I think the close @ 5, "Hello", hell yeah!!! Mike answers. Says, "Ill leave it outside in the planter, just slip the money under the door".

I pick up the part & rush back to the car for daylight & make it to the A at about 7:40. 2 hours later Im driving home thru the back streets cause I still havent wired the lights, but my car's running again!!!! FRICKEN A!!!!!

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Gravity fuel delivery may have died. :rolleyes:

23. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Anyone in LA/OC have a couple 16"wires that are straight or at lease straighter than mine that they might want to get rid of/sell. Id getting tired of my frontend trying to dribble on the freeway. As it turns out my front rims use to be 17" or 18" wires, now they're 16".

24. you banging john holmes? dude hes dead and shit

25. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Sounds like Early Ford is a cool place. Pretty cool of them. Dig your car man!

26. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Friday my A sputtered home. Sunday I attacked it. Was the fuel pump. Fuck I should have done it Sat., everything was closed sunday so then is when I decided to switch to 12volt. Why? Cause you could find a 12v pump easier on Sunday than you can a 6v.

P O W E R . . . ON!!! Im bang'n with power now. Yesterday @ lunch I ran up to Early Ford In San Dimas & picked up a alt. pulley, a coil, & elec. pump, spent a $100, well, I still owe Mike a $100 cause my card wasn't working, that's why I love Early Ford.

After work, after dinner, after a walk with the kids, I got to it. Whipped up some quick alt. brackets. And what do know I was able to get it fired up last night, SHIT! Im driving it to work tomarrow. I threw a ballast on cause I came across it in my electrical shit, but when I took off this morning, it was sputtering, I pulled over ditched the ballast & BAM!!! I jammin!!!
    <!-- / message -->

27. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

The simplicity the Banger is great. So user friendly. Since the 12v convertion the car works that little much better, the only problem, the starter would not disengauge, just spinning like mad. Last night when I was going to take off again, it didn't stop, I had to fix it.

Again so fucken simple. The sillinoid construction is so simple, you step on a pedal to a rod to a piece of copper metal that attach to the power & CONTACT, it starts. You get some pliers & bend that copper metal contact away sightly, clean it, add little grease on the contact, & put it back together, DONE.

28. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Last Suday I hoped on the freeway to my sons house 16 miles away, then up San Gabriel Blvd. to the mountains in Altadena, Eaton Cyn. for a hike. Jumped on the 210 to the 605 then pulled off the freeway before the 10. I pulled over & topped off the water, that's when it started started sputtering. I'd floor it & it would sputter home, like it was running out of gas. However it did sputter me home, real sorry, no power at all, even on the slightest incline. When I let the clutch out no power, when I push it in it kind of idel up. It Had proper fuel pressure, I pulled the line hit the switch & fuel was fine.

That night I did a quick rebuilt (carb seemed clean, so just a new kit.) & the same thing, it'll start but I have to hold the gas pedal down. Carb right? I took it back apart & have it soaking now. But now I wondering if it's the points? Will it still run if the point went bad? Since the 12v conversion on Monday it's been driving great everyday, all week. I hesitant on the 12v conversion cause I heard it burns points??? Im really not too familiar with points.

Then thrusday after ruling out the carb then figureing out & dialing in the dist./points, I track it down to the head gasket. On anothere thread someone mentioned a compression check out the gate . . . but my dumb ass.

So happened last monday I traded some front 40 breaks for 2 Model A engines & one was supposibly rebuilt, I got them just in case but never thought I'd be using it this soon, this soon being yesterday, & last night it fired up. I TEST DROVE IT TO WORK TODAY! WITHOUT A GLITCH!! Im Bang'n Again Ese!