Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1940 and 1939 Deluxe Fords.......Lets see em!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkmanjr, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Labold

Labold

Glad to see this thread back from the dead. I can look at these cars all day.

2. Labold

Labold

If you were talking about mine, just an old flathead.

Attached Files:

• 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      186.1 KB
      Views:
  3. verde742

verde742

it'll rub out

4. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Ooh that's rough!

5. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

just stumbled across this thread again, and noticed that i posted a pic in 2009! Ashamed to say not a lot seems to have happened in that time, but here's an update pic. Hopefully on the road next year, but i've said that a few times before...

Attached Files:

6. DFR

DFR
    from Eagan MN

in 2010 This was at the Back to the 50's show in Minnesota, for sale by a dealer.... It didn't sell, and it was not de-tuned.

7. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Any more pics of that beauty?

8. fatkoop

fatkoop

That's my ol dog in the avatar. We've seen a lot of miles together and at least one of us is still goin strong. Basic power-pac 283, stock '40 trans, torquetube, stock rear, stock brakes, stock steering. No tire burner, (axles and transmissions are a lot of work to change) but a great cruiser and fun car to beat around in. See ya on the road!

9. andyg

andyg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that was march2011, here it is now
    [​IMG]

10. Labold

Labold

^^ Looks great!

11. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

anyone know of a 39 deluxe thats in purple primer, last i knew it was in ks. torque thrust, louvered hood, black doors trunk hood

12. Labold

Labold

Haven't seen your '39 Leroy. Post pics, it will amaze you what will turn up here on the HAMB.

13. adventurer

adventurer

Here is mine.
    Titus here on the HAMB sold to me, she was running and driving, but very rusty. At first, I just repaired rust and kept the stock flathead . Primer all the way. Was not happy with the flat, so swapped a 283 tri power, T5 trans and Chevy 57 rear. Painted gloss black. After a while, the 283 was really tired, and front suspension was not the best, so installed a rebuilt 327 and Heidt suspension. WIll bolt the front seat tomorrow and will try the third rebuild.
    when car arrived here

[​IMG]

second rebuild

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GonzoMN likes this.
  14. Here is mine.
    Titus here on the HAMB sold to me, she was running and driving, but very rusty. At first, I just repaired rust and kept the stock flathead . Primer all the way. Was not happy with the flat, so swapped a 283 tri power, T5 trans and Chevy 57 rear. Painted gloss black. After a while, the 283 was really tired, and front suspension was not the best, so installed a rebuilt 327 and Heidt suspension. WIll bolt the front seat tomorrow and will try the third rebuild.
    when car arrived here

Advent...

Gotta tell ya the Coupe looks great!! How many hours did you spend blocking and sanding to get that Black Paint looking so righteous....Congrats .

Murph

15. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Great rides !!!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

16. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Advent--really like your black coupe--I'm with Murph on the black paint and super striaght body--top notch

17. adventurer

adventurer

Fun thing, I did it in my backyard....straight black lacquer...lots of paint and lots lof blocksanding....long hours of wet sanding and here are the results....
    Love this car....am thinking about adding Et wheels....and lowering the back a little

18. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Advent! It hard to beat a black 40 coupe and yours is killer in black.

19. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

I just unearthed this mild Kustom 4 door. Shaved nose & trunk, De Soto bumpers, etc, etc. Owner bought it in 49. Still have the title from then. Last licensed in 64 !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Great looking car, Adventurer!

21. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

22. mdhotrodder

mdhotrodder
    from coloroado

question,..what is the widest/tallest wheels & tires u can run on a 39-40 tudor, fordor sedan/ coupe with 15-16' wheels? im about to deploy to afghan. soon & want to start a moonshine hauler tribute project, that my buddy can work on for me after i leave. i want to use a mustang 2 front end with HD sway bars in front & 4 link with a.bags in the rear.(airbags not for a smooth ride, but to help high speed cornering & the extra weight of real case's of mason jars or plastic gallon jugs filled with water to resemble moonshine, when say going to shows like the GEORGIA MOONSHINE FESTIVAL in dawsonville GA.) i want to run radial whitewalls & wheels that resemble 40'ford. what is widest/tallest 15-16" rim tire/ wheel combo that a member here on H.A.M.B. has been able to run without rubbing, etc.??...any & all help is greatly appreciated!!!

23. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

My 40 i just finished,425 nailhead.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      435.2 KB
      Views:
  24. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

My 39

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      497.6 KB
      Views:
  25. Congratulations, bangngears Great Looking Car !!!!! Wanted Engine Pictures !!!!!

26. Here's some pictures of "Booger" (his '39, on it's first trip to Springfield), when it still had the blown hemi in it.

http://streetrodder.net/?page_id=134&album=6&gallery=10

That car is full of fun things, like a louvered gas tank, rear end housing, oil pan, frame rails, firewall...

Unfortunately, I don't have many pic's of the '40. Looks like I need to swing by Jerry's, next time I am in the area.

27. Here's a "twofer". Mine's the flamed one, Dale West's (dcwest32) is the black one.

[​IMG]

PONTNAK123 likes this.
  28. WisconsinMicko

WisconsinMicko
    from Wisconsin

WisconsinMicko's '40 Tudor, owned for 40 years. 327-350, Fairlaine 8 inch, stock pattern interior, Chevy Van tilt column, most stainless original as assembled, front fender never have been off the car. Need some discussion about front wheel and tire width, back spacing, and offeset with Speedway disc brake kit.

29. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Here is my newest family member.

Attached Files:

PONTNAK123 likes this.
  30. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

For Grumpyys Hot Rods request.Some nailhead in the 40 with Mercury FE valve covers.Why did i do it? Kinda differant then the Chevy/Olds thing.

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      436.6 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      412.5 KB
      Views: