Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Eyes of Texas are upon you.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 23 Skidoo, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Yup, another Austin area registrant.

Living just SW of Austin by around 45 minutes (depending on where you live) & probably 50 min. from the Continental Club.

Been living here since '95 & can't imagine having any other permanent residence than the ATX.

I spend a couple of hundo every month on real HP

[​IMG]

& Maybe one day (after we finish building our house) will be able to get into a 'real' ride of some sort.

I'm a roofing contractor & my wife & I have 2 kids in elementary school. The boy is all about the cars - he's getting a good start by doing Lego's like crazy & that is really filling his mechanically minded brain.

2. Welcome ,,The eyes of the HAMB are on you.......and your horse,,Hahaha

3. & Here's a pic of the kids:

[​IMG]

For those out of the state who haven't figured it out, here in Texas, we like to celebrate our "Texas-ness".

[​IMG]

4. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

let me help you finish the title out....."that is the song they sing so well, SOUNDS LIKE HELL!" sorry couldnt help but throw some Aggie spirit in there. Welcome from College Station

5. Feel free to follow me over to Shaggy Bevo (under a different ID) if you want to dig into Texas v aggy smack talking. :)

Most of my Ag contact occurs when I need to get my horses checked for Beans.

I'll be following the fun this fall as the beatdowns by the SEC begin.

6. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

7. Gracias.

8. BTW, I may or may not be prolific around these parts... on my primary board, I'm over 20,000 posts (& that's not including slagging off on Facebook; I don't even wanna guess as to how many pieces of drivel I've tossed out on that site).

9. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

10. Veach

Veach

That was fun when I was a kid now it just hurts.Texas also.Welcom

11. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4+ years ago, my 8 y.o. APHA gave me a 1st class ticket to the hospital by way of a broken clavicle & 4th rib.

It has it's ups & downs...

12. 1956Ford

1956Ford

Welcome to the HAMB from California. Nice ride.

13. Veach

Veach

Don't mind the ups it's the downs that hurt old jughead has got to a point in his life that when he is tired you going to get off one way of the other should have made dog food out of him a long time ago.Veach

14. Yeah, the avatar (if that's your reference) was swiped from Summit Racing; it was a feature car about 2 years ago I think.

If you meant the 4 legged guy in my posted pics, that tall boy came to me with a registry name of "Bandit" however lately I've been calling him "Bandito" (however I might need to be careful that someone in overheard conversation might think I'm referring to the quite notorious MC Bandito's).

For the riders on here, he's 16.2 & the largest I've owned. Looks even taller 'cause that pic was taken by my 7 year old daughter & she's only about 4' tall :D

15. I spent a week in the back country of Southern Colorado (San Juans) some time ago & the fella I was on was very green to me (& trailing as well, it seems). I didn't find out until it was too late that
    1) my buddy had purchased him @ auction about 3 weeks earlier
    2) his preferred method of going over a muddy trail / stream crossing was to damn near stand up on his back 2 & kangaroo hop over it. Scared the bejeebers out of me the 1st time that happened.

I swore he'd end up going home in convenient 12 oz. steel cans labeled "Alpo".

16. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from your northern neighbor---Oklahoma. I lived on the SAC base in Abilene for a while when I was a kid.

17. Welcome to the h.a.m.b

18. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

I guess horsepower doesn't get any more traditional than that.

Howdy from Sherman.

19. pecker head

pecker head

20,000 post ! DANG !

20. Cavemanracing

Cavemanracing

Howdy from SA's hippie outpost

21. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome to you..and the horse you rode in on!

22. Believe me, less than 10% had anything relevant & not a single one capable of altering the time / space continuum (much to my dismay).

:cool:

23. pecker head

pecker head

Then why would you post then ? The HAMB aint about that !

24. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Welcome from Tennessee .

25. pdc

pdc

Welcome from Kentucky! I see we both enjoy the same addictions, horses and horsepower.

23 Skidoo likes this.
  26. Veach

Veach

I had a horse almost kill me just the other day and it would have but a guy unplugged it.

27. hicklers

hicklers

Welcome from So.California

28. I attempted to post a thread asking about a builder or shop in the PNW (have a friend who might buy something like an early 40's flatbed).
    I think it has a restriction where a mod has to approve it, however is been something like 3 weeks with no posting or thread.
    I sent a note to the mod link & haven't gotten a response

Any help here, guys?

Tappster from my Samsung Galaxy S iii