Register now to get rid of these ads!

FOUND! '55 Gasser "SATISFACTION" 2 Door Post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trksmth, Mar 24, 2012.

1. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

No problem!! :cool:

2. trksmth

trksmth

Your welcome to stop anytime Tom, as with anybody else.

I am always looking for the history in all parts and cars.

I think we all can enjoy it.

Though, I don't think there's enough being preserved. Mike

3. ERKEL

ERKEL

Whenever SATISFACTION was first raced it was grey with SATISFACTION in red letters. Dennis had the brakes backed off and he had to pump them a few times to get it to even think about slowing down. I know where the old moon tank is that was mounted on the splash pan.

4. trksmth

trksmth

I've had some troubles with finding it's glory day info.

I head it had a 427 BBC fuel injection at one time.

So when it had the fuel injection, it had a moon tank mounted the the splash pan?

Is the tank for sale, if it goes back on the car?

If they had any pictures of the gray with red "Satisfaction" I'd like to see them!

This is great info, since it's gray now.

If you can fill in any of the blanks I'd be grateful. Mike

5. ERKEL

ERKEL

I will get you a pic of it in grey. It did have an injected 427 in it. If you got the splash pan with the car you will notice the holes in it where the moon tank was mounted.

6. trksmth

trksmth

The splash pan is on its way soon, can't wait to see the gray pics. Thanks Mike

7. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Cool history your finding, Injected 427cu. :eek: Awesome!!! Would be great if you could get that moon tank.

8. trksmth

trksmth

Ya, I have some tanks, but just need some pics and I also have a 427 w/injection I could use if I can't buy the old 427. Mike

9. ERKEL

ERKEL

Last I was told the guy wanted $1500 for the short block and it needed to be rebuilt. The injection unit is long gone

10. trksmth

trksmth

If you wanted to PM me the contact info, I would like to see what the short block has done to in it and I may buy it. Thanks Mike

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Any new updates?

12. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

Hey Mike sorry I've been kinda slow replying but it's been a busy summer. Erkel is my brother and everything he is saying is correct. I think he knows how to contact the guy that has the engine. As far as the splash pan goes if you are getting the one that was on the car when it left Tennessee it is not the original it is off of my 55 I drove in high school ( still have that car) because I kept the splash pan with the welded brackets on it and it is hanging in my garage. If Erkel doesn't get you the picture I will be able to do it in about 2 weeks I am in the middle of preparing for my nostalgia meet DRAG BASH that is next Saturday.

13. trksmth

trksmth

Cool, I have been busy too. Let me know on the pictures and splash pan, the guy I got the car from wants a $100 for the splash pan and hinges. So I don't want to buy the wrong one. No hurry, when you find the time I'll check back.
    Thanks Mike

14. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

Dennis (org. owner) has a daughter left living in Morristown, Tn.
    He has 2 grandsons by his son "Tad-Pole" that live in Morristown too.
    One is a Cert. GM Mech. and works at Morristown Chevrolet. Robbie Heifner
    The daughter remembers the days of this car... as she is the only one from that era still around I think? (Elaine )
    My uncle told me one time that the color on that car (Blue) was from a 69-70 Nova. Blue Met.
    He worked at the Chevy Body Shop back then... (uncle)

15. trksmth

trksmth

Sorry, I missed this, I have been very busy. I'll check this out. Thanks for the info! Mike

16. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Somehow I missed this build. Mike, keep up the good work, as far the ASSHOLES are concerned-Read the Holish Bros. build thread, NEVER EVER, did I try to pass my build as the "Original" coupe. I even went so far as to state that I didn't want people thinking it was the original car. ENGINE, FUEL TANK yes. That why I put a #3 on the car with the OK from the entire Hollish Family.