Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. The tuck looks great laid out!!!! I dig it. I am starting to REALLY like this style Ford truck.

2. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

has the shop offered to correct the problems or offer some of your money back, the shop should not have a good reputation if the they this type of work out the door, if I was the owner and something like that slipped out the door I would bend over backwards to correct the problems to regain my reputation

3. Blake84

Blake84

They are fixing the problem absolutly. They were really understanding about bringin it in.....bringing in tuesday. I am hoping some people post some pics of their truck suspensions

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  4. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

To be honest with you dude, I would never go back. Anyone that lets a vehicle leave their shop with work like that ( weather a new guy did the work or not) should not be trusted. That setup is flat out dangerous. The look of your truck is too cool to ruin it in an accident. If I wasn't mobile at the moment, I would post some pictures for you.

5. Blake84

Blake84

Please do send pics

6. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

I'd use a 88-98 Fullsize Chevy 2WD front clip If i were you. Cheap, plentiful, and with drop spindles, they sit real low and are bag friendly.

7. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

he makes a good point, have you asked for your money back? if its a option I would take the money and move on to a different shop, if the owner is not willing to do that then you have the right idea of showing picture of exactly what you want, I would recommend you go to a bookstore or newsstand with a good selection of magazines and pick up Mini Truckin' and the other mostly bagged orientated magazines, it will be a great source of pictures and ideas

8. Blake84

Blake84

I am going to call today and talk to them. I dont know the difference between good welds and bad welds or whats right and whats wrong which sucks

9. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Fella obviously you need help. Surely there is someone on the HAMB that can support you and maybe go back to the shop with you. If you don't know what your looking at how are you going to know whats wrong?

The shop may have a good reputation but any manager/supervisor who let that go out the shop needs shooting.

If your thinking of taking pictures to show the guy what he should have built that says it all.

If someone did that to my car i damn sure wouldn't be going back again. Get your money back or threaten him with the car being safety checked and his ass being sued.

Great truck so dont give up the faith. If it means walking away and starting again, do it.

Good luck:cool:

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

I have to agree... if they couldn't weld correctly the first go around, I'm sure nothing has changed with their Welding skills. And if they let that go out of the shop, it wont' get any better the second go either!!

Glad you knew it was bad work!!

11. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Ive always liked those trucks. looks good! That AngryBirds wall is pretty funny too haha. Wheres that at?
    [​IMG]
    And good luck with the shop... I hope they step up.

12. Blake84

Blake84

Thats down by one of my properties in South Central (I do real estate investing and property managment I dont live anywhere near there :) Its off of Slauson and Figueroa area

13. chaddilac

chaddilac

Here's what the welds should look like... not like bubble gum!!

[​IMG]

14. Blake84

Blake84

Thank you. Now I know what I am looking for!

15. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

I would definitely push for money back. If you have to show them they dont belong doing it. There is always the BAR option. Bureau of automotive repair. Every auto repair shop most be registered. They are the IRS of the auto repair world.

16. chaddilac

chaddilac

Pretty much... It really doesn't take a pro welder to get welds like I posted. I took a votech class and my welds look like the pics. It's all in the machine setup and a steady hand.

Hope you get it taken care of! Keep posting and we'll keep helping you!!

17. Blake84

Blake84

18. 117harv

117harv

Scary stuff, no nylock nuts on the A arm bolts, and the welding, or lack thereof. If you lived closer i would help you fix it for probably just materials $$.

I hope you get some satisfaction out of these guys, how do these kinds of fabbers keep getting work:confused::cool:

19. Blake84

Blake84

What do you reccomend I have them change or do? Is the entire front end bad? I know I need shorter Lower and upper arms because my wheels sit out far. I also know the negative camber should be nowhere near how bad it is based on seeing other peoples cars. I know the top arms needs to be a different shape because I have hardly any turning radius. I'm not sure if stuff can just be repositioned? Or needs to be completely redone? I'll mention the locks on the a arm bolts. Any advice would be great so I can mention it when I drop off the truck. I APPRICIATE any advice

20. Blake84

Blake84

Here you can see the negative camber a little and notice the wheel toes out but only on passenger side. I want it to sit like the rear wheels but not sure how to correct the issue. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

21. Low57F100

Low57F100

"them"? did you pay some one to do this?

22. Blake84

Blake84

Yes I originally asked for a jaguar font clip and when I went to get it this is what was there and said this Is " a $4000 front end" and he felt more comfortable with this instead of the jaguar. The jaguar clip is sitting in the shop still. Is this front end salvageable if stuff is move around and welded correctly?

Here's where I went and the work looks great on the site

http://sikfabrications.com/

23. Blake84

Blake84

I was thinking about using AAA got 100 towing miles :mad:

24. Blake84

Blake84

to me the rear end looks great. The welds are really clean and nice and there is definitely a big difference in quality from front to rear. Anyone see anything wrong with the rear before I bring it in

P[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Not sure, but it looks like they left space on the front of the notch, and the tack welds on the bag mounts....are they still only tack welded?

26. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

Some people just shouldn't weld.

27. truck looks good dude, but id be on the phone with the shop. id have them come pick it up for you and take it to a good shop. i wouldnt let them touch that truck. thats some shady fab work on the front end dude.
    negative camber when the truck is laid out isn't a bad thing and itll prob have some. its when its at ride height that you dont want it. youll wear the tires out real quick

28. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

bags are for groceries! and bad ass cars and trucks lol. looks great!!

29. Blake84

Blake84

30. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Truck looks killer.

The rear end looks good to me, nothin stickin out.
    But it's like they gave up on the front end???
    Maybe had a "better paying job" roll in and pushed yours out quick n' dirty.

Either way, Its a real bummer that it happened to you, epsically after paying good $$$$
    I wouldn't drive it on the street, and im HONESTLY surprised they let it out of the shop.
    Its just too shoddy. (I don't expect world-class sema show winner stuff either!)

Idk man, its fuckin odd, like they just said "Fuck it" on the front :(