Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where to Find Cool Dash Switches

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeftCoastErik, May 18, 2012.

1. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

I searched all over here and maybe I am using the wrong terminology, but I can't find anything. I am looking for some cool switches that look vintage. Maybe they are switch covers or something, I am not sure. I have seen them in several customs and will ask the next guy where he got them. They look like glass or resin and are usually white with some color streaked in them. Where the heck do you get them?

Thanks!

2. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Moon sell them, just checked the catalog in the Kustom Accessories section. Called "Teardrops" come in various sizes. I know the ones your on about, moon ones are close but possibly not the ones. The ones I'm thinking of look like candy sweets.

Dan:cool:

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

From an old car or dash board.

If you want a brand new switch get a reproduction for the many different varieties available like an early Ford or a tri 5 Chevy, but you will need the knob etc. They are often available too. Old ones are probably better than a reproduction if you take it apart and clean the terminals. Back in the day we could identify the donor car by the shape of the knobs. We never threw anything out when building a hotrod.

4. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Will do Lee.thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

5. Tommy
    I think he is actually talking about dash knobs. Like those laminated ones we used to make in high school shop class.

Eric,
    Lots of suppliers of thos knobs, Nighprowlers, Moon and probably even Speedy Bill. You seem like a talented guy, if you want the real deal make your own like we used to do in high school shop class. Its not a big deal.

6. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Thanks PnB. The Knobs are what I am looking for. But my dash is a hodge-podge of switches and I also want to camoflage the AC and Fan switches for the Old Air I am trying to hide in the car, so I may need some switches to put the aforementioned knobs on. I might just try making them, could be fun

7. Fun is an understatement. I never owned a custom but I can remember hand polshing more than one set for my buddies that did.

Some of the switches that you want to hide can go in the glove box or behind the speaker grill. Under the seat is also a good place to hide a switch or two.

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

Get on ebay.... look up guitar knobs... :D

[​IMG]

9. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Guitar knobs are bitchin too! I already hinged the speaker cover so I could hide the radio and I figured the AC crap would go in there too. I am working on hinging the vents so that they will no be visible when parked

10. ilikeflatblack

ilikeflatblack
    from HASLET, TX

airplane junk yard

11. I'd like to see what you did there. I migh blatantly copy you :D

I checked your build thread, but no dice.

12. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

I will get some pics up