Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. Blake84

Blake84

****I KNOW SOME OF YOU HATE BAGGED VEHICLES***

However, this is my truck and I am building it to my taste. Its my 1959 Ford F100 with IFS, rack and pinion steering, power steering disk brakes, step notch and parallel 4 link. Drives, Handles and stops way better than before. Just thought I would share some pictures.

HERE'S A VIDEO. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING A WOODEN BED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUAPMH3AA2s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  2. grovedawg

grovedawg
    from Heber, UT

I love it! Good work!

3. TinShed

TinShed

Looks good, I would fix the gap between the cab and box. Do you have any suspension pictures?

4. Bad ass! I shouldnt have looked....haha. Now I want to do the same.

5. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

6. Blake84

Blake84

I am planning on fixing the gap......Also.....I need to shorten the lower A Arms and fix the top because you can see the tire rubbing. There are some issues that need to be fixed but you get the idea

Attached Files:

7. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

Those tie rod ends scare me...

8. Sprocket71

Sprocket71
    from Anna, Tx

Man, that's a gravy train with biscuit wheels right there. I dig it!

9. Blake84

Blake84

I have had many people mention that

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  10. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Where did you get that suspension? Was the bag angle designed that way for a reason? Not knockin just wonderin Because I would think the inside of the bag may wear a hole because of the angle it is at. I do realize they can be run at some pretty good angles and be Ok This one just looks a little extreme. Nice truck by the way I dig that style.

11. that looks tits man!

12. Beau

Beau

truck looks good. Bag mounts scare me.

13. TruckBizz

TruckBizz

Very nice! Congrats and enjoy!

14. 59SWB

59SWB

Love the look your truck now has! What kinda front end is that or was to begin with?

15. sinister 45

sinister 45

thats fuckin bad ass!

16. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

It looks great. But you need to angle the top mount a tad so that the bag doesnt get to that crazy angle.
    i would also do a little "tidying" on the whole crossmember welds. Not bashing you, you should see my first bag brackets! And that is why im tellin you this.
    Keep wrenchin

17. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

love the color and the patina, I was into air suspension back in 2000 when it hit the scene hard, everyone was doing it as it was the new fad and I personally did about 8 trucks with friends. Do you have better pictures of the top a-arm mounts, something looks wrong there, is it just single plate welded at 90 degrees? Can you give a closer picture of the weld on the support beam/crossmember under the frame rail, it looks like the weld is incomplete or a spot that was missed. You will need to fix the bag angle so its more inline with the suspension travel, you have a very dangerous situation waiting to happen, you have a responsibility to yourself and the innocent people on the road to make your ride safe and not a killing machine

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  18. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

you want the bag to sit completely flat when compressed... thats the biggest thing. The Firestone engineering handbook says that the top and bottom mounting plates can be as much as one inch, for every convolute, off from each other and still be considered acceptable.

Your welds need some help... just being honest. That part of it looks pretty scary.

19. ryno

ryno

not to be a dick , but that front end it scary. the bags are at fucked up angles, the welds look like shit and the tie rods......

20. kevo

kevo
    from Keller, TX

truck looks sick, but I agree... fix that bag angle... I've blown a bag at highway speeds, almost put my 4500lb car into the wall

21. Blake84

Blake84

I am taking the truck in on June 22 to the shop to have the entire front suspension fixed. I had it done at SIK fabrications in corona and had a feeling some things weren't right. I originally ordered a jaguar front end. Not until I picked it up did I discover he didn't do the jag front end because he said the jaguar front end was to narrow and he would have to section it....he said this was better because I have rack and pinion steering and has brand new disk brake set up.. I did question his work and ran into some issues as far as turning radius and the front wheels having too much negative camber when lowered. I realized the tire was rubbing the top arms when I turned and there is very little room to turn. I also realized the bottom and top control arms are too large and are causing the wheels in front to be about 2-3 inches out further then the rear. I also am having the bag angle adjusted... I questioned some of his welds and also questioned the welding of the tie rod ends. Thank you for your opinions because I don't know too much about suspensions but I want to to have little to no negative camber when lowered.

On a different note I'm building a wood bed and included a video of my progress and a video of the truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUAPMH3AA2s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

22. Voodoo Trucker

Voodoo Trucker

Ok, this is so dumb but....did I see this truck in the background of a recent "Devils Ride" airing on Discovery channel? And cool truck BTW, and it's ok to make mistakes, just try not to make the same ones again. Your next build with bags will be done much differently....right? :)

23. Blake84

Blake84

Don't believe it's in any discovery channel program...... I didn't build front suspension so I'm taking it back June 22 to have it fixed. I posted the picture expecting to get the response I got.

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that front end looks pretty shitty. I wouldn't trust the thinking of anyone who welded all that crap on the end of the rack like that.

25. crapshoot

crapshoot

your 59 looks good got any more pictures? big big fan of the late fifties ford trucks, but the front suspention work is a killer (not in the good way) sure hope you didnt pay anything for that work.

26. 510madmav

510madmav

In all honesty it needs to be removed, and completely re-engineered. I like your truck though.

27. Blake84

Blake84

Can you guys please attach some ford or chevy front suspension with bags so i can see What it should look like

28. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

In all honesty, i wouldnt bring it back to the same guy that did this.
    And what sort of excuse is that the Jag was too narrow? If that what you wanted that what he should have done, or at least call you b4 doin something totally diffrent.
    What is with these shops lately?

EDIT: OK, i googled SIK Fab. and looked at the shop pics. In all honesty ive seen some rather good work, and it totally escapes me how that came out of that shop. I wonder if he let the apprentice do it and didnt bother checkin it out.
    Let us know.

29. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

I like em lowered,but not bagged. cool truck tho.

30. Blake84

Blake84

I only went to that shop because of doing tons of research and based on what you saw on his site and talking to him on the phone this was my choice. Not to mention he gives a lifetime warranty on his work, that was a big reason as well.