Register now to get rid of these ads!

Almost a Barn Find.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Miayota, May 29, 2012.

1. Miayota

Miayota
    from 305

It is extremely difficult to any type of classic cars down in Miami, Fl. let alone a 1932 Ford AA truck. It belongs to an old widow whose husband passed away 20 years ago. After knocking on the door for several days she finally came to the door and gave me her sons number. He told me the truck belonged to his father and all the original sheet metal is in the attic, and that is the original frame as-well. He would selling it for $2500. The cab has been sitting there for over 30+ years and is pretty bad. I have a 289 V8 for a 68 Mustang at home. I have 3 Q's for you all:
    1)Do you guys think a nice Rat Rod / Channeled can come out of this cab? 2)Would an S10 frame work for this or the original frame would be better?
    3)If I spend a total of $7500. Would I be able to recoup my $ back if I ever sell it?

Attached Files:

2. That's not a '32.

3. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

And don't use the "R" word here please! This is a traditional Hotrod site.

4. 28-29 model A closed cab.

5. Lol.

Firstly i'd steer clear of the "Rat Rod" term around here. You'll get your ass handed to you for it.

Secondly thats not a '32, its a '28 / '29 Model A. Its hard to see in the first pic but the chassis next to it is probably the original chassis for it. It looks like a Model A chassis.

6. 2-TONED

2-TONED

28/9 ford.
    NO on the S-10 frame.
    2500 is too much!

7. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

if you put 7500 into it you should get about 3000 for it if you sell it..

8. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

rat rod and s10 frames are bad words on this forum, just a warning. As for the potential of the project, thats for you to figure out what your ability is, matched with funds. I wouldn't be looking at a body on the ground as a way to make your money back, more how much can you benefit from the build, like cruising it or pride of building it . good luck

9. screwball

screwball

oh just go for it you should be able to sell it at Barret Jackson for big bucks they love 32 Ford S-10 rat rods.

10. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

11. deto

deto

I like all your ideas. I think you should weld some rebar into spider webs and put those on the truck. Also skulls and iron crosses. Those are very traditional.

If you feel like going the extra mile paint the wheels red

12. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Is this for real?
    A. Barn find?
    B. calling an unknown a '32?
    C. Rat Rod?
    D. S-10?
    E. What's it worth?

Wheres HollieHolliday??!!??

13. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

somewhere out there people are being instructed to mount nice old bodys on s10 chasiss. how did this get started? please stop this maddness.

14. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Original frame? The frame next to the cab in the first pic looks like it has IFS already and Vette rims................................

BONUS!!!!

15. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

It looks like it already has the late model Vette wheels, thats a good start

16. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

Hell for that much, I'd try and get him to come off the price some and buy it. If the rest of the metal is in the attic it may be in good shape and the cab might be saved, haed to tell in your pics. Even if you change your mind someone would be interested in the parts. Save it from going back to the earth. See what else is stashed in the barn.

Just my 2 cents worth..

17. Ok to be real here, you should be able to buy that for somewhere around $500-$1500 bucks. Ditch the idea of an S-10, and never use the word "Rat Rod" again. They are just a bunch of shit put together to kill someone! Do some research on how to build a cool pickup on a budget without using junk that is not supposed to go on cars, and you will be set. If you plan on getting your money back out of it, I sure hope you are really talented with your hands, have alot of tools available, and can build most everything yourself. Just my $.02!

18. henry29

henry29

Those vette wheels aren't 30 years old

19. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

way far out! squaresville daddio!!!! roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. tinmann

tinmann

Miayota, welcome to the HAMB. Sort of a warm fuzzy place doncha think??

21. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Miayota,

You won't get any real help here now. You said "R**rod, and S-10, so you are now just getting dumped on. Restart HAMB under another name, or join the HAMB commenter protection program.

Also you might want to do an official Introduction, this might save you from the couch HAMBER police who monitor all threads. :p

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've seen a few nice builds on the HAMB that started with just a cowl and a dream. Depending on your skill level, it could be done. Good luck.

And RR's don't get a pass here!

Attached Files:

23. It should be worth about 900.00 or so there's a sucker born every min

24. rld14

rld14

Wait.. you said "Nice Rat Rod". That's like "Pleasant Cancer" or "Desirable rotted floors" or "Joyous root canal".

25. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Exactly.........

26. Thread is in a Death spiral.....

27. loranzo46

loranzo46
    from pa

No more than 1500 like miss B said. Use the original frame modify and stiffen it. Ditch the S10 idea. If he's owned that long should have title too. You can build a nice piece with that and call it a hot rod not the R word since that's a sin on here. Do a little homework to find out the real year search 28-32 ford trucks find the differences you can figure it out by searching. Just my 2cents!

28. forty7ford

forty7ford
    from Iowa

Lmfao, I'm gonna save that picture.

29. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im not gonna bash you.If your talents are put a body on an existing frame,Go with a 50's pickup with an s10 frame.The 29 cab is too narrow, Original frames are only good for parts.Square rails are cheap to buy...Frames need alot of knowledge and talent,Go for a 50's pickup////////With an S10 frame

30. S.F.

S.F.

thats not a 32 Ford, and S10 frames do not look good under model A bodies. Independent front suspension is ugly.