Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rumblefest Labor Day Weekend Amherst WI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, May 26, 2012.

1. krooser

krooser

Guess it's about time to get some shameless plugs in for Rumblefest.

Three Big Days...August 31st and September 1st and 2nd 2012. Held at the historic Portage County Fairgrounds, Amherst, WI.

Pre-'65 traditionally styled hot rods and customs. No billet... no modern wheels... cry baby dolls... car hop trays... you get the picture. No junk rods, shock rods, art cars, etc. We reserve the right to judge every car on an individual basis. Any hot rod or custom NOT meeting the show criteria will park in the "Special Reserved" section.

15 bands starting at 7PM Friday. Three stages... the Beer Garden for rockabilly, the Surf Stage is in the big Expo building and there will be a smaller stage for solo acts and maybe an acoustic deal or two.

The entertainment line-up includes.... The Trashmen (Yes...THOSE Trashmen)... The Del Moroccos, Kevin Fayte with the Rock and Roll Trio, Magnetos, Surf Zombies, Crankshaft and The Gear Grinders, Honeybees, Carmen Lee with The Tomorrow River Two, Revomatics, Skinny Jim and The #9 Blacktops, Thee Unholy Three, Crankshaft (solo), Roger and the Wraybands, Eddie Biebel and The Skylarks and Elle Mae and The Phantom Shakers. A great line-up for sure.

Plus... Mini-bike drags, vintage modified stock cars on the dirt oval, Hot Rod Hot Laps on the track. Roller Derby demonstration, dunk tank, Starlets NOT Harlots pin-up contest, kid's bounce house, swap meet, camping, fireworks, commercial vendors selling everything from hot rod parts to vintage clothing and more!

Friday night we will feature Faith Granger's great film "Deuce of Spades" at our drive-in movie. There will be a limited number of parking spaces for show cars but plenty of lawn chair seating. The show starts at dusk... about 7:30PM.

No show car entry fee... a weekend pass is just $15.00... daily admission $6.00 Friday..$8.00 Sat/Sun. Kids 15 and under free. Great food and cold beer.

All cars welcome... stockers/musclecars/sports cars/etc. will park in our "Special Reserved" section away from the regular parking lot.

We are working on a schedule of events right now so stay tuned for more info.

Visit us at www.rumblefest.net or www.facebook.com/rumblefestshow or call Rick @ 920-915-4946.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  2. Black Primer

Black Primer

The bird is the word !:D

3. krooser

krooser

Yes it is...

4. Can't wait for the festivities to begin.:cool:

5. ottoman

ottoman
    from Wisconsin

I just read about "mini bike drags" in your post. First time I saw it mentioned for Rumblefest. We just came back from winning the "Modified" class at the Rust Revival and since we are from Wisconsin Im interested in running. But I cant find any info on classes, track surface or track length... is it posted somewhere?

6. krooser

krooser

125'... 3hp/5hp/unlimited classes... on the clay track in front of the grandstands...$1,000,000 to win! Ok I lied about the million.

Must have a working brake that will STOP the bike and a good throttle return spring.

$15.00 to enter. Helmet required. Thinking of a minimum age of 14 with written consent form signed by parent or guardian.

7. ottoman

ottoman
    from Wisconsin

Cool sounding race but I would probably hurt myself if I tried to run it on clay... its a scary ride on asphalt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=HhsaSAeL-8o

8. krooser

krooser

9. That sounds fun I went threw portage this weekend on my home from up north. I will make the plans thanks much.

10. Hope you are not thinking that Rumblefest is being held at Portage because it's at the Portage County Fairgrounds in Amherst. :D

11. krooser

krooser

Amherst is 11 miles east of Stevens Point on US Hwy 10..... NOT in the city of Portage...close... no cigar!

12. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

That sounds good and not too far for me. I wonder if they'll let me in. Having Central Waters beer? It's brewed in Amherst.
    Tom:)

13. Packing the trailer now!! EHHHHHHHaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

14. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Have a good time at your show. Best of luck to you and your event.
    Sincerely,
    Your friends at WSRA Corn Roast @ Fond Du Lac.

15. t5stang91

t5stang91

be there sat and sunday to get my drink on and crawling back to the tent. :)

16. 32fordroadster

32fordroadster
    from Wisconsin

Will be there Friday and Saturday. Had a great time at Torque Fest this spring, this looks to be an equally good time.