Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Timonium 1974

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tommy, Jul 8, 2011.

1. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

I remember this coupe. It may already be mentioned here but I didnt see it. It was the "Delaware Kid" He sold it at the Colonial Williamsburg Rod Run in..im thinking 1978-9 ish?.. He was offered more than he could walk away from. (his words)

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

OL 55,
    I think they dubbed the two T's SUNKIST and MOONKIST they got alot of ink .
    I have to check I think 75 was my first one attending still goin.
    FRANK

3. That's correct and they're still around. I just saw Moonkist at the Ocean City show a week ago.

[​IMG]

4. ....I just wanted to correct a mistake I made last year in this thread. The owner of the model A is Roger Elliott, not Shifflett as I incorrectly indicated earlier (old age). He hung around with some Shiffletts in the Alexandria, Va. area and still owns the same Model A today, in fact he had it inside the Armory at last yrs. Jalopyrama. Sorry for the misinformation. Getting old is not all it's cracked up to be.:)

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

6. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Hey I still have my stroker hat with the buttons

7. Here's what's left of my dash plaque......

[​IMG]

8. Been almost a year (time flies) since this thread was active. Just wanted to bump it back up 'cause it's got some great history in it and some newer folks may have never seen it. If anyone has any additional photos or stories from the period, please feel free to add them in....................Don.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

We were just discussing this last Friday evening.WMSRA was incorporated just after the Timonium run.2013 will be our 41st year as a club.We hope to have a display of the early days at this years RoundUp.
    And yes,"Rod Jousting" is still alive and well at our event.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  10. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

What years was the event at Timonium? I went there once and still have a ton of pics somewhere. It was the first time I actually saw lots of hot rods in person.

11. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Wow that yellow 40 Willys coupe is my car. Its now the S/G car of Tom Goldman from PA.

Pat

12. .........That's the reason I wanted to bump this thread back up, so folks who may not have seen it the first time around could enjoy it. If you still have some old photos of your Willys please post them on here......Don.

13. pitman

pitman

Went in '74 in the A coupe, and again in '76? in my brother's '30 C-cab A.
    Great to see so many pics.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. If anyone has more pics from this era, or stories to tell, please post them up. We would all enjoy them...Thanks, Don.

15. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I went to Timmonium every year till they moved to York and I moved to Arizona. Loved that place and the "bull roast". Thats Gerry Burger of "Rodders Digest" painting the car when we lived on LI and were in the same club, Vintage Tin of LI

Pat

Attached Files:

16. Great stuff. Thanks for taking the time to post your photos.

17. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I just got done checking out this thread. Nice pics, everyone, thanks Don, for bumping this back up. Don.

18. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Regarding Bill Kaufman's Plymouth coupe, Dave Buete (Frederick, Md.) owned the coupe for a period of time years ago. I believe he sold it at York? Don't know where it went.

19. Thanks for that update, Mike.

20. 41hemi

41hemi

Our club, Vintage Tin of Maryland, ran the rod repair shop at Timonium. I used to tow a Lincoln welder there painted the same yellow color as my 41 Chevy coupe. Still have the car however it is now maroon. I remember soldering a radiator for a guy that had a twin turbo T that was purple. Also helped Bill Shepard change front brake pads on his T. Bill still has the T. Real nice memories from my youth:eek:

21. Thanks for that update, Al. Great memories from when we were all a bit younger......Don.

22. Timonium 1974

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. more

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  24. Doug Kaufman's '38 Sedan Delivery at lower right in the photo above. He's owned it forever!

25. Ron Francis' '37 Woody in the upper left photo.

26. You are a fountain of knowledge!!!I like it...

27. .........The water in this fountain is sadly getting a little stagnant.

28. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like Daryle or Dwayne Rodgers '34 cab from Central Penn Street Rods, upper right in both sets of pics. Great times, my dad and I were there early '70's till York. I took a bunch of Polaroids,gotta figure out how to post them,one of these days.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  29. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Thanks for the update on Kaufmans coupe.I would still love to know if it is still around.I belive i have old pics of Kaufmans delivery at Columbus Oh in the early eighties.I belive it had Halibrands on it it then.

30. .....Thanks for the ID on the '34. It was a very nice car. It would be right at home at any event to this day.

bowie likes this.