Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What Is The Hamb????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, May 22, 2012.

1. spiders web

spiders web

I had a guy ask me what it was and noticed he was a chevy guy. I told him it was Canadian bacon. Hahahahhahah!

2. Ya, you meet some good people on here!

3. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

What Planet are you from ???? :confused::confused::confused: Larry

4. It was at one point a place for like minded rod and custom builders to share information and camaraderie along the lines of traditional rod and custom building. Then in '03 some ass hat whom I decline to name, that would be sept '03 to be exact, signed up and the whole place went to the dawgs.

I think that the HAMB has a different meaning to different people. For example it is my major means of contact with the outside world. I am not house bound by any means but nearly all my friends are gone. Not to complain most "friends" are only aquaintences anyway.

I learn things on here that I either never knew or have forgotten, that is a good thing. Never the less for the most part I have contact with like minded people who I have grown to consider to be friends. Its not the same as eating and bull shitting face to face but it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

There are more folks signed up on the HAMB than I would like to count and on any given day if you ask any one of them you will get a different answer as to what the HAMB is. Different spots for different dots I suppose.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  5. Colville

Colville

Driving my olds back home keeps me sane...
    Being in the garage doing anything car related keeps me sane...

Being in the Air Force, sometimes we deploy. Right now I'm in Afghanistan for 4 months.

No nice drives in the olds, no time in the garage.

While I'm here the HAMB keeps me sane and fulfills my automobile addiction. Whether its a build thread or just an interesting discussion... its with my kind of people and i LOVE it!

And the evening video chats with the wife is nice :)

So thanks to the all of you who make this a daily escape from this god forsaken hell hole here.

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember the 'beating' I got when I joined, back then I was younger and full of myself. Now I'm older and full of my self, though I must admit the 'beating' was not all that bad.
    On posting into the Army Parachute School, we were doing a free fall jump. I was standing on the ramp of a DHC-4 Caribou watching the Jump-Master and waiting for the signal to go when I was suddenly propelled out into the wild blue yonder, about 5km from our DZ. I found out later that it was one of my best friends in the world that gave me the shove on the RSM's word.
    That was a fucking long walk back, you look like a real dickhead in jump suit and parachute under arm walking down the side of the road.
    So I guess its all perspective just how bad you take a so called beating, if your offended by the taunts here it may just be time to fuck off.

Doc.

7. I guess he could have said:

Hardly
    Any
    More
    Butt heads (will fit)

But that just wouldn't have been appropriate at all, true but not appropriate. :rolleyes:

8. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

you should have seen it 5-10 years ago!

it used to be a right of passage to be bashed. if you couldn't handle it, you didn't belong.

now it seams that a bunch of self proclaimed know it alls just want to govern what is built. even if you don't like what a guy is building, at least help him with his question. in the end, we all need help at some time.

-danny

9. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

what do you mean 2003? i joined in 2005!:D

-danny

10. Hell Danny I probably called you an ass hat at least once myself.

But just in case ass hat ass hat ass hat. :D:D:D

Well I'm glad we got that out of the way. Hell there was a time that folks referred to their beating as a warm welcome and if they didn't get it they felt like they didn't fit in. Hell I got called fuck you 'beaner so much I began to think it was a screen name.

11. Muttley

Muttley

I didnt sign up until November. ;) :D

12. Ding

13. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

The best 13.7 cents a day that I spend!

I can't understand guys with "Grenade Inspector" status with hundreds of posts and mulitple cars saying they "joined". They just signed up. WTF

newbies I get it
    stick around for awhile to see if the HAMB is for you before joining

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Exactly

15. The HAMB is just like my grandfather.... Equal amounts of mind blowing knowledge and baffling bullshit :) This place feels like home to me because I built hot rods with him when he was still alive and like this place he would help anyone with any problem if you were gracious and did not waste his time. So truly in so many ways, this place has always been familiar.

I know I am officially a semi-new guy but I lurked for years before signing up and the HAMB has pulled me through several builds of my own.

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's a place where older folks can spend time on the computer, worring about younger folks spending time on the computer.

Oh...and traditional hot rods and customs.

17. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

enfieldjoe asked about topper tags. Was lucky I got mine last year. Just checked the store and again THERE AINT NONE!! What gives?? You got to have an existing mold for these things. Is this a back door, home garage project?? I get the same interest put to me about the HAMB. It's sure a "BRAGGING" thing to promote the HAMB. Where the hell are the basic HAMB T-SHIRTS. I have yet to be able to see one with a nice big HAMB logo front and back or a small pocket logo on the front and a large on the back. Let's get one out there. You damn sure wont get stuck with them. Red and black shirts available with a simple white print , maybe grey (not white)with a red logo print. I would think it would be good $$$$ maker, even to donate profits to a good charity. Not familiar with the legal structure of the HAMB. (Pres. VP Sec. Treas, etc) if there are any.

18. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So true. The present HAMB is the limp wristed shadow of its former self. Were there some injustices done to FNGs in the past?

Yes, and they were funny as hell.

19. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

VERY WELL PUT SAXMAN. You covered it quite well. Ditto!

20. This thread gay as flute tuner in san francisco.

Attached Files:

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Man you really don't have a clue after 2 years do you? :eek: Limited edition runs. And the HAMB shirts are at http://jalopyjournal.myshopify.com/
    You get what Ryan decides it's time for. If you don't like it tough. And you don't make things with the HAMB logo without Ryan's permission. He is the OWNER. And this is his lively hood.

"Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in."

Easy enough. ;)

22. Preach it El Cab & Zman!

Ngo Long Dong, I thought you'd be a capitalist by now!!!

23. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

As yall can see im a "newbie" myself. Though i joined about 3 years ago im still very careful about what i say. Not that im scared of some keyboard bully but i would like to earn the respect of my fellow hot rodders. I enjoy reading things and learning and seeing the pictures of some really cool TRADITIONAL hot rods and yes.....I too sometimes get frustrated with seeing pictures of Billetmobiles from corporate shows...

24. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You are living proof, that any ASSHOLE can sign up on the HAMB and think they belong !!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

25. slammed

slammed

Uhhh, calm down^^^^ The dude is like another GERM.

26. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

He probably doesn't know who Germ is either.

27. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

28. Bwaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaa!!!!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  29. 6bt

6bt
    from omaha ne

My son lived on this site for years, first thing in the morning, last thing at night.Many times with me looking over his shoulder. Sometimes for the knowledge sometimes for the humor.He is gone now and I am building a driver with some of his parts.I come here now for information and help.You tough guys sure have big hearts You have reachad out to my wife and I in the worst of our times since his passing. You have no idea how much your thoughts and actions mean to us. so its rods and so much more. thank you .......Bob & Chris RIP Left Turn

30. Labold

Labold

Usually people think I am into Hamm radio when they see my plate topper.