Register now to get rid of these ads!

Our new Willys race car finally sees the light of day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ardyboy, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ardyboy

ardyboy

we're sneakin up on the program. leaned the engine out just a hair and tweaked the timing. 9.66 at 135

[​IMG]

2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Great looking car, real cool looking

3. Impressive, you guys aren't messing around, hitting it every weekend now ?

4. Sweet John........that is just one "bad ass" ride brother....can't wait to hear it rolling into the ELTA Party in August.

5. ardyboy

ardyboy

Mark---We'll be there...keep a Bud on ice!!! lol

6. ardyboy

ardyboy

Phil... We wanted to get a couple more laps on it before Beaver Springs just to shake out the new car bugs. We'll take next weekend off to go watch the racing at Thompson on Sat. and catch up on house chores on Sun. It seems like summer is coming at us at the speed of light.

7. I believe I owe you at least 24 Buds on ice John....lol.......can't wait to hear you rubble down the street outside our shop.

8. ardyboy

ardyboy

It's been a while and we've torn up a few parts but here's a shot from this years opening race with the Gasser Racing Series. New Kresman power and switch to alcohol. The Hunter seems happy.

[​IMG]

9. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looks great John. Alcohol huh. Can't wait to see you at Thompson.

10. ardyboy

ardyboy

Still shootin for it Wanda. Taking a little gear out of it this week for the 1/4 mile.

11. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

With that combo 4.56's should work great, thats what I ran in my BBC Injected stuff

12. ardyboy

ardyboy

Micky --we're up around 7k at the stripe with 4.56's. Wouldn't mind bringing that number down a little bit. we thought we would try a set of 4.30's that we had our hands on.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  13. ardyboy

ardyboy

This past weekend at the Thompson reunion. When we switched to alcohol we replaced the rad with a new fuel tank. We used a trans cooler as the new rad but it stuck out just a half inch too far so we had to cut the old grill out to make room. Our friend Gary made the roof panel and door panels out of pieces of an aluminum street sign and he had a piece big enough to form us the new grill. We spaced it out far enough to clear the cooler. I thought it looked pretty cool once we got it mounted.

Attached Files:

14. ags41dave

ags41dave
    from midwest

got to breifly say hi in the stageing lanes at Thompson,looking good,Dave

15. ardyboy

ardyboy

thanks Dave. Don Moyer and I were thinking you need a blower and injector for that pickup of yours...lol

16. ags41dave

ags41dave
    from midwest

Yes, he mentions that often,I'm having to much fun the way it is now,so I'll just have to do another one more power,think about coming down to Norwalk for the Blue Swede Cruise I think it's going to be huge with gasser's.Dave

17. ardyboy

ardyboy

We have it on our calender Dave. I loved racing on that track. My son has never been down it. We're looking forward to it.

18. ardyboy

ardyboy

Been a little while since I put anything up. We've had a busy and great summer. We raced a little up here in Canada and crisscrossed from Norwalk, OH to Epping, NH. Had lots of fun with lots of good friends..both old and new. Here's a cool shot of the burnout at Epping. Pic was taken by Jim Madigan. We qualified #2 in D/G(9.5) but that good air at sea level on Saturday played games with us. Car ran 9.42 on the brakes for the double breakout loss.

[​IMG]