Register now to get rid of these ads!

60s Vans making come back?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radical Dave

Radical Dave

Lovin' it mate ! Especially the monster art on the side's they are outer sight man ! Oh and well done on getting rid of those shit modern wiper blades geezer. Nice one !

Dave.

2. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Feel the same way about stupid signoff lines with obvious 3rd grade level errors in them.

3. RayVan

RayVan

My constant work in progress.... 1964 Ford Econoline Panel. Completely gutted at the moment- interior motor and all. Doing a semi restoration..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. RayVan

RayVan

Took this pic when I was in Denver last year

[​IMG]

5. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Uniformed bro. Get some facts and come back. It would not be here for 50 plus pages if it wasn't worthy. Here's an idea, read the thread and learn something. Oh wait you know it all.

6. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Hey new guy, what's your beef? FNG now tells us what belongs? You in charge now? No one cares what your small mind thinks. 50 pages, moderator ok with it, mainly 60s. Go bother someone else.

7. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

vans aint for everybody, let them hate, more for us

8. Vans are good,,motocycles are good..4x4s are good..BUT NOT ON THE HAMB...

9. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

says the close minded people, how is a 60's van different than a 60's passenger car, or a truck?? its not, theyre still old iron and if you dont want to accept that then you are missing out on all the fun

10. Why don't you guys let Ryan decide if vans are appropriate.....you know.....the guy that owns this place

11. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Why dont you guys go pick on the ramblers and other cars that were not popular in the 60s and still on the HAMB! Why all the concern about 60s vans!? They were at Bonneville, at the drag strip, being customized at hot rod shops (one of them being my grandfathers & uncle garage) so dont tell me they have no place!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE THEM....DONT READ ABOUT THEM!

12. 4406

from Oklahoma

There are alway's those guys that have to be a little BITCH!! KSNPVMT your van is BAD ASS. Have any pic's of the front suspension? I want my 108 on the ground.

13. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

14. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

no they're not. but for a lot of us vans never went anywhere. for me they were a way of hauling my dirt bike, drum set, p.a sysyem, b3 hammond,a place to sleep at the beach, and still tinker with, tries, rims, engine,pipes, we did'ent all roll with fireplaces,aquariums,chandeliers.

15. mothradeath

mothradeath

im saying if you dont like punching yourself in the nuts.........then dont. if you dont like vans or anything that has to do with them......dont look at the 2 threads out of 50 thousand that have to do with them on here. its not rocket science. i said it before.....theres a frigging avanti thread on here for christs sake!

16. Agas Ride

Agas Ride
    from Ohio

54 Pages seems to say that it is / was OK!..

17. 4406

from Oklahoma

Thanks man LMK on the 108 parts.

18. Church

Church
    from South Bay

19. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Heey,aint nothing wrong with a Rambler! and I dig the old vans too btw :cool:

20. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

I just sold my my 62 Rambler Deluxe....I like em too. Just making a point.....

21. Piewagn

Piewagn

Always loved the Van scene, this thread brings back some great memories! This is my '66.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. outlaw256

outlaw256

first let me say that i love the 60s vans. really like the straight axle ford and dodge ones the best. now with that said this place is a traditional hotrod sight.not vannin. vans have nothing in common with a 32 ford or a 63 rambler for that matter.as cool as they are they were not used for hotroddin or drag racing( there were a few that were but few and far between.) im not talkin out of my ass, i was out there then and still out there.if the boss dont shut the post down then i aint gonna say nothing. if hes cool with it hell i got no room to bitch. it is his house.but if they let in vans then whats next.74 novas. i got one. and id love to show it off here. but it doesnt belong here so off to some where else with its pics.i have a few cars built after the 64 cut off. all cool but not what the boss says flys here.i have alot more before 63 but some not hamb freindly so i keep them out of here.dont try to pass them off as bein g part of the hotrod way because they werent. they were used mostly to haul our asses or parts.like i said before a few raced but not many. most of them were used by the hippies or vanners but not hotrodders.ill read all the post that are put up here.thats how you learn.ill not get in a pissin match with you about old vans on the hamb. but tellin someone if they dont like it dont read it . is showing disrespect for what the hamb stands for, and that is traditional hotrods and customs.which i would be willing to bet thats not what the boss has in mind about his sight.now after all that are we still good?and remember this, if this post gets to far off base or starts to cause trouble between people they will shut it down..

23. We got a couple of winner deals at $300.00 for the van and $600.00 for the compact pickup! The window sticker was on the van.

Attached Files:

24. outlaw256

outlaw256

now this one i like , alot.clean and right stance. and the cragars set it off!! but i hate them ugly ass mirrors.lol

25. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

Here is mine from 1979 just after I bought it. I sold in 89' and haven't seen it again.

Attached Files:

26. Any one want a set of tinted roof vents like in Piewgns 66 they are used in good condition doubles $12 pk my flavor. come & get them in MO. 65779;)

27. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

here's my 64 panel.

Attached Files:

28. KSNPVMT

KSNPVMT
    from St George

Awesome....love those wheels!

29. back2thewoods

back2thewoods
    from ct.

a little fun with airbrush

Attached Files:

30. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

I think he has by letting this thread go on for 50 pages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.