Register now to get rid of these ads!

american graffiti question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoo, May 24, 2012.

1. Muttley

Muttley

Now you've done it..................you just had to go and mention Chachi didnt you?

[​IMG]

2. magoo

magoo

I'm not a geek.I was just thinking about marking the 50th anniversary of a fictional event. (I suppose that is a BIT geeky) It would be better if I could get the time more exact than just the year

3. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

,,,,,,Whats a Chachi ?,,,,

4. Orlando1701

Orlando1701

I think it's the automotive equivalent of people who spend days picking apart Star Wars movies.

5. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

It's identical, if you consider they're all Lucas creations. Or abominations, depends on your point of view I guess.

OP- if you're planning on marking the 50th anniversary of a fictional event, then whatever you plan to mark the occasion must also be fictional.

6. If you will remember, where were you in 62 the last night of summer, where were you in 62. But if we want a real stumper what two songs were not on the sound track
    released ? and what was newest car in the movie ? it was not a 63 much newer

7. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Split-window Vettes were just beginning to trickle out and the 327 was ONE year old! DD

8. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

The station wagon in the junk yard? Thought I saw a '70 something Ford wagon in the junkyard.....

9. scrappybunch

scrappybunch
    from nj

Two Lane Blacktop.. just listen to the muncie

10. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Anyone know the humidity that weekend? Or what way was the wind blowing those days? I can't tell by just watching the film.... This is way to serious a discussion for a movie

11. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

I've always wondered why those old folks were out so late when Toad is puking.

12. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Now there's a deep thinker! :)

13. Hey! Shouldn't this be on the "Look but don't touch" thread? hahaha...

14. madmike8

madmike8
    from Tennessee

They were not out late... They were up early!

Stick up a yard sale sign, and they will be looming like zombies in the twilight in your front yard mumbling, "Early bird gets the worm."...

15. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Gee...Louie, I don't remember. Will these questions be on the new Graffiti board game???

16. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

The best Star Trek VS American Graffiti comparison I have ever heard was some guys were wondering about the paint color and someone saying that you should ask Milner and the reply was "Asking Paul Le Mat what color the coupe was is like asking Captain Kirk what the Nylon to Polyester blend of their uniforms were" or something to that effect. Love that Hamb Humor. Keep it up guys!!!!

17. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

'68 Caprice?

Question without an answer (that I know of): What was that slow, sad country song that was playing inside the liquor store? It's not on the soundtrack or the credits.

18. Orlando1701

Orlando1701

The swingers club had just let out.

19. He wanted to dance since it was their last night together for three month. He would be back at Christmas.

Three months before Christmas would be September.

20. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I always thought it was the last weekend of the summer of 1962. Labor Day weekend or possibly the weekend after. School hop, and they were leaving town to go to college the next day. The end of that part of their life, the end of childhood, the old group that had grown up together and gone to school together breaking up forever. Milner to show what happens when you stay behind.

Ha ha there was a green 68 Chev full size sedan in one of the street scenes. It was only on for a split second but it was there.

"I've always wondered why those old folks were out so late when Toad is puking."

It wasn't so late, maybe 9 or 10 at night? They were buying a bottle of gin so they could go home, drink Martinis and slow dance to Benny Goodman on the Hi-Fi.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  21. fogs58

fogs58
    from ooo

Thanks for all these answers. I questioned the timing of the dance in relationship to it being what I thought late summer. The old people watching Toad puke, I just figured was old alkys out on the town. I dont consider myself a grafittidiot but....the movie came out before I had my license and I walked to the theater 4 straight nites in a row to watch it lol. I have no idea how many times i"ve seen that movie. I still pull up the scene on youtube where Milner and Falfa goad each other into the street race, light to light. One of my favorite parts in the movie.

22. Hotweel

Hotweel

Just watched American Graffiti again with my girl friend, she said she's watch it again with me if I promised not to talk and tell her all the trivia that I've learned over the years. It was hard but I did it! By the way, if your girl doesn't dig AG, I'd start looking!!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! IT'S MOVIE! I'd post as much if it didn't contribute to this thread! Oh, wait....

24. cla55ic

cla55ic
    from Nevada

" . . . what was newest car in the movie ? "

Maybe this one . . .

[​IMG]
    1967 Citroen 2CV

Yeah, I know, it's French, but it's still technically a car . . .