Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Look but don't touch"....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cmarcus, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlotraf

dlotraf

I find this funny. Not because someones on your car, but because they (wives, girlfriends) go nuts cause some (chick) is on your car. But my personal expierence says that, at least in my case, if it was a 20 something Chip N Dale type, shirtless dude with a twelve pack on the same car.............. well she wouldn't say anything, not counting the ummmmmmmmmm, and the following stare........................

Seriously, Trailer Queen, or Rat Trap if it ain't yours don't touch the mother............ That's the way mine brought me up.:D

2. No man, in that scenario she would have been in anyone's face regardless of sex, race, age or mental capacity.

3. cmarcus

cmarcus

First off, never thought I would cause such controversy. For those of you offended, I apologize. For those of you who understand, thank you.

I guess the idea was that I know (most) of us build our cars to be driven, and if we are going to drive them to a car show, as many of you have said, you are not going to be able to help stupid people in our society who are going to disrespect property no matter what. But we still bring our cars to the shows anyways, right?

The simple idea was to have a fun sticker - something to set apart from the crowd - because I want people to enjoy what I enjoy - the smells, the sight, the sound, etc. Humans will be humans, and do what they do. Sign or no sign, invite to touch or not, people will. It was for fun, so again, thanks for the many stories it has sparked, memories triggered. And please understand, no harm was meant.

Keep on roddin',

4. I came out of a coffee shop to find some one sitting in my car a few months back..... I'm a its not mine so I don't touch kinda guy myself but I let the guy off with a warning that 99% percent of the people I know would knock him upside the head or worse for that and he is better off just looking at someone else's ride.

His face when I asked him if I can help him was priceless though :)

5. I had someone try to take the road maps out of my glove box at a show once. The maps were put in the glove box in 1959 when the truck was driven to California on route 66 from Oklahoma for a family vacation. "They're just old maps" was his excuse after denying that he had them in the first place. I was lucky that one of my 6.5 foot tall 280 pound buddies caught him. The maps have penciled notes on them about where Hugh and Jenny camped and sights they saw on the trip. The maps are in my file cabinet with the original papers and manuals that came in the truck now. I am the second owner on my 1958 Apache SWB.

6. Irishman

Irishman

Anytime I go to formal or informal gatherings, I wouldn't dream of touching someone else's car. That's more because I know how much work some guys put into their finish....and it's kinda rude. I guess the uneducated just see a shiney cool ride and think the owner just runs it through the whirlygig car wash to keep it looking that way.

There again, my kids have been known to suffer compound fractures on their hands when I bring them due to extreme hand holding.

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'm not overly protective of my 27, I built it to drive and use, but I do have limits to what I think is acceptable. I have come out of work and found German tourists sitting in it taking pictures of each other, and I let them know I didn't give them permission to do it so it was verboten. I also had to mention to a guy at Billetproof to please remove his beer bottle that he had set up on top of my Son's rear tire. (Who does that ??????:mad:)

I've kinda stopped going to local shows, maybe I've done it too many years and am just bored with them, but I don't care for the way some non car type spectators treat the cars on display. They act as if the cars are a ride at Disney and there for them to do whatever with. One other thing I have never liked at shows is people who bring dogs on leashes and kids on skateboards.

When I am admiring someone elses car I always stand back with my hands folded behind my back and make sure I don't touch it in any way........that is just respect and the way I was taught to do things.

Don

8. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Guilty! Many years ago (before raising kids mellowed my temper) I took my '69 GTX to pick up a pizza, the order was called in ahead of time but it wasn't quite ready when promised. No big deal, I hung around for about 5 minutes then stuck my head out the door to check on the car. Much to my dismay some teenage kids were hanging out in the parking lot and one of them was half assed sitting on my hood. I asked if it was his car, when he said "no" I said that if he knew what was good for him he would get his ass off my car, which he did. I went back in to get my pizza and when I walked out he was sitting on the hood again. WTF? I set down the pizza and forcefully removed him from the hood. He sat bleeding on the sidewalk surrounded by his wide eyed buddies as I drove away. Some people are slow learners...

9. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

I have had several great experiences with this . I was at a local cruise one weekend and me and a few friends were up on the porch of the restaurant that hosted it having a beer. Some kids drove in in a couple of beaters. We looked then continued our conversation. A few minutes later I took a look over to my car. One of them was in the drivers seat playing with everything, another had opened the hood and ws poking around. I took off across the parking lot. This sort of thing can get you a punch in the nose but I just verbaly laid into them. Somehow they thought this was ok to do!?? I had my ride at a local show held every year at one of those huge flea Markets. Never again! There are just too many non english speaking types pushing shopping carts, baby strollers, pulling wagons and hearding all their little kids. One kid used my front fender as a ramp for his hot wheels car, another took a flying leap, planted a foot on the door and pulled himself through the drivers door window. His moron parents failed to understand why I was so pissed off!

I have trained my son to respect everyones ride at a show or cruise no matter what it might look like, it is someones pride and joy .

10. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

Maybe it is your timing?

11. adam401

adam401

Don't touch my car and keep that ugly tattoed bitch off it too.

12. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I think if a car had a magnet or stick that says "dont touch" people would touch the shit out of it. If the stick said "please touch this car" i dont think many people would touch it. I for one wouldnt, id be sure it was gunna shock me or shoot water at me. Or someone annoying is gunna bug me.

On a similar note. i was at a car show talking to this guy that had a supercharged flathead when all of a sudden hes grabbing for his keys. I look over at his car and someone has there hand on the grill and there looking in the ruby eyes of a mac truck bulldog. He gets his keys out and hits a button on the fob and squirts this kid right in the face. There was a window washer with the line ran to the mouth of that dog. I couldnt stop laughing. He then suckered some people to look at the dogs eyes, mostly kids and women. good times.

13. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

God this brings up an awful, awful memory. I was at a big show with alot of concours cars there. My son was 2 and I was showing him the oldies.

Never. NEVER take your eye off your children! I looked in an interior for 5secs and turned around to see him banging his sippie cup on the door of a '53 Buick Skylark conv. All the blood drained from my face and I couldn't reach him fast enough!

I inspected that thing BUT good, and luckily - nothing. I'm still mortified every time I remember that.

14. Truckedup

Truckedup

These don't touch threads make me smile.To a lot of people,it's just a car,like an appliance but better to look at.They really don't know or care,like kids they point and touch.Some people will hand you a baby like it's some doll ...
    I've always had old trucks with a well used appearance from being used.I see people looking in the open window when it's parked,their hands behind them so they don't get greasy fingerprints on the truck.Or more likely, get their fingers greasy from touching my truck.:D Once in awhile someone asks if they can sit behind the wheel.No problem.It's good to see someone's hand feeling the worn steering wheel.An elderly woman touching the door handle and remembering learning to drive on a truck like this when it was nearly new.

15. Model T1

Model T1

16. If I am at the car- talk to me- I may even let you sit in it- most of the shows I attend the parents are pretty good about reminding the children to not touch-

The toucher who really gets my goat is the BJ guy- everyone else has gloves on except him- he is a total jerk IMO-

I enjoy talking to folks but do not hang right at my car- not sure what might be going on when I'm not there- usually park by friends and we all keep an eye out for misbehaving-

17. "Don't touch my car....Punk, and while we're at it,
    "GET OFF MY LAWN!!"
    [​IMG]

some one had to do it.

18. I don't put my cars in shows but if I see someone who is obviously not the car owner using more then their eyes to look at a car at a show, then I tell them to stop.......even my girlfriend tells people or kids to stop.

19. Heo2

Heo2

why does stupid mouth breathers have
    to lay there stinky fingers on other peoples
    cars or other property ????????????
    Show car,trailerquen,rustbucket or whatever
    Real stupid topic that come up now and then
    and always brought up by some one thats
    not mind people touching there car and want
    to bee celebrated as a hero for that

20. I Drag

I Drag

So everyone agrees, and I agree with everyone. Don't touch what isn't yours. That said, let me tell you a story:

30 years ago, when I was a young pup, I owned a '58 Impala. I was a pile underneath, but it looked fantastic topside. I brought it to a small car show. After awhile, I see a teenage kid with his hands all over my car. He's running his hands all up and down the whole car, grubbing up the trim, etc. This kid's going: "Wow this is a beautiful car!" etc. There's another guy with him holding onto his arm. About the time I'm ready to blow up and tell these guys whats what, I realize the kid is TOTALLY BLIND.

I never said a word.

21. milner142790

milner142790

This is one of the things that was plastered into my head as a young kid. coming from a family of car people and religiously going to car shows... I KNEW better then to EVER touch someones car..... with or without permission. Stupid people dont realize how much time, money,and effort people put into their rides, and we dont like emm to get all smudged/scratched up because some greasy fair pizza eatin fool decides he wants to "LOOK WITH HIS HANDS"

Keep your dick beaters off my car!

22. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Its not the best ,
    But its mine...

I was taught Not to touch other people stuff..

And I don't want others to touch my car . Thank you very much...
    I'll be nice ,for a little while ,then NOT so much.
    I don't need a sticker to say its not yours ,DON'T TOUCH.

23. every situation is different, your response or reaction to touchers has to be handled differently. obviously kids just don't know, so they need to be told nicely, the parents shouldn't be yelled at. they should be informed. life is short, choose your battles wisely.
    i get paid to touch peoples cars.

24. Came out of grocery store once and "dad" was letting his kid of about 4 drive the jeep standing on the seat swinging the wheel. Honk honk
    Me : what the ... !?!
    Dad : oh it's just fun
    Me : that your Mercedes?
    Dad: yes
    Me: give me the keys I want to have fun too
    Who knew that a four year old kid could save a grown man from getting choked out?
    Always impolite to injure a parent in front of a toddler

25. Model T1

Model T1

obviously kids just don't know, so they need to be told nicely, the parents shouldn't be yelled at. they should be informed. life is short, choose your battles wisely.

Kids should know. The parents are supposed to teach their kids right from wrong, whether at a car show or the Mall. !
    The parents sometimes need to be yelled at.
    Yes, every situation may be different. But watching kids and adults with dogs on leashes wandering between old cars, kids on skateboards and bikes doing the same. Kids climbing and sitting on cars, parents doing the same, is disrespectful and just not right.
    It is much worse here in Florida because so many people think every old car is a Disney ride to use and abuse.
    Maybe the kids don't know. But it's time they learned.

Always impolite to injure a parent in front of a toddler
    What better way to teach them right from wrong!

I may sound like a hard-assed old fart. But we do let kids and adults sit in our cars to play and for pictures-----if we give permission or they ask.
    I don't touch another man's wife's tits unless he gives me permission!

26. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

After a couple of episodes/confrontations with Buffy and Brad letting their scruffy offspring play vroom-vroom on my FXLR, I zip-tied an old empty leather holster to the tank strap ... never happened again that I saw. Not that I'd recommend it given where some of you folks live, but hey, this is Arizona.

27. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i always liked this one..a pic of the photographer taking pictures of uuumm, girls i guess on top of my wifes hood no less, when we were out strolling around..

Attached Files:

28. I don't care what you drive. That's just wrong.

29. Great story!! Love your comeback!

Attached Files:

30. George G

George G

For those you getting bent out of shape about touching. In the end, it's just a f ing car. A consumable item.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.