Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Definitive "MILD CUSTOM" Photo Thread....

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Centurion9, Mar 31, 2011.

1. rick finch

rick finch

2. rick finch

rick finch

3. rick finch

rick finch

4. rick finch

rick finch

Thanks for the props, but I didn't take any of the photos...I snag them off this here web thingie.:eek: I do know what I like, however there are some that I've posted I don't particularly care for, but they fit the spirit of the thread...

5. the b.c.b.

the b.c.b.

Here are some good ones.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. One more...

Attached Files:

7. the b.c.b.

the b.c.b.

Bring it back up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Here's a few from me, there are over 26,000 images in my collection so I'll try to remember to post up a few here and there. These are all from the 2011 Stray Kat 500 click on any photo to see the full gallery if you want to see more of the cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if The Whale has too many mods to be mild or not. I know there is a ton of very subtle kustom work done.

[​IMG]

Doug's Toad is one of my favorites, I'm stoked to shoot it soon for some ink coverage!
    [​IMG]

That's it for now I need to head out to shoot a show.

9. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

I've got some big plans for this soon. Going to do some custom bumpers and grille work.
    [​IMG]
    side by drag'n 59, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    back by drag'n 59, on Flickr

10. Here is one that I saved from the LBCC site.

Attached Files:

Pug}{maN likes this.
  11. heritic88

heritic88

Damn apparently I can only post pics on my computer not my phone..... also I have never been that big of a fan of tri-fives but the more that I see as mild kustoms the more I like them.

12. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

my 1960 Buick Electra today, Olathe Kansas.. shaved door handles, emblems, some of the trim, grill bullets, dummy spots.. very mild compared to most others on this thread, some may not even consider this a "custom" but she's the way I like her! Special thanks to Drop & Drag Kustoms out of Belton MO and Fast Times Auto Body out of Liberty MO..

Attached Files:

13. Jim J

Jim J

I like her too!

14. killer-D

killer-D

1965 studebaker wagonaire,lowered,belleflowers exhaust,wide white and hollywood hubcaps.I pinstrioed it on hood and tailgate..
    future mods.Flaked and laced roof

Rudy likes this.
  15. bhead1968

bhead1968
    from so-fla

bone stock '55 Buick more door..future plans are to leave as is (Peeling paint and chrome) and just slam it. This thread is great.

[​IMG]

JeffCTN likes this.
  16. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for those Lyle, a beautiful bunch of genuine 50s style un-slammed customs.
    Glad this great thread is back to top.
    Paul

17. 60 Plymouth

60 Plymouth
    from UK

I could really do with larger pictures of this one - I haven't seen too many fifties styled big fin Mopars.

It was on ebay a few years ago, I got in touch with the seller just for the pictures.
    It's inspiration for my own Plymouth (Mine, I'm sure you can guess is a 60). I love the subtle style (I'll take 'striping over scallops thanks), and all mods are essentially bolt on. With some nice pinstriping where it's needed. Need to rustle me up a swamp cooler to go with it.

Definately on the mild side of mild custom, but I think it looks the bog's dollocks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More details here:
    http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=26277&DisplayType=nested&setCookie=1

18. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I have to say that I don't understand the "swamp cooler" deal. Is it because I'm English?:confused:
    Paul

19. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

The round thing in the passenger's window...the "swamp cooler." How it worked was you'd fill a tray (inside the unit) with water...as the car moved down the highway, the air was forced in, at the front opening) and the round filter (on bearings) would turn, dip into the water and the air would force "cool" air thru the wet filter and into the inside of the car...essentially a "swamp cooler." Where that name originated I have no clue...but it was a cheap 'A/C' unit when none was available...

R-

20. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Roger, but what I actually meant was I don't understand the need for them as a "desirable" Kustom accessory. They are not exactly what I would call "easy on the eye".
    Just thinking out loud I guess. No offence intended to those who like them.
    Paul

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

It's the "nostalgia" of it I guess...I never wanted one hung on my car either...!!! Same with the 'water bags' hung on the front of cars in the late '50's/early '60's...

R-

22. I put "swamp Coolers', sun visors, added antennas, etc all in the same category.
    You never saw these things on customs back in the day, I don't understand their use now.

I always thought a custom was removing the unnecessary stuff and making it look smooth,
    Not adding more unnecessary accessories.

Mick

23. 60 Plymouth

60 Plymouth
    from UK

I quite like (what I thought were) period accessories. I thought they were ways that a guy in the 60s would have put optional extras onto a car that had no factory options (no AC for the swamp cooler). Got to admit I never new they weren't used back in the day (and I'm English too so that can't be the reason ;)). Plus to be honest, a swamp cooler is possibly the single most easy to remove thing on a car - you only got to wind down a window?
    The things I really like on this car are the pin stripes, skirts and lake pipes (and I'd like to relocate my antenna to the rear - and sweep em back a bit - and you can't have them only on one side!). I like the stock hubcaps because they're quite smoothie-like.

I don't know if the zealous smoothing lends itself well to finned cars, without the trim lines and door handles they'd be a bit slab sided. I always figured fin cars were about excess and therefore the additions were welcome - would love to see some pics to show me the light though.

24. 909king

909king
    from IE

53cran.jpg nice cars here .... this is my project.

25. SICBOY

SICBOY

nice plymouth

26. Smokey2

Smokey2

Anyone.......
    I have set of the "bubble skirts" LIke is on the 57 chev. "CENTURION 9 ".....
    in this thread;

great condition, in prime.
    most persons list these fer 49 to 51 mercs, but they have unlimited applications.......... $ 650. ship/ us

pm me :cool:

27. LeftCoastCruiser

LeftCoastCruiser
    from So Cal

Easily one of my favorite threads. Thanks for taking me away from my work and having me dribbling in front of my screen like a grown baby for the better part of an hour, it was well worth it!

28. I couldn't agree more!!! One of my favorites.