Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Enough monkeying around: let's build a 5w, or another 4dr bites the big one.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by thunderbirdesq, Dec 22, 2011.

1. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

So Andy are we gonna see you at Waterdown?

2. It was good hanging out on Fri and Sat.

Car looks great, and seemed to run well too. One little gas incident is nothing in the big picture. now get your clam back out in the garage and see about some shiny paint. :)

3. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Thanks Red, :cool:

Syracuse might be tough... I'll be saving my pennies for the trip to the salt. I'll gladly send your steering arm whenever you're ready since I can't seem to make it that far east, hahaha!

Thanks Tony, you guys were missed this year for sure, seemed weird without the rochy camp right near the gate there...

You're too kind, thanks!

Haha!:D

That's the plan, man, Saturday...See ya there!

Yessir, cowboy, good times were had by all involved, even Senor Lopez sez so! See ya next time!

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

5. lorodz

lorodz

oh man i got wood looking at this.. another sweet build man keep it up cant wait to see it finished .

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I love this car.. When you finished your A roadster, I thought "that's going to be impossible to top."

Then you go and build this. In 6 months. Seriously. What's next?

7. It was great to meet you. Your right, the new old headlights make it even better!

Iron Lords
    Sent from my iPad using TJJ app

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Will do, thanks Lo!

Haha, after dialing this thing in a little more I'm going to screw together a '25 Dodge modified using all Mopar stuff, then it's time for my full custom '57 Ranchero. I'm also looking for a building here in Buffalo, I've just outgrown my little garage here at home and I've got some customer work lined up once a larger spot is acquired.

You too man, thanks!

9. Are you driving the 34 to Bonneville this year? I will be there in my 29 rpu for sure. Love to check out your car. I'll look for you.

10. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Planning on it Dale, I gotta get the QC in to get a little more leg before that trip.

11. Flew out to Bonneville in 03' but driving my coupe out there would be my dream. Hmm... got that 324/hydro laying in the corner. Could throw some street gears in. Hmmm...

12. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Let's go Artie!!!:cool:

13. chopo

chopo

14. Retribution

Retribution
    from Western PA

Really like those shots, looks cool can't wait to see it in person.

15. Retribution

Retribution
    from Western PA

Glad you changed the lights, looks much better.

16. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

I like this car more than most of the super shiny cars I've seen, it's just so right.

-W

17. killerbunny

killerbunny
    from serbia

Well said...<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>:)

18. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

19. I miss seeing this on the front page everyday! It's very motivating. When do we get an in car driving video???

Oh, and do you have any shots from the back? I'd like to see how wide the rear looks cause it seems great in all the other pics?

20. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

21. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Preperations for the trip to Utah have begun...

Fan shroud... Alternator...
    [​IMG]

22. F&J

F&J

Putting many miles on it? and how's it all working out?

23. Retribution

Retribution
    from Western PA

Yes, make everything as robust as possible, check it twice and pack some spares. I am jealous, I really have to get to the flats. Keep us posted in route. If you have any issues while passing through don't hesitate to call me.

24. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yea, been driving it quite a bit Frank. It warms up a bit while sitting in traffic so I added the shroud today. We'll see how that improves things. It's never overheated and puked but the gauge gets up to around 220 after sitting awhile in 90*, sticks right around 180-185 on the freeway. It's quite a change from my roadster, GOBS of torque to be had here! I'm gonna make a few minor adjustments to the suspension before I hit the road in August but nothing too crazy. I'm also going to install a larger fuel tank, 10 gallons isn't going to do. Overall it's a comfy, snug ride, seems to run and ride very well, hopefully it continues to do so for the entire trip!

Yep, that's the plan, Chris. Will do man, you'll be hearing from me long before this trip goes off.

25. Mikey b

Mikey b

Wow you have done such a amazing job in a short time. One of the most talented dudes I ever met. Keep up the good work

26. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Thanks Mikey!

Adding a little texture to help dissipate some desert heat...
    [​IMG]

27. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

28. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Nice...i do miss seeing this everyday...

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

30. ynottayblock

ynottayblock