Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion 5/19/2012 - Shadyside Dragway, Shelby N.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 4, 2012.

1. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Here are some more

Attached Files:

2. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

And more

Attached Files:

3. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

last

Attached Files:

4. sc_sonoma

sc_sonoma

OK, This pic will last forever now. If you google search "Steel in Motion 2012" and click on images....THIS is now one of the pics that it shows. Classic!

5. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

The image of Delton in his Captain America Underwear will live in infamy......

Sorry for completely de-railing this thread. Now come on photoshoppers lets see what other wacky adventures Captain HotDamn can get into!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  6. 68novagirl

68novagirl

7. Huge thanks to the Geargoyles for putting this show on! This is the high point of the year for me. We had a blast and the staging lanes kept moving really well so beating on your car was super easy and never ending! Thanks to the Iron Lords for the tools and comrade - er -eeek. And thanks to Brett4Christ for the cool stripes. Here is an in car shot by Mikey D. I missed 3rd for the 10th time out of 12 Saturday. Tommy later told me the TKOs are known for missing 3rd under load. That was Tudor passing us on the left. Fun times were had by all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOctNxFsc6k&feature=g-upl

8. Did anyone get a chance to snag any photos of the bands?

9. ratster

ratster

when is the next show? i heard sept?

10. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

They announced something about a vintage drags show in Sept. I don't think it has anything to do with Steel In Motion.

11. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Barry Hilderbrand's 32 last picture.....

12. Had a killer time got to hang with the sock f***ers & Iron Lords meet some great people can't wate to do it again

13. Man, had a blast ALL weekend. THANKS Geargoyles, for puttin' on such a great event. Well worth the drive from where ever you are. Great havin' the Iron Lords fill out the encampment with the SFers! Good times! Great guys, great cars! Skeeter done y'all proud after dark, I know his new bride was awefully proud:D:D. Jeremy...all I can say is you're a brave man, sleepin' in a van with Delton. Fearless I tell ya!!!! Can't wait for the next hang time.

GREAT TURNOUT!!! Mark your calendar for next year and get there early!!!

14. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Hahaha Skeeter was a disaster by 8:00, I bet he was the life of the party!

15. Duck's Goat

Duck's Goat

Just want everyone to know that the show in September has absolutely nothing to do with the Geargoyles or Steel In Motion at all. I, like my brothers Turtle and Curtis would also like to thank everyone that came out this weekend. We get enjoyment watching everyone else having a great time.

16. hotdamn

hotdamn

Holy shit Kevin!!!

I love you dude, those are hilarious!!!

I can't decide which one is best, it's like I think it's this one and then I see the next one:D

17. BAD A

BAD A

Yea, we drove about 420 miles, just to come to this event. I was worth every dollar, we spent on gas to get there. HAD A GREAT TIME....

18. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

Thanks for that! LMAO!!

I love you Delton!
    XXOO

19. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

My vehicle in pieces, so I cruised in my "gimp scooter" and swap meet wagon. I had a ball and by the looks of all the smiles, so did everyone else, even the poor guy who dropped his bike upon launch, then got up and made a run!!

20. Haha I was the poor guy that tried to send my bike down the track while I sat on my ass at the 20ft mark. I came out with only a smashed tail light and some rubber stuck to my levis.

Had such a great time, all smiles all day.

Can't thank Adam, Curtis, Turtle and the rest of the geargoyles enough! Already looking forward to next year.

21. I saw your spill dude, really glad you were ok and that it happened at launch, not down track. Your bike is cool as shit, and damn fast. Enjoyed watching you all day on that thing.

22. Thanks so much! I'm still really flattered by all the people that chased me through the pits just to tell me how much they liked my little scoot or that they couldn't believe how fast it was. It seems like there was so much other way cooler stuff that people should have been staring at. The day went by so fast and I wasn't able to take in one tenth of the amazing cars that were there. I seriously have never seen so much cool old steel in one place before.

23. slingle

slingle

I just wanted to thank everyone involved in this show it was awesome. I can't wait till next year.

Did anyone get a picture of me and my dad on the line?
    We were in these

Mine
    [​IMG]

Dad's
    [​IMG]

Thanks again for a great show.
    // lance

24. No, but I've known your dad for many years and talked to you a few times,,your dad builds all my transmissions. HRP

25. Grabber28

Grabber28
    from Charlotte

Hey Everybody!!

Me and the Dragpipes had a great time this past week-end!! We really appreciate all of the friendship and support the Geargoyles and this event have given us over the years!!

We cant wait till next year and I PROMISE the 28 will not be in pieces in my garage!!

Later Gators....

Tommy

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  26. You guys rock hope to see you next year

27. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That car belongs to Richard Beggs of Kernersville, I believe. It is built on a late modelMini platform. If you look inside, it's all Mini. It is a very cool car.

28. knoxbrendon

knoxbrendon

I knew those pics of delton in his cap American undys would show up on here at some point
    Funny as hell

29. 32Gnu

32Gnu

I think y'all may have created a monster..
    Curt Baker.. I owe you big time for mini bike mini bike mini bike comments...
    Little man bought this 68 "mike bike" last night with his own scratch with hopes of hanging with y'all next year and burning up the neighbors yards in the meantime...

Attached Files: