Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats it worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carl.p, May 21, 2012.

1. carl.p

carl.p
    from grimsby uk

hi i think i have a aristocrat dash panel for a 28 /29 model a ford can anybody tell me whats it worth its steel with a newish speedo thanks carl:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. How about a picture? Does "newish speedo" mean someone enlarged the hole for the speedo?

Charlie Stephens

3. carl.p

carl.p
    from grimsby uk

there you go charlie no the speedo only has 77 miles on it

4. The top center hole is for the stock model A fuel gauge to stick through (it's attached to the tank). The hole in the center is for a dash light (it looks like there is one in there). The bottom hole has the speedometer and you may have an original Model A speedometer in there but I am not that sharp on the '28-'29 speedometers. The other 4 holes look like they have been enlarged for later model gauges. What is the diameter of these holes? The problem is that most late model gauges are too deep to clear the gas tank. A restorer looking for accessories might pay $500 for a good original but the way this one looks I would say $100 max. The only market would be to a street rodder that had relocated his gas tank and could cut the original tank for clearance for the later gauges (small market). You might try the question on fordbarn.com.

Charlie Stephens

5. if i were buying i would want to pay $150 or less
    because of what charlie says
    tk

6. carl.p

carl.p
    from grimsby uk

thanks guys
    :D