Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Enough monkeying around: let's build a 5w, or another 4dr bites the big one.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by thunderbirdesq, Dec 22, 2011.

1. davo461

davo461

Drive safely while having really good time.
    Just wish I was there.

2. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

x2. I am really psyched to see this machine.

3. patman

patman

To keep the theme of the build, you should have said "That old thing? I just threw it together. I had a spare 10 minutes last night, went dumpster diving for a sectional sofa, combined it with some parts from a moldy la-z-boy, and covered it with roadkill pelts..."

Sooo jealous of your accomplishment here...you have earned every minute of the shit-eating grin you've got to be wearing. Congrats, and enjoy the ride.

4. Is it muddy yet???

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Haha, no mud this time, it was HOT as hell and I didn't feel like waiting in line. It hauled ASS @ around 75mph the whole way down and back with zero problems though. Well... except for running out of gas a time or two but that's a pilot malfunction rather than a mechanical one. I'm STOKED and super tired. I drove an hour out of my way on the way home attend an auction where I attempted to buy a 29 roadster project... it went for absolutely 100% S-T-U-P-I-D money for what was there... ridiculous...

6. Glad you had a good trip and no problems Andy, you must have glued it together just right.

7. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Any pics of it at the Showdown? You had to take Hotrod of the year???:D

Glad you made it down and back with no hang-ups, very impressive!!!

8. 2Loose

2Loose

Just stumbled across this thread, read it 'cover to cover', thoroughly enjoyed it, my kinda project! Wish I knew ya and lived close enough to help ya when it was happening! Long life and safe drivin'!
    "2Loose" Willy
    Maui

9. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Your car looked awesome! Seeing it was definitely a highlight of the show for me.

10. n847

n847

I saw a picture of it on another thread!...I'll try to find it again! Congrats on the successfull voyage!

11. Glad you made it man! I had no doubts!!

12. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

That thing was bad ass in person. You did a great job on it, I looked all over the roof and quarters and that thing isn't far off from being ready for shiny paint.

Here's the pics I took of it yesterday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yea, the glue is pretty sticky, plus it packs an awesome buzz.:D Those water decals are really tricky though, they kept ripping so I left them off.

Thanks man, haha, no awards at this show, but the car did get the nod from Larry to be in the Jalopy Showdown Invitational in July so that was a real honor for me. My good pal and club brother Turkeyjerk's T got an invite as well. We're both stoked!

Thanks Willy

Wow, thanks man, much appreciated! Nice to finally shake your hand and chat too, if only briefly.

Thanks bud!

Really? Because I sure as hell did, hahahahaha!:D:D

Well thanks a bunch man, I really appreciate it. Wish we woulda had a chance to meet in person. GREAT pics too, thanks!!:cool:

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  14. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I need to manage my spare time better. Taken me 6 years to get the front clip off and the motor out of my truck, and you build this in 6 months. You should produce a motivational video. Congrats to you.

15. Agreed with what Chris said. You worked fast for sure. Motivating.

16. chopo

chopo

i knew it would perfect. up and back cause you are fucking ruler!

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Andy so happy I got to hang and chat for a while and super happy I got to see the '34!!! You nailed it dude!!!!!!!

I really should have got a ride but maybe at HC Happening if we go up.

18. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Thanks man, I think maybe I'll start touring around the country and giving motivational speeches for owners of stalled projects. :p

Thanks Dale!

Haha, are you still drunk? Good to see you again man, I haven't laughed that much in a while!:cool:

I would have totally given you a ride. What do you mean "if" we go up???:D

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

At Zach's....
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. F&J

F&J

Screw the speech, bring the sanding block.:confused:

21. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Oh man, that rules! I look like such a hard-ass, hahaha!:p

:D:D:D

22. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

been watchin' this from the start ,your shoulder should be real sore for all the welding,grinding,sanding & atta boys that car got ya !! nice job you deserved front row & the invite !!

23. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Kick ass! Glad you made the trip, I spent my whole weekend block sanding. Good news is thats behind me now. Funny how you inhale the high build primer as dust, then hack it out as puddin'

You better bring this car to Syracuse this summer. Oh yeah, bring my fucking steering lever too!;)

24. Tony

Tony

Right on Andy! Congrats on a smooth trip and killer build! Happy for ya man!
    Wish i coulda made the Showdown this year. I'm NOT at all happy i didn't make it..Feel's like i missed an important family reunion.

Looking forward to seeing the 34 and catching up soon.

Tony

25. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Its so sweet....

26. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Just freakin" incredible!

27. Ok, now that you got all the bugs worked out - I'll give ya $13,500. :D:D:rolleyes:

Awesome job Andy - Stoked for you. Enjoy the hell out of that thing this summer!!!

28. kisam

kisam

Congrats Andy!

29. Congrats man! the car is awesome. Sounds great