Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion 5/19/2012 - Shadyside Dragway, Shelby N.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 4, 2012.

1. cougarmike

cougarmike

what a crappy thing! glad they werent actually in an accident. I thought tow vehicle trouble was bad, but I was able to get there. no matter how bad something seems, someone has it worse !

2. scout78

scout78

Great show thanks guys. had alot of fun.

3. scout78

scout78

Great show thanks guys alot of fun.

4. That looks like Don Nicholson's 62, or a clone.

I got to ride in Nicholson's in 62 at the old Concord Drag Strip on a parade lap

5. cougarmike

cougarmike

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  6. Harry,you know me well enough to know that I don't have a confrontational personality and I don't go out looking for trouble,,but I would like to introduce the mean spirited SOB that thought this was some kind of sick fun to a Louisville Slugger across his funny bone! :rolleyes: HRP

7. Thanks for a GREAT time yesterday! The Geargoyles have done it once again. Me and the wife had a lot of fun and enjoyed every minute!

8. hotdamn

hotdamn

hit that 3 wheel motion!

9. hotdamn

hotdamn

10. I don't think that the Geargoyles were expecting as many big guys when they made their T-Shirt order,,they sold out of 2X early. HRP

11. flat 39

flat 39

Had a great time again this year. I took the coupe down a drag strip. First time on a strip since I was a teenager. It all came back to me in a heart beat. Sooo Coool!

I want to to thank the Iron Lords & Sock Fuckers for their great hospitality and for that image of Delton that I will never get out of my mind.

12. glgraphix

glgraphix
    from Lenoir, NC

Wow, wish I would have seen this earlier...
    We used to race at Shadyside (aka- Slip'n Slide) several years ago...
    Would have been more fun than going to Carowinds yesterday.... but, the kids had a blast, lol...

Maybe I can make it down next year for the show

13. doc's

doc's

I'm taking my son next year, I had a blast.....

14. Man what a great show, Had a great time even if i did kick a drive shaft out. But man this place need about 20 Port A Johns. the four that we found were really in need of a GOOD cleaning.

15. toucan

toucan
    from sc

so i guess the driveshaft held up?

16. toucan

toucan
    from sc

what a blast! the geargoyles rock!

Attached Files:

17. toucan

toucan
    from sc

here is scharleys u joint, they welded the driveshaft up with 2 car batteries and a mig gun,thanks volkswagon dave!

Attached Files:

18. BAD A

BAD A

19. Turtle64

Turtle64

Want to thank all of ya'll for coming out yesterday! We had a great time and couldn't have done it without all of your support. Hopefully those that were not able to make it this year will get to come next year! Always family first.
    Keep posting those pics and vids guys! Didn't have time to take many myself. It was great to put faces with names of all the H.A.M.B.ers! Thanks again!

20. BAD A

BAD A

21. BAD A

BAD A

We had a great time..

22. The drive shaft held but the u joints were a problem. through out 3 joints getting home. Motoandy helped but getting parts but after a long day we are home had a great time and thanks to all the helped with the shaft. After all the hell getting home still plane to be back next year.

23. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

It gets way better. It held up for about 20 miles, then off to the side of the road again. Then it held up for about 60 miles then off to autozone for 2 more u-joints and a file. Then it held up for about 15 miles, untill the heat shield vibrated loose. Then off on the side of the road again. This time as we pull over, My car backfires and sets on fire a section of grass along the highway that was about 4' x 8'. Back on the road untill I pickup a 4 inch long bolt through my tire and tube. Did have a spare that took me home 100 miles at 45 mph......

CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR...........................:(:eek::mad:

thanks to Volkswagon DAVE and company for the hospitatlity and movie watching. Rest of the Walterborro/Charleston crowd were first class. Great people all around..

Toucan you are the man, weed eater and all!!

24. There was on more stop to rotate the left side tire. had to put the spare on the front and the front on the rear

And once again Thanks thanks to all that helped

25. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Hats off to the Geargoyles for putting on one hell of a show. It was a blast! Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new people. Already thinking about next year!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

27. Kevin! Damn!

Nice eye man. Great pics dude.

BloodyKnuckles

28. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I have to thank the Iron Lords and the Sock Fuckers for their hospitality.

And an extra special thanks to Jeremy James, Brett4christ and this handsome boy for a great breakfast.

[​IMG]

29. doc's

doc's

Thanks for the great pics Merlin....my plan worked - park my piece behind a bitchin' car & get it posted on the HAMB!! :D

Attached Files: