Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs DFW H.A.M.B.ers i need your help!!!!! missing car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rhd, May 18, 2012.

1. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

ok so long story short my car is missing, its a 1951 plumouth cranbrook 2 door, all the trim was shaved it has a 318 in it, 59 caddy tail lights, late 40's hub caps the firewall was green and the rest of the car was a few diffrent colors, mostly blue, some black some silver( it needed a paint job) the dash was bare metal. if you see this car call me A.S.A.P. 214 680 1447........

2. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

pictures? how long has it been missing?

3. TexasDart

TexasDart

Did you forget where it was parked? Did it wonder off?

4. Stolen? Or you sold it and wondered what happened to it? What are you trying to say?

5. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

I had to move to a place where I couldn't have a non running car, I found a guy that cut me a very good deal to get it running and driving, yesterday I told him I wanted to come see the car and make a payment, he tells me the car is in mineral wells at a body shop. I tell him ok what shop I wanna go see it, he freaks out on me and won't tell me the name of the shop, I tell him he isn't getting any more money till I see the car now he won't answer any call's or text's I went by his place and he is nowhere to be found and my car isn't there. I'm in the middle of moving so I'm trying to dig out the paperwork on the car so I can report it stolden. When I get home I will post some pictures

6. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

did you even get an agreement in writing of the work he would do for the vehicle?

7. ChefMike

ChefMike

put the coppers on him or a guy with a big bat !!!
    sorry that sucks!

8. where did you "FIND" this guy?????

9. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

Yes I got a contract from him, with all his info, I found him on craigslist....I was in a bind in the car had to be moved a.s.a.p. I didn't think anyone would be that dumb to try to steel a car when the owner had all his info....

10. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

WELL....lets hear his name WTF.
    B.B.

11. bummer! I'll keep an eye out for you.

12. brad chevy

brad chevy

Just get you a deputy sheriff to go to his place with you,have your paperwork with you and demand to see the car. These days to much legal,goody two shoes laws to protect crooks these days. When you find the car find somewhere to store it til you can find a honest shop. Craigslist is not the place to look for a mechanic.

13. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

Found it and getting it back! Thanks everyone. I guess someone had a change of heart........smh

14. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

OK, so what exactly was the story? I've been following this and hoping for the best for you. (I've been where you were, but mine didn't turn out so well and I lost a custom Harley chopper...) How did you "find" the car, who had it, how did it come into their possession, who actually contacted you? Was it the douchebag that snaked you or the guy HE gave it to? If you had gotten on HERE instead of CL, I'm sure some local H.A.M.B.er would have helped you get it going. If I was closer I would've tried. Sucks that it happened, but glad it's working out.

15. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Glad you got it back. Now, tell us the whole story.

16. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

Ok so the guy wasn't answering my calls or text's till I said something about the fuzz, he still has the car and what I think is he was trying to do a lean on the car by saying I didn't pay but I have saved every email, text EVERYTHING so once I told him that something would be done one way or the other his tone changed, now he is telling me that he has my car, and its done but wants the rest of the money I owe him. Witch is fine as long as I get my car. So I told him cash when I see the car....I'm still not 100% sure what he was trying to pull but whatever. So next week I'm going to go get my car and that will be the last time I ever leave it with anyone other than myself!.......and yes I know I'm stoopid for not asking the hamb first ( I'm still kicking myself in the ass) like I said I was in a bind and literly had days to get the car moved so that's that......it still pisses me off but atleast I get the car back......some people just blow me away.

17. Rob68

Rob68

Round up all your buddies when you go pick it up. That is BS and I'll bet there will be more BS before you get it back. Keep us posted.

18. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Naw, dude, you go get that car ASAP. If he has already presented you with a bill for monies owed on any work, and the work is done and the car is running, he can charge a storage fee of whatever the hell he wants per DAY. Next thing you know, you show up next week with the balance owed and he says, "well, you owe me another $50 per day since last week for storage..." and guess what? You better have that in your pocket at the time of pick up too, or he ain't gonna let you leave with it. This is exactly how I lost out on my $27,000 Harley. And the fees kept coming and coming... I will say that the guy I dealt with in Advance NC is a real POS and crooked as hell, and this may or may not be in your particular situation, but there are people out there that will screw you over to make a buck. Borrow cash, or whatever you have to do, and go get it ASAP.

19. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

I would still want to see the car right away. Sounds awfully shady. Take a friend with you.

20. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

And do not announce that you are coming. Just show up with a small posse, and have someone stay near the car with the number of the local police department already touched into the phone, ready to hit send. If there is any provocation, do not play into it. Let him get loud, let him make threats, let him do whatever he wants, but just stay out of his game. If he does not let you see your car, call the locals in. Do not even hesitate. I'm not getting a good vibe from this whole situation.

21. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Oh, and do yourself a favor and pick up a small digital recorder that will start recording automatically upon "hearing" a sound. Record the entire conversation between you and him, and do not let him know you you are recording anything until you are back in the car, ready to pull out of the driveway. But make it a point to let him know that the conversation was in fact recorded. That way, IF it would got to court, it will (should) be admissible as evidence. Might want to check on that though.

22. slammed

slammed

Go git it now.

23. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

Good idea, Monday I'm going to go see the car and will be picking it up soon after, I was gonna have a cop go with me both times so he knows I'm not playing

24. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

He's got to reassemble it. Pray he lost the taillights.

25. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I don't think you'll get a cop to go with you. I flagged one down the day I was going to get my Harley and asked if he would go with (us.. had two buddies with me) me because I anticipated trouble. We had driven past the shop where it was and saw a bunch of "good 'ol boys" in lifted trucks just standing around back around 15 minutes earlier. (We were in my buddy's truck, so he didn't know it was us when we drove past the first time.) The cop basically said that if we anticipated trouble it was best we stay away and take it to court. If we anticipated trouble and showed up anyway, we would be provoking. At which point WE would be in the wrong. Make sense? Just get your ass over there, and do not let him know you are coming. Make sure it is during his normal business hours so that you are within your rights. If he is open TOMORROW, I would suggest you go TOMORROW.

26. dude no offence but what part of go now are you not getting? maybe he was doing a lien sale and it will be done on monday. you have to have one friend in town that will help you get the car tonight? i would hate to see you lose out because you lagged..

27. MarkL

MarkL
    from Tacoma WA

Now you know why he was advertising on C.L. and cut you such a "good deal". This piece of shit may have been planning on doing this to whoever answered his add. Get that car back ASAP before he has a chance to hide it somewhere else.

28. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

His shop is closed till Monday. He can't sell it without putting a lein on it and in order to do that I have to get a certified letter in the mail. I'm not lagging I even when by there before I went to work today and no one was there

29. Tony

Tony

Exactly my thoughts. Aside from a family emergency, there would be NOTHING keeping me from getting it ASAP if it were mine.
    Go get it man, don't wait even a day. MAYBE he's being upfront, but he hasn't so far so do not trust him.

EDIT: you responded when i was typing. All i can say is i truly hope it works out for you monday then.. Best of luck man.

Tony

30. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

You and me both man...