Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Does Your H.A.M.B. ID Mean?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RagtopBuick66, May 18, 2012.

1. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

I am and I was when I joined.

2. And yet you felt the need to post ...... :eek:

3. Rob68

Rob68

Just name and D O B. Means nothing. Just couldn't think of a good one until it was too late

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Back in the 1970's there was a 4Banger newsletter called "The Hot Line" that Bill LaRosa put out once a month.Very much like the HAMB, bunch of four cylinder Ford race car and speed equipment collectors. i was in my 20's and Bill gave me the nickname "The Kid". When I joined the HAMB I was into restoring a 1937 Harley, just like the one my Dad bought new, so I added the 37 and became The37Kid.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  5. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Because I have owned many of them over the years. My Wife thinks Im a little crazy when I have a rattle or squeak in a car. I will tear it apart till I find it. Sometimes while driving down the road.

6. pastlane

pastlane

My business was Past Lane Auto, buying & selling vintage race & hot rod related stuff.

I burned out on the business, mostly doing it all alone. The mail order, swap meets, screen printing, accounting etc. was more than I could deal with. Still use the name for a bunch of online applications & still have a building full of inventory that I need to get moving on.

7. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

I'm a Graphic Designer and my name is K.K. Hickey.

8. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

my 64 econoline seems to change lanes without warning on the highway so...

9. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

My son and I had to have something to go by with our racing, and fabricating jobs.If he starts up his own gig that will be the name.Just a way to combine half the last name and what we do.Good question

10. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

11. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Duuuuuuuuuude...

12. Well, I have enjoyed reading this post also,and now I will add my name to the list..... Whiplash..... A certain attractive young lady named me that after she suffered from Whiplash when I decided to make a move on her. 1923T is the car patiently waiting out in the garage for some more tender lovin care. I have answered to Whip for years now so I suppose it has stuck.

13. choppd27'Munster

choppd27'Munster

Mines for my chopped 27 t sedan. Munster because everyone who sees if says it looks like the munsters car. So munster just kinda stuck.

14. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

15. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

No sir. The night is young, and we're just getting started. Don't worry, we'll scrape your ass up off the floor in time to get a few more in when they call it. Besides, "last call" just means the party moves to someone's back yard, and there will probably be a bonfire involved.

16. Cruiser

Cruiser

Mine is a state of mind, that I never want to lose, shows where I coming from and where I'm going..

CRUISER :cool:

17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Mine's my current location, the adjective...the noun is actually my name!
    So, if somebody says, "Mike? Which 'Mike'?" ...and looks at the prefix, they mutter, "Oh...that asshole."

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

X2. Small world. Should have thought up a "Burrows" reference, like A23. DAMN this stupid brain of mine!

19. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

The title of an album by the great Captain Beefheart. Circa '72.
    Some of the song titles amuse me as well.

1. Low Yo Yo Stuff
    2. Nowadays A Woman's Gotta Hit A Man
    3. Too Much Time
    4. Circumstances
    5. My Head Is My House Unless It Rains
    6. Sun Zoom Spark
    7. Clear Spot
    8. Crazy Little Thing
    9. Long Neck Bottles
    10. Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles
    11. Big Eyed Beans From Venus
    12. Golden Birdies

20. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

[QUOTE

I'd rather be a H.A.M.B.er than a nail...[/QUOTE]

Now i have to post on this thread, this cheesy ass line made me chuckle. Slick is the nickname my gramps gave me when i was 12 years old cuz i managed to get dirtier and greasier than anyone else, he hasnt called me by my first name since. And Hale is my last name. Creative huh?

21. joeb1934

joeb1934

Mine actually has little to do with the car hobby in general. joeb is my name and first letter of my last name. The 1934 DOES NOT mean that i like or have a 34 ford. I'm a chevy guy. I'm a really big Texas Rangers fan, and back in the day, my guys were Juan Gonzalez #19 and Nolan Ryan #34. Ironically, i do now own a 34 chevy. Dad bought it for me when i was on my way home from game 3 (damn pujols, ruined a good game!) of the 2011 World Series in Dallas, so now i guess it has a double meaning.

22. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Don't have a clue why, but I have been called one my whole life. I just don't believe in spending any more cash than you have to.

23. Smokey2

Smokey2

Mine comes from My First Car, Smokey......."40 Ferd, that used 5 qts oil on 125 mile trip, junior- senoir outin'.... changed tha' Oil automatically everey 125 miles.............Dad had Service Station where i got used Oil to keep It topped Off !

When I got rid of the Car, Name Stuck !!!
    Smokey............It is .:cool:

24. _ogre

_ogre
    from Motown

25. salf100

salf100

Just my name and I have an F100. Wish I'd read that part about not being able to change it cause I would have used something a little more universal.

26. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

Iv got 2 29s and a 30.

27. willymakeit

willymakeit

Mine probably refers to my various projects. I'm always tinkering on something, but not at everyone less speed.

28. cavman

cavman

Cavman..... No, I didn't forget the "e". I was in the 1st Cav in Vietnam in '67-'68.

29. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Just like it says,,,,My rides a "KILLER '32"!!!!!

30. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

That it is, good sir. That it is.