Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features traditional t bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merles_garage, Feb 23, 2012.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Fire wall and cowl height. Let me step out to my "T" wall and measure a '23-'25 firewall for you.

EVL401 likes this.
  2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ok, the center of the firewall down to the ground is 22" on a '23-'25. The earlier stuff, pre mid '22 is right about 20 1/2" at the same point.

EVL401 and Dannerr like this.
  3. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Thank you, it's 23-25

4. weez

weez

Def hard to tell from photos! I got a mix of 22-23 parts, it's pretty subtle stuff... 22 firewall is narrower and shorter. I couldn't tell till I started sticking it together, the 23 cowl top and firewall didn't line up with the 22 sides I had, I put a 22 cowl top on it and bingo! I think if I get a few more parts I'll have a 22 Touring front section (a la kookie) and a 23-25 Roadster-

Still need a 22 Touring front seat bucket or whatever it's called... I can make it out of the Roadster parts if I need to, it's mocked up that way now, but may as well get the correct piece if I can.

Dannerr likes this.
  5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

X 4 or whatever it is. Said it before, and I'll say it again. LOVE that car!

6. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

Here's mine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And if I have to hear one more 'expert' talk sh*t about my 'fake Oldsmobile valve covers and fiberglass body', I'm gonna go nuts...steel body, and REAL Oldsmobile motor!

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Weez,

Howell's does make the front seat back in repro for fairly cheap. I called and asked a bit ago, and they said that is something they keep as a stocking item and we talked a bit about some of the threads here on the H.A.M.B. I think it would be safe...

8. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Man...what a no bullshit little Hot Rod!
    I'll take that even WITH a glass body and fake covers...wouldn't matter a bit!
    That nails the look for me...:D

9. weez

weez

Funny, I just looked it up earlier, and saw that those are available, like $135 or so- at least I know what the piece looks like now! Maybe I'll do that-

Thing is, Howell's says "22-25" on the repro body sides, but my '22 sides (steeper and longer angled front part) didn't fit my '23-'25 cowl top- wish I knew all the finer points!

22's had wood firewalls right? I gotta get a T book...

10. fitzee

fitzee

This is sweet!! any build pics on this..interested in seeing how the front spring is mounted.

11. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

weez, The high firewall came out late in '22. Most concider them to be "23 to '25 models. The low firewall is pre-'22. The '22 had a steel firewall.

Ron

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The transition from the low cowl to the high cowl for Model "T"s was Ford's first mid year kinda deal. Like '22 1/2. As far as firewalls go, I'm pretty sure that '17 through '22 had steel firewalls. If you ever get over here and have a bit of time give me a yell. there's an old guy about 70 miles south of me that has a pile of pre '22 "T" stuff that won't quit...

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sorry ron, I didn't see that you answered that already!

14. butch27

butch27

I have the 1917 body. It makes the engine look bigger.

15. knotttty

knotttty

^^^^ is that like having a girlfriend with small hands :)

EVL401 likes this.
  16. Ralph Turnberg

Ralph Turnberg
    Member Emeritus

In the traditional t bucket category this car might be a stretch (pun intended). Needed the extra length for the '69 Pontiac OHC-6 mill. I doubt the body is a t replica, but it's close.

Attached Files:

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's absolutely cool! But I have to raz you a bit, 'cause it's a modified, not a "T" Bucket.... I see the fng next to your screen name, so please don't think me rude, but if you do a quick search, you'll find a couple of threads dedicated to just modifieds... You might see mine too!

18. This thread is great! Anyone with more pics or info on this one in post #144?
    / primerkid

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yours, or your dad's ?

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, that's Bill Roland's re-deux of Ivo's car! I might draw torches and pitchforks for the suggestion, but I have always liked this redo better than the original Ivo version...

21. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

Right behind ya louves. The dark color helps hide the half touring use.

Ron

22. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

Blue One, it was the Old Man's, now he has my '57 Chevy, and I've got the T. I like the T better! I do have build pics, from 1959 when it was originally built, and when we got it and went through it. Thanks for the compliments, we LOVE the little bugger!

I don't know how many of you guys have done the 'father/son' projects, but my dad is pushing 70 (I'm 45...), and the time we spent in my shop working on this thing I wouldn't trade for anything! The best part? I let him take it to Bonneville last year (I couldn't go...bills suck!), which is the reason we got it, and he had a blast with it! That, and I can't keep my wife out of it (that's her driving it)!

23. butch27

butch27

I would love to see the build pics.

24. sinister 45

sinister 45

Heres the one we built. all steel 21'...love driving it. rough,loud super long.:cool:

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Very cool, I like it. I am getting the Y Block for mine soon from Tim McMaster. :)

Any idea where the seats in yours came from ?
    Time spent with your dad doing the car will never be forgotten. I never had that time with my dad. He will be 80 this year and is just not a car guy.

26. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

As soon as I get them scanned, I'll post them. They are from 1959 when the car was originally built...pretty cool stuff. I also have a pic of the note that was written on the back side of the driver's door panel from the daughter of a previous owner. Have you guys ever considered the notion that sometimes we are 'automotive archeologists'?! This is just a small part of why I love this hobby so much!

27. SuperJim

SuperJim
    from Minnesota

I just found this thread. My 1st car at 16 years old was a T-Bucket, and I myself like the style that you built here. Nice one.

28. SuperJim

SuperJim
    from Minnesota

In Minnesota here I had a T-Bucket as my 1st car in 1969, and then another in 1975 I believe. Both were Green with flames.

1st
    Buily by some guys who worked at the Big Wheel auto store on Lake Street?
    Green Metalflake by Jon Kosmoski
    Cool Flames
    327 powerglide
    '59 Caddy tail lights
    16" aluminum slots & slicks on rear when I bought it. Replaced with 5 spokes in back, skinny cycle spokes in front
    In accident when lady went trough a red light. Had suspension fixed, couldn't afford replacement front wire wheels. Sold it through early MSRA newsletter. Guy with red hair brought his own wires, test drove it, and he bought it. $1500 in 1977?

2nd
    '69 Camaro Ralley Green
    Tube chassis - had radiator in back when I bought it. Overheated so put it up front.
    283 with polished 2 four cross-ram
    3 speed manual trans
    Sold it to someone working at a speed shop in Iowa?

I often wonder where they ended up, or if they are still around and what they look like....?

29. JOHNPO

JOHNPO

30. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

Jim ... I remember your first one from shows and gathering around the Twin Cities. Remenber Larks black blown hemi T?

Ron