Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show us your favorite car shirt

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rbantique, Apr 16, 2010.

1. one of my favorite shirts

Attached Files:

2. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. In the 60's and 70's I grew up in the San Gabriel Valley and you weren't shit if you didn't wear this;
    [​IMG]

Plain White T Shirt with a pocket. No colors, no advertising. This was the deal!

4. Sonny48

Sonny48
    from Mo.

My favorite t-shirt is the one they sent me for contributing to the rebuild of Tom Medleys 40 coupe.
    "Way cool"

5. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Back in the mid '70s I was 8 or so. I remember my brother-in-law wearing a shirt with a '68 Camaro on it w/the cartoonish rear wheels and oversized engine. In '70s script it said, "Wrap my ass in fiberglass". Didn't understand it then, but I can still see that design.

6. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

It was a Corvette T-shirt, I used to have one.

7. slim tempo

slim tempo

oldie

Attached Files:

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Besides it's being old, Timonium is spelled wrong. There is only one "M" in the city name. Does that make it move valuable like a stamp? I think not but it is cool to talk about for the old farts that were there.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I specifically proud of this one. It's the first shirt for my new venture Sugar City Speed Shop. However my Loverboy-Get it up, Keep it Up '86 is pretty special too even though it's not a car shirt.

[​IMG]

10. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

11. flash

flash

From Alter Boys' 2011 show...
    [​IMG]

MoonLoon likes this.
  12. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

^^^ I have this shirt and I love it.

13. Do you have any more of these in XL?

14. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Did you wear a necklace under your T-shirt like the pic? ;)

15. flash

flash

I believe we do! 10 bucks and we'll bring 'em to the next show. Maybe Maynard?

16. Ha Ha, good catch Steve but NO, that was a generic pic off the web.
    The other day I was looking at my HS yearbook from 1971 and an overview of the Quad shows our group of about 20 gearheads all standing together with White T Shirts, Levi's and desert boots (aka Chukka Boots).

17. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

I always liked the shirt Andy is wearing, wish I still had mine. Oh well, it wouldn't fit any more any way!

Attached Files:

• Andy.jpg
      Andy.jpg
      File size:
      49.2 KB
      Views:
  18. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

I found a better pic.

Attached Files:

19. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

great thread. my collection of WEEZ shirts are my fav!

20. weez

weez

I always hear "Why don't you have the designs on the back with a pocket logo like they used to-"

Well, when did that start? Makes me think of 80's T-shirts- Most of the old shots of 50's-60's hot rod T's have the design on the front, that's why I mostly do that- (recently I've done a few Back designs with pocket logo though)

I also love the old shots of racing teams with ringer T's that match the design color, but when I make those no one buys 'em! (also I've heard ringers look 70's style even though I was trying to ape Bonneville T's from the 50's...)

MoonLoon likes this.
  21. Muttley

Muttley

I really dislike shirts with the print on the front, they remind me of something you would see a third grader wearing. I do have a few but rarely wear them, I always feel like someones going to pin some homework to my shirt or tell me its time for milk and graham crackers. Design on back, small logo on front in the center or left chest. No design on the front is also fine............NO POCKETS (also dorky). I was really bummed the last couple of years when the new HAMB shirts came out, all the designs were on the front. :( :(

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  22. I can remember Large print on the back, small on the front in the 60's for sure. And I can see in my mind many drag race pictures with guys leaning over the car and the imprint on the back.
    I think some of it was a west coast vs east coast thing. Out here on the good coast we wear T Shirts year round and don't need the big ole thing on the front screamin at each other. The Cold Coast guys are always wearing jackets so they need it on the front if anyone is ever going to see it.

23. weez

weez

Muttley, I appreciate your opinion, but I'm not quite getting why a front design would be a kid thing- Then again, printed T's as a whole might not be that mature anyway...

Hotrodden, that's what I was looking for, someone who was there back then that remembers back vs. front designs and the context. I still see more front designs in old photos though, that's why I wondered-

Anyone else?

What about ringers? I like 'em- but are they disliked for some reason?

24. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

weez- i love the single color designs you do. love them. i have so many of your shirts, but i would like more back logo designs. not bitchen, love em!

25. To me Ringers remind me of the late 70's and early 80's when Boyd, California Street Rods, Fat Jack, etc. all did them

26. weez

weez

Maybe you're thinking of those beauties with the contrasting yoke and 3 stripes on the sleeves?

Attached Files:

27. davidh73750

davidh73750

I like the H.A.T.E.(hot rodders agains the environmentalist) shirts I sell and pushrod shirts. I like almost any lonestar round up shirt too. I saw the sock fockers at hunnert and had to take a pic of it.

Attached Files:

28. Both styles actually - we called the later ones "Baseball Shirts" for distinction

29. stinsonart

stinsonart

Actually, I do have one of those, but its not in as good a shape as yours!

30. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i think i am the opposite of muttley. i love ringer tees, and i hate the printing on the back. what good does the print on the back do me? i can never see it! and i wear the shirt cuz i like it, so i wanna be able to see it.