Register now to get rid of these ads!

st ignace mi car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldschool1, May 16, 2012.

1. any one going to st ignace show? ive never been. is it any good? is there a swap meet with it?

2. Barz51

Barz51

I have not been there in 6 years or so but it was always a pretty cool show. Lots of people!

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

There is a swap meet there,.. but I never found anything spectacular there.,... Yeah, I would go,.... really fun show,.. ya' got to do it at least once.

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Used to go. Turned into the mini van nats. Still always had a great time!

5. yooper111

yooper111

It's a fun show. Lots of people, nice cars, and it's always fun to cruise across the bridge!

6. derbydad276

derbydad276

there is a big following from a couple of motown groups good show

7. I was there years ago and it was good then. Even walked the bridge and walked around Mackinac Island. Great place.

8. Before the police crackdown it turned into a topless girl parade when the sun went down..This was our annual guys weekend 5-10 years ago.....

9. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

What Pete said.

10. jdubbya

jdubbya

I went many years, but my last time there was in the late 90's, and vowed not to waste my time until I heard it was great again... I am still waiting.

11. Yeah, at least once...I went twice:(

12. Paint

Paint

I started going to this show in the mid 80's and it was awesome.
    All the major custom car guys used to come and Jimmie Vaughan drove his Rivera from Texas one year. Also remember Scott Sullivan driving his Orange 55 Chevy.
    By the mid 90's things started to get out of hand with a lot of drunk rowdies with mullet cars and it drove the nice cars away(including me).
    I have heard that the show is turning back to the better now so I may try it again this year.

13. We go about every year but then we live close- maybe 35 miles or so- was always a good show but got pretty wild for a bit and the Police shut down lots of the activities- was a bit down in attendance after that but has come back- swap meet not great- I go and walk the cars- get a bite to eat somewhere- take a few pictures- always some nice cars and a fun day if the weather is nice- beware it's on the water front and it can be windy and cool- take rain gear and warm gear- better to have it than have to buy it-

14. millersgarage

millersgarage

I haven't been in years, the last time a drunk threw a beer bottle at me because I wouldn't do a burn out :mad:

LOTS of people, no care for your property. I enjoyed it better as a spectator than a participant.

15. thanx all. My lady and will be bombin round the u.p. that weekend. would be awesome if we'd be able to take it in.

16. Look for the Kellys Hot Rod parts trailer June 27-30 at the 37 th St. Ignace Car Show Located at the base of the Mackinaw bridge in Beautifful St.Ingace Michigan

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Like others I went for many years but stop going quite a few years ago because the cars that started showing up weren't what I wanted to look at, lots of minitrucks and stuff like that. Also, the hotel prices started getting REALLY outragous with a three might minimum. There are too many other great events nowdays to waste my time and money at the St Ignace event.

18. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

Haven't gone since '10, but I'm thinking of heading up tomorrow. Spent a bit too much time in the vendor's row then, so I'm thinking I'll just skip that altogether and focus on the show.

19. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

We are leaving tonight for the U.P for a little R and R. I had planned on trying to make it over to the car show but now am having second thoughts. It sounds a lot like the downriver cruise...

20. 416Ford

416Ford

If you want to check out the cars, go Saturday morning with your walking shoes. Planned on hitting the show this year with my car but we didn't get it together in time.