Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Disney's California Adventure CARS LAND Opening June 15

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vividlyvintage, May 12, 2012.

1. Is there a day pass option?

2. scrappin bottom

scrappin bottom
    from Austin

hahaha! I cant wait! I havent wanted to go Disney land in forever (lived in Anaheim and went when I was a kid every weekend) but this makes me feel like a kid again! Thanks for the post!

3. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

Must say my company did alot of the oversize loads that went in there. This will be an awesome place to see for sure.

4. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

A one day pass is $80 at the gate. I have not seen discounted one day passes as of yet

thanks,
    Douglas Johnson
    "Skrach"
    www.VividlyVintage.com

5. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Ha! I can give you my source for cheap tickets.. i will pm u. Although there is someone who works at pixar here on the hamb that might be able to make a hamb discount possible. But i dont know.. and I cant tell you who he is..

thanks,
    Douglas Johnson
    "Skrach"
    www.VividlyVintage.com

6. plan9

plan9

vividlyvintage - nice pointers, thanks! :)

7. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Thanks plan9. No problem. I just enjoy sharing the magic.

8. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

This is crazy!

9. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

The original Cozy Cone.

From this site.

Attached Files:

• 1018.jpg
      1018.jpg
      File size:
      45.4 KB
      Views:
  10. Gruizer54

Gruizer54

I just got back from taking my kids two weeks ago. We did a 3 day park hopper and at the end of the 3rd night we stopped by the ticket booth and upgraded to a season pass. They applied the money we paid for the 3 day park hopper to a season pass. One more visit to the park would have paid for the difference. We live in the bay area but since cars land was opening this summer we decided we that we wanted the option to pull the kids out of school mid-week and take the kids to the park if we wanted to. Like was already mentioned before, the attention to detail is amazing! You do kinda forget where you are for a few hours.

11. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Thats awesome! There was a wig wam motel that had what looked like a swastika painted on it. During wwii it was criticized heavily as you could imagine. But there was one thing.. it was not a swastika. It was what is called a suavastika. "the Svastika was originally a symbol of the sun, perhaps of the vernal sun as opposed to the autumnal sun, the Sauvastika, and, therefore, a natural symbol of light, life, health, peace and wealth. In short, it was an indian good luck symbol. The difference? The direction it is drawn...

thanks,
    Douglas Johnson
    "Skrach"
    www.VividlyVintage.com

12. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Nice job! Thats smart. But make sure you check the black out date list to make sure the dates will suit your needs.

thanks,
    Douglas Johnson
    "Skrach"
    www.VividlyVintage.com

13. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Hemi32 thanks for posting those videos. I really think Larry is one funny SOB lol

Also guys and gals... check out http://www.carsland.com you and you kids will surely get a kick out of it

14. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

sub'd. My wife will flip on this.

15. I was just sent a scan of a newspaper article in the OCRegister May 11 by my Product Development Coordinator who I've been working with for 14 months. It mentions Chip and his team members Brad King and Jeff Styles along with "Max Grundy, Keith Weesner, Crazy Al Evans who were commisioned to do a line of artwork, while Dennis O'Brien of O'Brien Truckers designed the car club plaque...."

Sounds like the HAMB friendliest items will be in Ramone's House of Body Art shop.

Who would have even thought it!!

16. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

I would love to see the OC Register article if I got a plug in it! That's pretty cool and it definitely was fun to be involved in!

17. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Glad to hear they changed the Ca Adventure part, was there with the Grand kid's 3 or 4 yrs ago and was not impressed at all with this part of Disneyland not to mention that the food was absolutely horrible. I even stopped one of the employees to ask where the best food was and she directed us to a burger joint back in the aviation section...nothing short of pressed sawdust, I would have hated to taste what she considered not so good. We are taking the Grand kid's again in November so it looks like we should enjoy that section this time...look forward to seeing it thanks for the update. :D :D :D

18. Thanks for posting this vividlyvintage, Can't wait to check it out one day.

19. We are already planning a trip down in September. My kids can hardly wait. (and me too.):D

20. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Your welcome. I am glad that i can share my love for Disneyland and combine that love with cars in this thread.

Yeah the pilot grill is not that great. I typically do not eat in CA adventure. Although when i do, i eat at the "Lucky cookies fortune" (chinese food) in the pacific wharf area. The bread bowl with clam chowder is awesome as well. I also eat at the (don't laugh) Award wieners. Decent hot dogs and not too pricey. You get a hot dog, chips and a drink for about 8 bux. And that may be expensive outside the walls of Disney parks but inside the park it is one of the cheapest meal deals.

(I will do a small food recommendation post in a few minutes.)

thanks,
    Douglas Johnson
    "Skrach"
    www.VividlyVintage.com

21. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

First of all, what i seen on the video, great job! Looks awesome. Did you see the youtube video hemi32 posted of Foose talking about the art in Cars Land?

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  22. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

The Lucky Fortune Cookery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For a quick meal that doesn't taste "fast," order a warm satisfying Asian rice bowl — made just the way you like it! Dine outdoors under the colorful umbrellas and soak in the sights and sounds of the festive wharf location.
    Each bowl starts with fluffy steamed rice and seared crisp vegetables topped with your choice of chicken, beef or tofu and one of these delicious sauces:

• Teriyaki
    • Mandarin Orange
    • Spicy Korean
    • Thai Coconut Curry
    Kids ages 3 to 9 can enjoy a special-size teriyaki chicken rice bowl; fruit cup and choice of beverage included.

The Menu:
    Asian Rice Bowl - Each bowl contains steamed rice and seared asian vegetables - $9.79
    Step 1 - Choose Your favorite - Chicken, Beef Tofu
    Step 2 - Choose Your Sauce - Mandarin Orange, Spicy Korean, Thai Coconut Curry, Teriyaki

[​IMG]
    Teriyaki Chicken and Rice served with fruit cup and choice of drink - $6.49

Sides
    Edamame (baby soybeans in the pod) - $2.99
    Fresh Mango Slices - $3.69 ​
    Beverages
    Souvenir Sipper - $6.49
    Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Minute Maid Lemonade, Peak Ice Tea - $2.99/$3.49
    Bottled Water - $2.79
    Minute Maid Apple or Orange Juice - $1.79
    Nesquik Chocolate Milk - $2.79
    Hot Cocoa - $2.79
    Coffee - $2.79
    Hot Tea - $2.79
    Low-fat Milk - $1.79
    Sapporo (Japanese Beer) - $6.50

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Wiener Circle:
    [​IMG]

Menu:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#1 Chili Cheese Dog - Premium hot dog, topped with chili, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese, served with sliced apples or chips. $6.69[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#2 Barbecue Hot Link - Classic hot link, grilled onions and barbecue sauce, served with sliced apples or chips. $7.19[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#3 Sicilian Sausage - Mild Italian sausage, topped with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese, served with sliced apples or chips. $7.19[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#4 Portobello-Mushroom Philly - Grilled Portobello, onions & bell peppers sauteed in hefeweizen, topped with pepper jack cheese. Served with sliced apples or chips. $7.19 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#5 Hot Dog Combo - Premium hot dog, served with sliced apples or chips. $5.99[/FONT]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pacific Wharf Café
    [​IMG]

Drop anchor and take a break on the peaceful waterfront at the Pacific Wharf Café — a charming counter-service restaurant from Boudin Bakery, the famous artisanal bakery in San Francisco. Soak up the sunny day, watch the ducks float by or toss a penny into the sparkling blue Paradise Bay and make a wish.
    [​IMG]
    They even sell sourdough Mickey heads :D
    [​IMG]
    Sandwiches and More

Salinas Turkey Sandwich - Slices of smoked turkey, piled high with tomato, lettuce, Swiss cheese, on freshly baked bread. $8.69

Carmel Roast Beef Sandwich - Tender roast beef slices, tomato, lettuce, Cheddar cheese, on freshly baked bread. $8.69

Large bag of Chips $2.99

Thick and Hearty Soups Served in a sourdough bread bowl, baked fresh on-premises in the Boudin Bakery!

Monterey Clam Chowder - Creamy, rich and chock full of clams, this chowder features diced potatoes, celery, onion and peppers. $9.29

Bakersfield Broccoli and Cheese - Choice florets of broccoli and cauliflower are simmered in a chicken broth with rich Cheddar cheese, onion, celery and carrots. $9.29

Santa Rosa Corn Chowder - Plump corn kernels simmered with potatoes and roasted red bell peppers in a zesty chili bisque, then topped with chives and diced ham. $9.29

Vallejo Vegetarian Chili - Medley of tomato, bell peppers, onion, carrots, zucchini, pinto & black beans, simmered in a rich tomato broth, with just a hint of jalapeno and chile pepper. $9.29

23. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

New update for both Disneyland and California Adventure parks courtesy of Miceage.com and the blog called Dateline Disney. For those of you that like the sauce... and alice and wonderland... there is an update for you below.. a dance party themed as... well you will have to just check it out below.. :D

Disneyland has created a Cars inspired overlay/wrap to the existing fleet of Monorails to celebrate the opening of Cars Land on June 15th. The first to emerge was Mona the Monorail. (the other two are Mandy and Manny). The wrap is really just a pair of eyes and a mouth added to the head cone. However, they have created a brand new audio track similar to the existing spiel, that conveys the info as if the Mona was taking you on a tour of Disneyland. It works, it's charming and should be nice to have a round for a while. Each of the Monorails has its own name and spiel. It's a clever little short term marketing campaign which doesn't beat you over the head with lots of text or signs. It's just a face on the nose cone and a clever spiel. Simple and we really liked it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Purists can take heart in the fact that this is only temporary.

MATTERHORN:
    The Matterhorn continues to go through testing and is working out all of the kinks in time for the June 15th deadline.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The bobsleds are ready to go!

[​IMG]

CARNATION CAFE:
    In less than a month, the Carnation Cafe is set to return. June 13th, two days before the relaunch of DCA is the date that has been set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BUENA VISTA STREET:

While Cars Land is getting all the media coverage, we have a feeling that Buena Vista Street is going to be a sleep hit that will last the ages. What we've been able to see over the walls is nothing short of amazing and a complete transformation of a flat billboard style first act into a real life functioning place in time. Let us know what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

The level of detail on Buena Vista Street matches or exceedes what you'll find in New Orleans Square.

MAD T PARTY:

[​IMG]
    The House of Cards is in front of where Hollywood and Dine once was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ladies and gentlemen, the real reason for the Mad T Party . . . The bar!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    performance stage with Mad Arcade in the background

[​IMG]

The lighting package for the event is off the charts. There are huge video screens, and tons of fancy spots and special effects lighting.

GHIRARDELLI:
    Bricks! We have Bricks. The Ghirardelli facade in Pacific Wharf is finally coming out, slowly from the construction tarps. There isn't much to see yet. But here it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The front is still obscured.

CARS LAND:
    With just a few weeks left to go, Cars Land is about to open to the world on June 15th. Of course, if you have the money you can see it earlier.

[​IMG]
    The Fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers is being set up in the old It's Tough to be a Bug Fastpass location in Bugs Land.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cars Land Special Events
    If you are willing to pay $50-$75 you can get into Cars Land for a few hours on June 9th and 10th. And if you have $500 you can dine in the new Carthay Circle restaurant (ouch).

The morning spots cost $50 and there is a $75 opportunity in the evening to see Cars Land AND a special performance of World of Color. Are you going to BRAVE it?

How can you get into the event on the 9th and 10th? Visit this link: Disneyland Just Got Happier

If the Disneyland Passholder tickets sell out, check with D23, they'll have a limited number of tickets available for the event today as well at the same prices for all of the options.

26. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Thank you to all who have contacted me via email and PM and thanked me for posting this info. It is my pleasure. And for those of you who sent me requests for info on where I go for tickets and discounted hotel rates, where I stay etc, thanks for allowing me to help make your Disneyland experience that much more magical. I really enjoy the "magic" that Disneyland has.. think about it.. where can you wear a hat with ears on it and not get looked at funny or commented about? I asked my parents every year since I was 5 to go to Disneyland but my parents could never afford it. My aunt was able to take me finally when I was 13. Since that trip I was hooked. Although I wouldnt return for another 4 years with a girlfriend I had at the time. then I went on a small hiatus due to a new job. then once I was promoted and making decent money I took my girlfriend (still currently together) for her first time to Disneyland that was in 2009 and since then we have gone 1-3 times a year since. but If I lived in LA I would work at Disneyland. But I live a ways away, 6 and a half hours away. that would be one hell of a commute. Did you guys know Boyd Coddington worked at Disneyland as a machinist? I just bought my first Annual pass. so more trips to the happiest place on earth this year will be in the works :)

Ps: all of you guys who are going, make sure you check out the world of color show with your kids. Its awesome. Even if your not going with kids check it out. But get the fast pass for it as early as you can. It is NOT like Fantasmic where its first come forst serve seating you actually NEED a fast pass to watch the show. The fast passes are located next to the grizzly rover run rapid ride. Make sure you bring all of your tickets in order to get fast passes for each of member of your party.

Its like the Bellagio fountains on LSD or acid lol its really a huge innovation achievement for Disneyland

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Man Doug, you are on it! Yeah the video was cool and I even showed up in a couple parts of it!

28. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

29. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Thanks. My addiction to cars comes close to my addiction to Disneyland. I know almost everything there is to know about the park. I do not claim to know everything as i am learning new things everyday.

Any secrets that i should know about cars land that the typical public wont know? You can pm me it if you do not want to share it with the whole world.

I would love to be a Disneyland tour guide.

I love the details.. one fun detail that i am sure no one on here knows about or who has seen is the half and half light bulb in Coca Cola corner.

Coca Cola corner is located on the north west side of the end of Main St. Seen here:

[​IMG]

When Main Street was being built in 1955 an electrician was installing the red and white popcorn lights on the corner entrance. He thought that the light bulbs were going to all be clear and not colored. But they were designed to be alternating white and red. Well in order to have a perfect white red white red pattern you need an even number of light sockets to make things look balanced and not have two reds next to each other or two whites together. So he accidentally drilled holes for and installed an odd number of sockets. Well good ol Walt didnt want to rebuild the over hang's wooden ceiling which the light bulbs were installed into so what did he decide to do?

He made one bulb famous....

He made the one and only red/white bulb. Yes it is half white/half red..

The guy was a genius..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it was never intended to be seen. It was supposed to blend in. And to the average visitor, it does its job of blending in. But for those in the know it has became one of the many famous details Disneyland is known for.

The park was built in one year from start to finish.. On July 21, 1954, construction on the park began. It was a momentous undertaking to build Main Street, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland in only one year. The total cost of building Disneyland would be $17 million equal to about $215,435,200 (two hundred fifteen million four hundred thirty-five thousand, two hundred) today. The park opened its gates to the public on July 17th, 1955 and has had over 803,000,000 (eight hundred and three million) visitors since. On any given day the number of visitors average 50,000 in each park and during the christmas time crowds can grow to 80,000. And yes Disneyland does have a maximum occupancy, it is about 85,000 visitors. Although the actual number is kept secret as not to discourage guests to come to the park on heavy crowd days. It has happened to where admittance was suspended for a few hours before they started to allow new visitors back inside. Lol crazy..

If you have not gone during christmas time you must go! It is a MUST! At night they have a show that lights up the castle with LED lights and twinkle lights and they make it snow on Main Street. It is breath taking. It will literally make you speechless. It gives me a super strong chill through my whole body because it is just so amazing.

Here is a good video of the castle lighting. But you cant see the snow too well so the second video below shows it pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHWCPoY1MeQ&sns=em

You can see the snow in this video at about 1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlSjfZHNJ2M&sns=em